Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
15-05-2014 finally over :)
Milance said:
I think that's more then enough. Im curious about how they know what to ask for. Some they just request police certificate, some just a new medical, yet for us they asked for documention of any visits since we got married as if they knew i went lol. Initially i sent 380 pages (including app) but still thats alot of evidence 9 months before wedding and 6 months after wedding. If we get DM or PPR after the review addition documents then i will guess its standard. If after this they request a new medical on top of everything then i will know they doubted our marriage. Makes me wonder how much proof of relationship is enough or too much. At least i know our app was complete to begin with but come on we had skype, fb, sms, phone records, pics, what more do they want. In just ranting lol.
Ur right, i hope they dont ask for more cus that will just make it a longer process and im already going crazy for all the things they need, ive sent them in original application proof of our relationship for 6 yrs plus now a year since we got married, i mean if thats not enough then nothing will satisfy them

Or by some miracle they will just email us in a week or so saying U GOT IT hhehehe, a girl can dream :)

KKMoe

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
I'm good Tom, thank you. Somewhat optimistic now hehe BTW, our application is finally 'in process'!
Greetings to you and your family!

messenger said:
Hi my friend, how are you?

You should have sent it to Mississauga for sure! We also paid few months after our initial start and at that time I mailed the receipt to Mississauga and to make sure I didn't make a mistake I mailed a copy also to Vienna explaining to them that the initial one was sent to Mississauga!

Tom

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BumpAhead said:
Ur right, i hope they dont ask for more cus that will just make it a longer process and im already going crazy for all the things they need, ive sent them in original application proof of our relationship for 6 yrs plus now a year since we got married, i mean if thats not enough then nothing will satisfy them

Or by some miracle they will just email us in a week or so saying U GOT IT hhehehe, a girl can dream :)
I assume they ask for 'more' proof just or make sure you are still in contact with your sponsor. During a year of processing a lot can happen to a relationship. I think you are pretty close to end and they need to make sure your are still in a relationship with your sponsor before they can actually send you your visa.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
I'm in shock. Doc request from Vienna and they ask for things we cannot provide. Great...

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
little_apple said:
I'm in shock. Doc request from Vienna and they ask for things we cannot provide. Great...
What happened? You got a new medical request???

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
We moved in together in April 2012. I moved to his place and it was the first day of our relationship as well. Long story... ;-)

We provided a letter from the landlord that the rental agreement is just in his name but he can confirm that I moved in on April 20, 2012. But still: they want to see the joint rental agreement we don't have.

Joint utility bills: was included in rent. So we don't have any from April 2012-Mai 2013
Since Mai 2013 we have a joint electricity account for our condo BUT with his name on the bill which goes to my email address (it was not possible to put both names on the invoice)

Shaw TV and internet bill: He had his account for 10 or more years, we never put my name on it. We just didn't think about it at that time. We didn't enter the relationship thinking about a possible immigration and things we might have to proof.

Joint bank account since April 2012 (the day we moved in together). Seriously? We provided proof for our joint bank account starting February 2013 because we bought the condo. Isn't that enough after 10 months of relationship? Many people never have a joint bank account in their life!

Taxes for 2012 - that's ok

Taxes for 2013 - we haven't even started yet because we're still waiting for our T4's

Purchase of joint condo - ok, but we provided the invoice already. No problem I send it again

Police certificates expired - they didn't ask for new ones

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
little_apple said:
We moved in together in April 2012. I moved to his place and it was the first day of our relationship as well. Long story... ;-)

We provided a letter from the landlord that the rental agreement is just in his name but he can confirm that I moved in on April 20, 2012. But still: they want to see the joint rental agreement we don't have.

Joint utility bills: was included in rent. So we don't have any from April 2012-Mai 2013
Since Mai 2013 we have a joint electricity account for our condo BUT with his name on the bill which goes to my email address (it was not possible to put both names on the invoice)

Shaw TV and internet bill: He had his account for 10 or more years, we never put my name on it. We just didn't think about it at that time. We didn't enter the relationship thinking about a possible immigration and things we might have to proof.

