+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to start a petition. Please provide Input!

Jcgo9355

Nov 10, 2014
unclesamy said:
sign the petition brother let our voice be heard
Actually I am not too against the LMIA system to the point that it should be eliminated or we should get 600 points for free.

In my opinion, it's a better option if CIC can lower the bonus points for LMIA to a reasonable level so that people can actually compete fairly. (what's the point of going through all the CEC works when the lowest possible point a person with LMIA or PNP could get is our maximum possible points? A person that gets 0 basic points will still end up with 600 points through either one of the two bonuses)

But I do agree with you that there should be more points for the CEC experience and eliminate our needs to get another job offer with arranged employment. Not only because I already have a job, but also there's a question "will I accept the job offer from arranged employment"? Will I give up my current position at one of the most prestigious accounting firms in the world for another job? Highly unlikely! So not only the requirement does not make any sense, but also it's economically infeasible, it only increases the time and financial costs of the companies trying to recruit through arranged employment, because I WON'T be accepting their job offer!

Incan1010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Ooo my god one guy he want do petition on Canadian govt. : be calm and do your works first don't waste your time and don't post this type of mesgs. :-\

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Incan1010 said:
Ooo my god one guy he want do petition on Canadian govt. : be calm and do your works first don't waste your time and don't post this type of mesgs. :-\
Petition is not a bad thing. If open work permit holders are contributing somewhat even a cent in this country's tax system and other social and economic benefits then its not a bad idea to request in a respectful and civilized manner to government for little amendments in immigration law.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Incan1010 said:
also some people do not have time to sit around and wait for the next draw and do nothing their work permits are expiring soon.

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
Why don't you guys just wait for next draw before all this petition thing. They could have said people without LMIA can't apply, but they didn't do that, they must have something in their mind. The truth is we can't even think from their prospective. So many top brains are working in here who run this country. So try not to piss them off.

They never promised us, or gave us in written that we will be a permanent resident, even our work permit says must leave Canada by ........ By doing this we are asking something from them that they are not obliged to do. It was our choice to come here and study, they didn't invite us. I am not being hostile, I am one of you guys. So chill.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
gss89x said:
Why don't you guys just wait for next draw before all this petition thing. They could have said people without LMIA can't apply, but they didn't do that, they must have something in their mind. The truth is we can't even think from their prospective. So many top brains are working in here who run this country. So try not to piss them off.

They never promised us, or gave us in written that we will be a permanent resident, even our work permit says must leave Canada by ........ By doing this we are asking something from them that they are not obliged to do. It was our choice to come here and study, they didn't invite us. I am not being hostile, I am one of you guys. So chill.
please read the petition and then decide. see what we r actually saying
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
gss89x said:

You are so right on your 1st para, your 2nd para applies to you 1st but you will never take action on what you have just mention because your timeline shows you already got AOR under the old system. You cannot understand the feelings of 1000s (including myself) of PGWP holders who are so pissed off after the 1st draw.

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
unclesamy said:
please read the petition and then decide. see what we r actually saying
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system
And I just requested to wait for next draw for a better idea. Just an opinion. Also AOR means nothing to me, people have got their applications rejected after wait of 13 months..Anyways...good luck with that, I hope they approve

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
134 supportes and counting. Guys please forward this link on the whatsapp and facebook.

Incan1010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Guys I think wait for next draw its better for everybody be coz I know our problems but if really cic taking next draw for pgwp and others. who knows,and if we did something wrong now may be cic will change their mood.
This is my opinion only. Cheers

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Incan1010 said:
Guys I think wait for next draw its better for everybody be coz I know our problems but if really cic taking next draw for pgwp and others. who knows,and if we did something wrong now may be cic will change their mood.
This is my opinion only. Cheers
CIC is not a person who has mood swings. We see some problems with the whole system so we are pointing out what we think needs fixing we r not accusing anyone we are politely asking to be heard. we are communication with CIC.

flavdcosta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another point to add to the petition is the fact that we all have jobs based on our own merits, every employer has employed us based on a fair competition (in the form of interviews) with fellow Canadians. Every employer has advertised the job initially and then based on our abilities we have got the job. So why the requirement of proving ourselves again?

We have got the job compared to the fellow Canadians coz the employers have thought we were a better fit.