Med's Done....
17-06-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa dated 11-11-2014/received 5-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
Mine's the same. We received your application for PR on Jan 24, 2014.

I believe it stays the same until after your AOR.

inarms said:
What are you guys' status on CIC?

for me, it is in process and stated like below

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 14, 2014.

what is next step?

inarms

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with files
Med's Request
26-03-2014 with RPRF
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014 Peace Bridge
rimi3008 said:
i sent under under arranged employment category. They received my file at NS on march 3. So I was expecting some action after that, but nothing so far, no email, no cc, even my file is not returned...this is scary
One more thing, I applied within Canada, does that matter? and I wrote visa office for my file NS by mistake instead of writing ottawa or anywhere else
I also sent mine Sydney within CADADA. It does not matter.
You should wait for their response little bit more, it is early to be scare.
And that you had sent would be sending to suitable Visa Office.

inarms

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with files
Med's Request
26-03-2014 with RPRF
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014 Peace Bridge
sn2014 said:
Hello Hope,

You will soon receive your PER with your file number.

Then your file will be transferred to the visa office you chose. This Visa Office will issue your AOR.

Cc getting charged does not mean ministerial instructions are met. If you are looking to apply for a bridging open work permit, you can only do so after your AOR is received.
Mine is here that I had received from Sydney

FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
P.O. BOX 7500
SYDNEY, NS B1P 0A9

******* LEE

Application for Permanent Residence in Canada

12 March 2014

UCI: 6530****
*6530*****

Application: E0001*****
*E0001******

*****LEE:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on May 4, 2013. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.
However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal skilled worker will be made by a visa office.

Please note: The requirements for Arranged Employment are outlined on:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of $1,400.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in 3284). Your receipt number is 00*********. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

It is important for you to learn about the steps you need to take to get your credentials and qualifications recognized in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends that you review the resources on the Foreign Credentials Referral Office’s website (www.credentials.gc.ca) and the Department’s website (www.cic.gc.ca) for helpful information about living and finding work in Canada. If your application will be processed through China, India, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Japan or the UK, you might receive information and an invitation letter from CIC about free in-person assistance. In order to participate in this service you will require an invitation letter from the CIC mission which will be sent to you during the later stages of the immigration process if you are determined to be eligible for it. You can access information about this free in-person assistance at www.newcomersuccess.ca . Actual participation in this in-person service is not a guarantee nor an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

JM
Case Processing Agent
Citizenship and Immigration
Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail address is solely for the purpose of communicating to clients and/or their representative’s further instructions regarding their application. This e-mail box is not being monitored. Any future communication/queries to this e-mail address will therefore not be answered.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
If I am to understand the FSW-AEO correctly, they only place applications under processing if ministerial instructions are met. If not, the applicant is issued a refusal letter by CIO Office. At this point I don't think a credit card should be charged.
I am not sure if there are separate communications for AOR and PER, however I believe I have met the ministerial instructions and that my application has been placed for processing by the CIO office. I require an AOR to be able to apply for my BOWP.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

The CIO will assess the applicant’s submission as-is and make a final determination of eligibility for processing under the applicable Ministerial Instructions.
To be eligible for processing, the applicant must have submitted a complete application as per the kit requirements in place at the time of application and meet all the criteria described in the applicable Ministerial Instructions in place on the date of application receipt.
If the application is determined to be eligible for processing, the applicant will be informed. Once the CIO has made a positive eligibility determination, processing has begun and processing fees are no longer refundable.
If the application is determined to be ineligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and will receive a refund of processing fees. The application will not be returned to the applicant.
If the application meets all the criteria of applicable Ministerial Instructions, then the CIO will make a final positive determination of eligibility for processing and:
o put the application into process and inform the applicant (Section 9.1); and
o proceed with assessing the application against minimum requirements (Section 10).
o The processing fees are no longer refundable.
 If the application does not meet all the criteria of applicable Ministerial Instructions, then the CIO will make a final negative determination of eligibility for processing and:
o record the outcome and reasons in GCMS;
o initiate a refund of processing fees; and
o inform the applicant (see Appendix A for sample letter).
The application will not be returned to the applicant.

Thanks

sn2014 said:
Hello Hope,

You will soon receive your PER with your file number.

Then your file will be transferred to the visa office you chose. This Visa Office will issue your AOR.

