19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
nada3 said:
I don't think they can understand what all of us have to go through and how frustrating it is not to know anything.
That sums it up. :(

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
WOW congrats :) I'm so happy for you (as the saying goes " place your right hand on our heads ;) )
Irsa said:
Im so excited. every thing done. I hope you get yours too very soon. I applied Feb 22 and now my husband get the passport request. vohoooooo

Dear ........

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the
processing of your application you must:

Provide this office with an original passport for you in order that an immigrant visa be
affixed. The passport(s) must contain at least one blank page and must be valid beyond your
planned date of arrival in Canada. The passport(s) will normally be returned by registered
mail to the mailing address we have in our records. Please also send a photocopy of the
passport page containing your personal details and photo.

If you wish to have same day service, please come to our office in person. Please consult our
web site (see below) for our hours of operation.

We request that you comply with these instructions within two months of the date of this letter.
Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your application and the closure of your file.

Yours truly,

Visa Office

Embassy of Canada

Laurenzerberg 2

1010 Vienna, Austria

Email: vienn-visa @ international.gc.ca

Fax: 43 1 53138-3911

http://visa.kanada.at

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Congrats to you too :) I really hope you get it before May :D

Toronto ASAP said:
Guys thank you so much for worrying and sending positive thought to the universe for me :) And Muby and jkhan thanks a lot for your advice!!!

I'm sure it helped because it all went perfectly!!! I'm officially eligible :)

I didn't get the chance to write earlier because I had an early morning flight to Vienna (didn't get even a minute of sleep, guess I was too excited) and had a return flight late in the evening so was soooo exhausted and went strait to bed, after 12 hours here I come :)

The interview was about half an hour long. I came earlier expecting that they will look into the documents I brought but he actually took them 3min before. I had 3cm thick pile of papers so I think he just read the essay where I explained all the things he can find inside :) To think I spent a week to prepare them! I was so proud of my pile :(

I was nervous as if I'm passing some kind of oral exam, prepared days before in details :) But the moment I looked in the officer's eyes while he was taking that pile of papers I knew that it's all going to be fine because I could see he was this normal guy just doing his job and not someone who is going to question every word I say.

The questions were standard, first only about me, based on Schedule A, which I signed again at the end. Then it was about our relationship, he asked me to imagine it in a linear way, actually to describe the whole timeline of our relationship since we met till that day. He wanted facts: visits, trips, dates of proposal, marriage, next planned visit etc. It was interactive because he interrupts when he wants details, explanations or wants to move to the next time period but generally he was supportive. I could see from his body language that he was listening and also noticed that he doesn't know everything we wrote in the app or maybe that was an act, not sure. Also, the officer who called for an interview is not the one who is doing it, I didn't know that either. At the end he said: we're done, wow this was easy! I'm sorry you had to come all this way, congratulations! :)

All in all, it was less stressful than I expected. What I don't like is the interview room, it has less than 3m2, looks like it's underground!!! 2 tables and glass in between from the floor to the ceiling with a small hole so he can hear you and you can exchange papers. No natural light, no windows, luckily I'm not claustrophobic!!! I think there are cameras as well but I tried not to think about it. He types while you talk so that was a bit strange for me because I prefer eye contact. Also, I generally talk fast and a lot so I had to slow down, not easy :)

At the end I asked him what we can expect next because we want to be able to make plans finally. He checked in the computer and said that I had passed everything but medical expired so I can expect medical instructions by email. I asked about the extension, he was like you don't need that, it's gonna take longer than to do another one?!!!! (never mind the 135 EUR but what the hell) He said: I would say early spring you are ready to go! Knowing them and reading about Canucks fan experience I just hope it's not gonna be after May. I scheduled my new medical for tomorrow! So we're very happy, for now! :)

In this positive mood I will say it's gonna be over soon for all of us guys!!!

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
A question from those who have already applied for GCMS notes: Am I right to assume that since I'm using my husband's info to check the status (my husband is my sponsor), that he is the one who has to apply for the notes?

CanucksFan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013 2nd Medical
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 2nd Medical Redone
Interview........
19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
Avissa said:
A question from those who have already applied for GCMS notes: Am I right to assume that since I'm using my husband's info to check the status (my husband is my sponsor), that he is the one who has to apply for the notes?
Yes, he should request them with your consent. I did it by email with my husband's and stepson's consent form signed and scanned, and my application form signed and scanned. It arrived after 30 days exactly. 85 pages that turned out to be informative after going through them.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
nada3 said:
I don't think they can understand what all of us have to go through and how frustrating it is not to know anything.
With me being unemployed: There is an income missing for I don't know how long. We have to pay our bills, the new condo etc. I don't know how long I have to stay at home. And I don't have the possibility to go back to Germany to earn some money because then we risk our status as a common-law couple. On top of that I'm losing my Canadian health insurance in 3 weeks. So I just paid another 520 dollars last night to be insured for another 6 months. We are not rich people. How should we afford all of this with me not being able to work here?

CanucksFan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013 2nd Medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
little_apple said:
With me being unemployed: There is an income missing for I don't know how long. We have to pay our bills, the new condo etc. I don't know how long I have to stay at home. And I don't have the possibility to go back to Germany to earn some money because then we risk our status as a common-law couple. On top of that I'm losing my Canadian health insurance in 3 weeks. So I just paid another 520 dollars last night to be insured for another 6 months. We are not rich people. How should we afford all of this with me not being able to work here?
What is your profession? What do you do for living, if you don't mind saying?

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
CanucksFan said:
What is your profession? What do you do for living, if you don't mind saying?
Right now I am working in an European Deli in Calgary in the office. I'm doing all kind of things. Price calculation, customs preparation for incoming containers, receiving new goods, inventory control, and much more...

