+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to start a petition. Please provide Input!

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
flavdcosta said:
Another point to add to the petition is the fact that we all have jobs based on our own merits, every employer has employed us based on a fair competition (in the form of interviews) with fellow Canadians. Every employer has advertised the job initially and then based on our abilities we have got the job. So why the requirement of proving ourselves again?

We have got the job compared to the fellow Canadians coz the employers have thought we were a better fit.
good point!

Mltan

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
why are you only including PGWP and those with open work permit? what about those TFW with closed work permit that has been working here for a while as well?

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
I am in too...My permit also expires in June'15...me and my husband struggled to qualify under CEC and now this EE screwed the whole thing. It's unfair to all PGWP holders. We all deserve a chance to be a part of this country.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
650 supporters and counting. I can't believe the numbers have gone up just in one day. People share the petition's link as much as possible. Go supporters Go.....

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
john1818 said:
650 supporters and counting. I can't believe the numbers have gone up just in one day. People share the petition's link as much as possible. Go supporters Go.....

domnicj

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Just a suggestion,as I am in the same boat, and I signed the petition.

The only major change that has to be made is award 600 point to PGWP holders.

Hope, you'll understand this and make appropriate changes. Its nice to see The globe and mail, it would be nice to see more news channels like CBC and CTV News and other news papers as well.

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
domnicj said:

Hope, you'll understand this and make appropriate changes. Its nice to see The globe and mail, it would be nice to see more news channels like CBC and CTV News and other news papers as well.
Or make draws only for CEC for 15000 applicants .

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
domnicj said:

Why would PGWP holders qualify for an additional 600 points? 600 points are awarded to LMIA holders because this shows that there is a need for them in the Canadian job market, if a PGWP holder is occupying a role that could be filled by a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, then they take priority.

It's as simple as that.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
600 pints for pgwp! 15000 draws for Cec!!
Lolzzzz...
most of us here have absolute no clue about anything in EE.
if we submit such infantile claims, its only going to be a big joke for the govt.

Grow up guys !!!

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only request that can be made is to consider the importance of all the OWP holders who have worked hard in this country for their own people.

We have no stake in the govt. Whatsoever. .
we're arent obliging them by working here. They are obliging us by letting us stay.
In 2012, they returned 1000's of fsw applications back becoz of back logs. None could do nothing about it!

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If 600 extra points are awarded only for PGWP holders, then the entire purpose of LMIA and PNP is lost.
they would never agree to that becoz the one if the main criteria od launching EE is to encourage LMIAs and PNPs.

Instead, lets request them to consider CECs more often so that all OWPs are covered!

Instead of saying how LMIA holders could be useless enough to be kicked out in a week of their employement, ask them to rather relax the LMIA requirements for PGWPs.

Words like "useless" , "must have" , "should consider" are not petition words. Theyre order words !!

corsica514

Jan 30, 2015
the_lion said:
If 600 extra points are awarded only for PGWP holders, then the entire purpose of LMIA and PNP is lost.
they would never agree to that becoz the one if the main criteria od launching EE is to encourage LMIAs and PNPs.

Instead, lets request them to consider CECs more often so that all OWPs are covered!

Instead of saying how LMIA holders could be useless enough to be kicked out in a week of their employement, ask them to rather relax the LMIA requirements for PGWPs.

Words like "useless" , "must have" , "should consider" are not petition words. Theyre order words !!

We are talking about PGWP holders who has been working in Canada for 3-4 years only have 30-40 points under Canada work experiences out of 600, that is not equal to "If 600 extra points are awarded only for PGWP holders".
Also, remember employer has employed us because we were a better fit compared to fellow Canadians who went through the interviews with us and also willing to take the position. This LMIA makes less sense for PGWP holders.
More importantly, if we ask employers to do LMIA for us, there is a chance that we may be requested to stay in the company for an extra 3-5 years for exchange. This is a big cost to our career that EE has imposed on us.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only valid request to make, in my opinion is to ask them to make frequent CEC Draws.
They're no ways going to pend another couple 1000 dollars just to modify the CRS for a couple 1000 PGWP holders. esp. after so mmuch publicity and thinking(so called) and approvals!

I totally agree to your point that LMIAs for PGWP holders do not make any sense at all!