Cc getting charged does not mean ministerial instructions are met. If you are looking to apply for a bridging open work permit, you can only do so after your AOR is received.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
I also note the following on the 2014 operation manual for FSW:

Putting an application into process at the CIO
Following a positive completeness check and final determination of eligibility for processing under Ministerial Instructions, if any, in place at the time of application, the CIO will:
 create a file in GCMS;
 enter “SW1-FED” in the Category field in GCMS;
 cost recover the applicable processing fees and enter confirmation in GCMS;
 record the GCMS file number on the paper file;
 send an acknowledgement of receipt letter to the applicant informing them that their file has been placed into processing and, if applicable, transferred to another office;
 transfer the paper file to the processing office in accordance with existing file transfer policies; and
 transfer the electronic file to the processing office in GCMS by making that office the primary office for processing.

Based on the information in the manual, I believe I should be receiving the AOR from CIO and not the CIC office.

inarms

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with files
Med's Request
26-03-2014 with RPRF
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014 Peace Bridge
Hope1957 said:
If I am to understand the FSW-AEO correctly, they only place applications under processing if ministerial instructions are met. If not, the applicant is issued a refusal letter by CIO Office. At this point I don't think a credit card should be charged.
I am not sure if there are separate communications for AOR and PER, however I believe I have met the ministerial instructions and that my application has been placed for processing by the CIO office. I require an AOR to be able to apply for my BOWP.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

The CIO will assess the applicant's submission as-is and make a final determination of eligibility for processing under the applicable Ministerial Instructions.

To be eligible for processing, the applicant must have submitted a complete application as per the kit requirements in place at the time of application and meet all the criteria described in the applicable Ministerial Instructions in place on the date of application receipt.
If the application is determined to be eligible for processing, the applicant will be informed. Once the CIO has made a positive eligibility determination, processing has begun and processing fees are no longer refundable.
If the application is determined to be ineligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and will receive a refund of processing fees. The application will not be returned to the applicant.
If the application meets all the criteria of applicable Ministerial Instructions, then the CIO will make a final positive determination of eligibility for processing and:
o put the application into process and inform the applicant (Section 9.1); and
o proceed with assessing the application against minimum requirements (Section 10).
o The processing fees are no longer refundable.
 If the application does not meet all the criteria of applicable Ministerial Instructions, then the CIO will make a final negative determination of eligibility for processing and:
o record the outcome and reasons in GCMS;
o initiate a refund of processing fees; and
o inform the applicant (see Appendix A for sample letter).
The application will not be returned to the applicant.

Thanks

My agent told me I can apply my BOWP with file number on this e-mail.My pemit is to expire coming Jun. So I am going to summit application on May.

sn2014

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2014
AOR Received.
27-03-2014
File Transfer...
27-03-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
17-06-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
Applying for bowp without AOR is known to have worked but mostly because their AORs got issued in the time between applying for bowp and it coming up for processing.

Refer to this thread for experiences of people who've attempted it:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-my-bowp-approved-without-submitting-aor-t153061.75.html

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Yup! This I am aware of. If I am to understand this FSW-AEO correctly, once the processing fees have been recovered an AOR will be issued, correct? After a positive eligibility review has been done, an AOR will be received correct?

I do not know how long it takes to receive an AOR after processing fees have been recovered, but I sure hope it does not take too long because I need to apply for my BOWP. I anticipate to receive AOR after 4 to 6 weeks from the date CIO receives an application (information gathered from CIC website).

Sorry if I sound repetitive but I am not too familiar with FSW. Any thoughts or advise will be appreciated.

sn2014 said:
Applying for bowp without AOR is known to have worked but mostly because their AORs got issued in the time between applying for bowp and it coming up for processing.

Refer to this thread for experiences of people who've attempted it:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-my-bowp-approved-without-submitting-aor-t153061.75.html

sn2014

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2014
AOR Received.
27-03-2014
File Transfer...
27-03-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
17-06-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
You will get a PER from CIO first, after payment has been taken. This is the email with your file number. Currently it's taking 4 weeks from application.

AOR is issued by your visa office. It'll take another 3-4 weeks. So you're looking at a total of 7-8 weeks from application.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Thanks! So then PER means that Ministerial instructions have been met? Because fees are recovered only if an application is deemed to be eligible for processing. Correct?

sn2014 said:
You will get a PER from CIO first, after payment has been taken. This is the email with your file number. Currently it's taking 4 weeks from application.

AOR is issued by your visa office. It'll take another 3-4 weeks. So you're looking at a total of 7-8 weeks from application.

sn2014

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2014
AOR Received.
27-03-2014
File Transfer...
27-03-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
17-06-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
Based on the cic website:

Determining if a Positive Eligibility Decision has been made

For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of this Operational Bulletin, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when it is confirmed in GCMS that:

FSWP: the “Ministerial Instructions” status has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter/ e-mail has been sent.