Joint bank account since April 2012 (the day we moved in together). Seriously? We provided proof for our joint bank account starting February 2013 because we bought the condo. Isn't that enough after 10 months of relationship? Many people never have a joint bank account in their life!

Taxes for 2013 - we haven't even started yet because we're still waiting for our T4's

Purchase of joint condo - ok, but we provided the invoice already. No problem I send it again

They are asking for all this! Yikes!!! My husband and I don’t have most of these things! As you said all utility bills and condo lease agreement are on one name! Mine! Joint bank account - never thought of doing this nor do we have it... I don’t know what to say :( My medical and police certificate are expiring in March - I am hoping they won’t ask for new ones :(((

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
That's why I'm so shocked. We told them we don't have a joint rental agreement and provided the landlord's letter. It's not enough :-(
And we won't have the taxes done by April. No way... We are waiting for T4, T5 and we are first time home buyers. There's a lot to think about.

But the difference is: You are married. They won't ask for it. We are common-law :-(

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
little_apple said:
That's why I'm so shocked. We told them we don't have a joint rental agreement and provided the landlord's letter. It's not enough :-(
And we won't have the taxes done by April. No way... We are waiting for T4, T5 and we are first time home buyers. There's a lot to think about.

But the difference is: You are married. They won't ask for it. We are common-law :-(
Yes that is probably why they are doing this to you... I’m sorry I can’t help! But my point is that these things are crazy, like I said I would not be able to provide this if they asked us because we don’t have it!! I really hope you get this sorted out, I know its stressful when they ask for things you can’t provide…

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
The only thing I can do is writing a letter explaining the situation and that at the time we became a couple and moved in together we were not thinking about my immigration and possible documents we would need for it.

I don't even know what else I could send them because I sent them already everything I had

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
little_apple said:
The only thing I can do is writing a letter explaining the situation and that at the time we became a couple and moved in together we were not thinking about my immigration and possible documents we would need for it.

I don't even know what else I could send them because I sent them already everything I had
Yes - I think that this is good to do; I know that I mentioned this before in one of my posts but maybe consulting with an immigration lawyer? I know it costs a lot but maybe it would help?

CanucksFan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013 2nd Medical
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 2nd Medical Redone
Interview........
19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
little_apple said:

Hi,

Don't stress too much about it, you are right, most couple have little or nothing at all. They should be worried about those people who DO have everything thought through, wouldn't they?
I would contact the landlord of your previous place and ask him nicely to go with you to Notary and give a statement in which he confirms that you moved in on a specified date. And maybe get a few more witness statements confirming the same. Have you ever paid any rent with your cheques or do you have any receipts in your name?
And when you get those statements, write the same letter to VO explaining what you just explained to us, but tell them that you are enclosing the notarized statements from the witnesses who are confirming that you lived there. Include all the details, names, phone numbers, emails so that they can be contacted if needed.
My husband and I moved in together 4 days after we first met :), and of course, for a few years until he got his TRP/Work permit paperwork sorted out, EVERYTHING was in my name.

Oh, I was sooooo hoping to hear some good news today in the forum, it will be 2 years since our application was received on February 22nd. I couldn't have ever imagined this, not in my wildest dreams. Our families and friends both in Toronto and Vancouver are waiting to hear from us with good news, for over 2 years now we've been waiting for this process to be over so that we can go back home to Vancouver.
Unbelievable. We don't have a joint account, but we have 2 kids together after 9 years of marriage - our anniversary is on March 19th, wow. When does this end? I love Canada dearly, but how fair is this?

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
Would a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law make a difference?

He paid the rent by cheque, I paid the groceries. That's how we split our bills. I paid cash most of the times. No proof for that. Our old bank accounts are closed and the information gone

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
I sent them a lot of copies of envelopes confirming that my mail received at his/our place starting one month later, in May 2012. Copy of joint health insurance, same address on driver's licence...

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
little_apple said:
I sent them a lot of copies of envelopes confirming that my mail received at his/our place starting one month later, in May 2012. Copy of joint health insurance, same address on driver's licence...
This stuff is all good, and will help for sure...