+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to start a petition. Please provide Input!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
the_lion said:
The only valid request to make, in my opinion is to ask them to make frequent CEC Draws.
They're no ways going to pend another couple 1000 dollars just to modify the CRS for a couple 1000 PGWP holders. esp. after so mmuch publicity and thinking(so called) and approvals!

I totally agree to your point that LMIAs for PGWP holders do not make any sense at all!

CIC have spent >10 million on rolling out this EE system because this is what they think is the right thing to do. I'm sure they won't mind few tens of thousands more to modify CRS if it's the right thing to do. I'm sure there are more than 1000 PGWP issued and being affected...

But you have a good point for making more CEC-only draws, especially if they are working to make their target. This is within the confines of current system. IMO, they should separate pool for CEC and FSW/FST because they have separate targets to make. With the current CRS heavily biased to existing TFW/LMO, there is no way for most CEC workers (who are LMO-exempt) to compete with them. Result is most people got drawn are TFW onto FSWP/FSTP.

Asking the government to change the system after ~1 month makes no sense to them.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
Why would PGWP holders qualify for an additional 600 points? 600 points are awarded to LMIA holders because this shows that there is a need for them in the Canadian job market, if a PGWP holder is occupying a role that could be filled by a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, then they take priority.

It's as simple as that.
Don't really agree with the notion that 'a PGWP holder is occupying a role that could be filled by a Canadian' - As far as I'm concerned
- They are legally entitled to work in Canada
- They went through the same interview and selection process as everyone else and secured their job on merit - they are getting paid market rate for their services

This whole LMIA business doesn't really apply to skilled workers, especially skilled professions IMO - I seriously doubt Canadians aren't getting jobs because of a few thousand PGWP/LMIA exempt WP holders.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm just going to put it out there, sending that petition as it is at this stage of the new system, will do more harm than good.
For change to happen you need Canadian people to be supporting you, that petition will not garner any sympathy or support with Canadian citizens and due to the wording of it, could in fact turn them against not only PGWP holders but against everyone trying to immigrate. If you send that to media outlets, you're potentially damaging everyone's immigration hopes.

Better off waiting a few months, see how the system works and if needs be, then send a better petition.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
purplesnow said:
I'm just going to put it out there, sending that petition as it is at this stage of the new system, will do more harm than good.
For change to happen you need Canadian people to be supporting you, that petition will not garner any sympathy or support with Canadian citizens and due to the wording of it, could in fact turn them against you.

Better off waiting a few months, see how the system works and if needs be, then send a better petition.
AGREE!!!!!!!

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed.

The submission to CIC by the Canadian Bar Association would carry far more weight than a change.org petition signed by a thousand disgruntled PGWP holders.

Perhaps there could be dialogue between PGWP/LMIA exempt WP holders and the CBA to lobby the CIC for some of the changes requested.

newcec

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Well. I did not create any new petition since there is already one floating by.

But its poorly written. Much with emotion but less with hard facts and arguments.

Anyway, I came across the Canadian Bar Association Petition to CIC and believe that we should contact CBA to support us.

Thanks

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
newcec said:
Well. I did not create any new petition since there is already one floating by.

But its poorly written. Much with emotion but less with hard facts and arguments.

Anyway, I came across the Canadian Bar Association Petition to CIC and believe that we should contact CBA to support us.

Thanks
Thank you for bring that up (bolded part). I feel the same. Arguing with emotion is not going to work. I did not sign the petition despite it is in my flavor.

I think the CBA recommendations isn't saying PGWP should have less restrictions. (Unlike ICT and PhD grads) They are only saying CIC should not advertise PGWP and CEC as a way towards PR for students.

I did, however, read news articles about consultants isn't happy with the non-transparency of EE system, being unfair to a certain group of people and might force temporary workers in Canada to work on jobs under their education level. *1

But talking to CBA, or other related associations, or sending letters to minister is better than starting petitions full of emotional demands at this stage.

*1 http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/express-entry-could-sideswipe-high-skilled-foreign-workers-1.2870369

toronto_winter

Oct 15, 2014
there is a petition already in change.org

please sign

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system?recruiter=224931901&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

ryan123

Jan 15, 2015
but if you look at the comments below the news, many Canadian are not acting "friendly enough" to give everyone some hopes.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why would they do anything like that?!
They dont care weather we live or go. They will care only when their taxes or up or the economy falls.
How much immigrtion to make annually in order to steadily increase the GDP of Canada, is something you need to study Political Science or Economics for.