But, my issue is that the email sent to us with our file number (which in arms has posted above) says that CIO has made a positive determination of eligibility. However, a FINAL decision on eligibility will be made by the Visa office!

That leads me to believe that we need to wait for communication from the visa office before we apply for bowp. Otherwise, what you are saying makes sense and we should be able to go ahead with just the file number email.

Thoughts?

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Based on OB 485 - A(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp)

If a FSW applicant has received communication that they can have met ministerial instructions and that their application has been placed into processing, then you can apply for your BOWP. A VO will check on GCMS if “Ministerial Instructions” status has been set to “Met” and then they will process your BOWP. And as far as I can understand, processing fees are deducted only when an applicant meets Ministerial Instructions.

Hence, once we receive a PER communication, we can apply for our BOWP. I would think that AOR and PER are one and the same for the purpose of FSW. AOR is issued to acknowledge an applicant's application when it is complete and after it meets ALL of the Ministerial Instructions and also to inform an applicant that the file is now being processed and/or transferred to a Visa Office.

So if you are currently working in Canada and your exisiting work permit is about to expire within 4 months and you are in Canada, then you can apply for your BOWP. You should have also received communication from CIO that your application is complete and has met Ministerial Instructions OR you should have received a Final Positive decision from a Visa Office. Normally the latter takes a long time, but if you are at that stage and you meet all of the criteria set out for BOWP as per OB 485-A, you can apply for your BOWP.

And as for me, now I am just waiting to receive some sort of communication from CIO Office so that I can apply for my BOWP! And I am also hoping that charging me $550 is a good sign. :)

Good luck to us all :)

sn2014 said:
Based on the cic website:

Determining if a Positive Eligibility Decision has been made

For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of this Operational Bulletin, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when it is confirmed in GCMS that:

FSWP: the “Ministerial Instructions” status has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter/ e-mail has been sent.

But, my issue is that the email sent to us with our file number (which in arms has posted above) says that CIO has made a positive determination of eligibility. However, a FINAL decision on eligibility will be made by the Visa office!

That leads me to believe that we need to wait for communication from the visa office before we apply for bowp. Otherwise, what you are saying makes sense and we should be able to go ahead with just the file number email.

Thoughts?

sn2014

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2014
AOR Received.
27-03-2014
File Transfer...
27-03-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
17-06-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
Getting charged is definitely a positive!

Well my work permit still has 7 months on it so I wouldn't be able to apply right now in any case. I might as well wait for the AOR from New Delhi just to be extra cautious since I do have time.

inarms

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with files
Med's Request
26-03-2014 with RPRF
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014 Peace Bridge
Do not be surprised.
I have received the reguest of medical exam and RPRF from cpp-ottawa i have chosen for me and my precious family.
So I made an appointment the medical exam on coming Monday.

I am not sure what is going on onto me.

Even I have not gotton AOR.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: March 26, 2014 6:33 AM
To:
Subject: APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN CANADA#E000******

cid:image005.jpg@01CAA101.28C7C360

Date: March 26, 2014

UCI: 653*****
Application: E000*****

***** LEE

Dear *********** LEE

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

· Medical examination for all (Medical Instructions will be sent separately via email within the next 48 hours)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

· Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for yourself and your spouse. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa. Please follow these steps:

· Go to the website: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
· Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
· Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”
· You must pay this fee once for yourself as principal applicant and your spouse
· Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490
· Click “Submit”
· Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with a credit card
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. You must send the receipt to CPP-O.

Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:
Attention: Case Analyst SN6164 – CPP-O
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this e-mail. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated above.

If we do not hear from you within 60 days, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused.

All e-mail enquiries should be sent to the following address only:
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Sincerely,
Case Processing Center - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des demandes - Ottawa – SN6164
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

+++++++++++++++
Désistement : En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas

rimi3008

Jul 14, 2013
vancouver
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
File Transfer...
31-03-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Passport Req..
11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
inarms said:
Do not be surprised.
I have received the reguest of medical exam and landing fee from cpp-ottawa i have chosen for me and my precious family.
So I made an appointment the medical exam on coming Monday.

I am not sure what is going on onto me.

Even I have not gotton AOR.
seems like someone is getting lucky :) hope for the best and congrats. same thing happened with my friend and her file number was also sent with medical request, so I'm not sure what exactly happened in your case but if they have sent med req, then probably file num is on its way