In Germany I did a 3 year apprentice as an office clerc and a 3 year distance study as Bachelor of Business Administration.

My 2nd work permit expires in the end of March and when I applied for PR in April 2013 I thought it would be approved by now. The last LMO's from my employer were refused so there was no chance of applying for a new work permit.

CanucksFan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013 2nd Medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
little_apple said:
Right now I am working in an European Deli in Calgary in the office. I'm doing all kind of things. Price calculation, customs preparation for incoming containers, receiving new goods, inventory control, and much more...

In Germany I did a 3 year apprentice as an office clerc and a 3 year distance study as Bachelor of Business Administration.

My 2nd work permit expires in the end of March and when I applied for PR in April 2013 I thought it would be approved by now. The last LMO's from my employer were refused so there was no chance of applying for a new work permit.
The reason I was asking, and I don't know if that's even a legal possibility, is for you to work remotely/virtually for a German-based company, to try to earn some money. Maybe something to look into. English classes to Germans, or admin work for companies who require someone with both English and German...???

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
CanucksFan said:
The reason I was asking, and I don't know if that's even a legal possibility, is for you to work remotely/virtually for a German-based company, to try to earn some money. Maybe something to look into. English classes to Germans, or admin work for companies who require someone with both English and German...???
As soon as I get paid from within Canada I require a work permit.
I don't know if it's possible to get a job in Canada paid through Germany. I still have a German bank account. That wouldn't be a problem.
I just want to make sure it's 100% legal what I do ;)

Cvrca

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
07-02-2014 New PC & medical
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 and 14-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
19-06-2014
CanucksFan said:
Yes, he should request them with your consent. I did it by email with my husband's and stepson's consent form signed and scanned, and my application form signed and scanned. It arrived after 30 days exactly. 85 pages that turned out to be informative after going through them.
Are those GCMS notes helpful in any way? ???

CanucksFan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013 2nd Medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
Cvrca said:
Are those GCMS notes helpful in any way? ???
Surprisingly, yes.
Since we've been waiting for so long, there were tons of entries what was done and when it was done, so it appears that everything is done, except Security Screening latest entries have no status nor dates, but looks like they were started when they received the medical results(Dec 2nd).
There are officer's names even, their comments on assessments, after interview comments, etc, etc...
I think that they are helpful if your processing time is longer than expected, or you want to make sure that the file is in Vienna, or after it's been in Vienna more than 6 months. Anyways, it's only 5 dollars and in our case it was the only information we received on our file in months.

Cvrca

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
07-02-2014 New PC & medical
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 and 14-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
19-06-2014
CanucksFan said:
Surprisingly, yes.
Since we've been waiting for so long, there were tons of entries what was done and when it was done, so it appears that everything is done, except Security Screening latest entries have no status nor dates, but looks like they were started when they received the medical results(Dec 2nd).
There are officer's names even, their comments on assessments, after interview comments, etc, etc...
I think that they are helpful if your processing time is longer than expected, or you want to make sure that the file is in Vienna, or after it's been in Vienna more than 6 months. Anyways, it's only 5 dollars and in our case it was the only information we received on our file in months.
Thank you, CanucksFan! ;)

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
We just got this e mail:

Dear xxx,

this refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) is ready to be picked up. In order to organise commercial courier (e.g. DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.) and you must supply a pre-paid commercial courier coupon. Ensure that all the required information is completed on the pre-paid commercial courier coupon, including:

· your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field

· the address of the Canadian Embassy in Vienna in the “Return Address” field (see address below)

· your account details

Once you have arranged the pre-paid pick-up with the commercial courier service, the commercial courier company must contact our section by e-mail (see e-mail address below) in order to organize the pick-up of your envelope.

Please note that the COPR will only be valid until March 25, 2014. The validity of the COPR is connected to the date of expiry of the medical examination results. You must be prepared to use/validate the COPR before it expires.

Since you are in Canada, you can validate the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) by:

· bringing your COPR to an officer at a land border, or

· going to a local CIC office with your family members.

For more information's please refer to this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22

Please reply to this e-mail as soon as possible.

You can see our timeline...All I can say is thank god it's over!!!!!! I truly wish everyone else the same soon!!!! I know the waiting is difficult and that this is a hard period for everyone, please stay strong!

Are there any recommendations on how to get this or should my husband go to Vienna in person even though the email is suggesting otherwise..

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
Ljiljana said:
We just got this e mail:

Dear xxx,

this refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) is ready to be picked up. In order to organise commercial courier (e.g. DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.) and you must supply a pre-paid commercial courier coupon. Ensure that all the required information is completed on the pre-paid commercial courier coupon, including:

· your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field

· the address of the Canadian Embassy in Vienna in the “Return Address” field (see address below)

· your account details

Once you have arranged the pre-paid pick-up with the commercial courier service, the commercial courier company must contact our section by e-mail (see e-mail address below) in order to organize the pick-up of your envelope.

Please note that the COPR will only be valid until March 25, 2014. The validity of the COPR is connected to the date of expiry of the medical examination results. You must be prepared to use/validate the COPR before it expires.

Since you are in Canada, you can validate the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) by:

· bringing your COPR to an officer at a land border, or

· going to a local CIC office with your family members.

For more information's please refer to this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22

Please reply to this e-mail as soon as possible.

You can see our timeline...All I can say is thank god it's over!!!!!! I truly wish everyone else the same soon!!!! I know the waiting is difficult and that this is a hard period for everyone, please stay strong!

Are there any recommendations on how to get this or should my husband go to Vienna in person even though the email is suggesting otherwise..
19 days to land. Wow, that's a short time. Hope the COPR arrives in time by courier. I don't know if he could pick it up in person. But hey: Congrats :)