+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada1944 said:
thank you kopje

i need to send file with the GCMS note how much files do i need to send with the GCMS note? only one or do i need to send more files ?
Sorry for the late reply. We uploaded a copy of my wife's canadian passport and the signed constant form from me.

Canada1944

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Kopje said:
Sorry for the late reply. We uploaded a copy of my wife's canadian passport and the signed constant form from me.
its ok kopje thanks for the response but we didnt send a copy of the passport only the form it that enough?

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada1944 said:
its ok kopje thanks for the response but we didnt send a copy of the passport only the form it that enough?
I do not think so because you have to proof that your sponsor or you is eligible under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act to request GCMS notes.

namesnik

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know if they keep GCMS notes up to date? Is it possible that they have been doing something with an application but just haven't updated GCMS notes at that time?

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
DEAR MY VIENNA FRIENDS !!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

I was offline for 3 weeks for my vacation and now i came back, its all good to back to the forum, what i want to said is i am wishing anyone good news from Vienna as soon as possible especially is new year everything is new hope it will bring good news for our friends and everybody walk out happy with Visa stamp.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
messenger said:
Hi thank you and same to you...I am Orthodox but we celebrate Christmas on December 25th. You are referring to Julian calendar Orthodox Christmas :) My wife celebrates today as she is from Macedonia. Sreken bozik

Tom
Thanks Tom, I also celebrate on Dec 25th, but my husband celebrates the Orthodox holiday. Best wishes.
Eva

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
namesnik said:
Does anybody know if they keep GCMS notes up to date? Is it possible that they have been doing something with an application but just haven't updated GCMS notes at that time?
As far as I understand GCMS notes are an electronic printout of your file from their system. Anytime they do anything with your file would be logged in and will show in the GCMS notes. In my opinion it is the most accurate and up to date report you can get.
For example, On my husbands GCMS notes, they show the officers name or code that worked on the application and shows who it was forwarded to, any entry they made is there, the dates they did something, even the correspondence / e-mails show with dates and their responses; comments about the relationship and their opinions about it.

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 2014, new PC and Interview invitation
AOR Received.
Stage 1 - 15 Feb 2013, SA 22 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
Stage 2 AOR - 01 March 2013
Med's Done....
11 Jan 2013, 2nd 07 March 2014
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
nada3 said:
Happy Holidays to all celebrating Orthodox Christmas. All the best to you and your loved ones.
Sretan Božić :)
Srećan Božić Eva! :) All the best to everyone celebrating!

I came back from Canada. Being home with family and friends feels so great, I wasn't completely aware how much I missed them. Being apart from my hubby again after spending few months together isn't easy so it balances it out :)

Newpal, about your question, Canada was really nice for me but at this time I wasn't trying to find a job. I enjoyed furnishing our apartment, making it look and feel like a home, meeting new people, exploring Toronto, working on my thesis, discovering my culinary skills :), traveling and enjoying every minute of free time my hubby had after work (he works soooo hard). I didn't feel this relaxed since my summer breaks while studying but that's not the real life. Real life will begin when I start looking for a job without Canadian experience in such a competitive market, trust me that's the only worry I have after this visit because it will affect a lot my mood and general quality of life. People work and study at the same time, they are very ambitious and committed, self improvement is a must at all times. I like that, I am not afraid of working hard, I am just worried about getting that first chance of obtaining Canadian experience.

With a good job it is my opinion that Canada can be great, of course it has it's positive and negatives but it all depends on your attitude and circumstances you are coming from. Standard of life is great, you feel safe, the system works, the best thing is that you do know what is coming tomorrow, there is some kind of certainty. Coming from a country like Serbia I can honestly say Canadians are not fully aware of this blessing. I am not saying it is easy at all, every day you have to work hard, life is expensive in general, you pay for all kind of silly stuff if you ask me, people do not complain because they are used to it but when two people work and live together I think it can be great.

People are very kind and friendly, in a city like Toronto you can never feel like a stranger, you can be yourself. Getting used to everything was much easier for me than I thought it would be. There are things I don't like that much but you just have to accept it as a part of different culture (not just Canadian). People are not as sociable as they are in my country. Spending time with your friends and family is far less spontaneous, on a first contact they are very easygoing but they don't open up as much, don't show so much emotions, they are just not close on the level I am close with my friends. On line dating is in 99% a way of meeting new people. I have nothing against it, don't get me wrong, I am just trying to say I feel sorry that people are so alienated. 10 seconds after midnight on New Years Eve I turned to see everyone around us was looking at their smartphones :(

These are some of my thoughts for now, we'll see what I will think in a year from now :) But all in all, I am very satisfied with my visit because I could see our future at least for some time.

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Toronto ASAP said:

I came back from Canada. Being home with family and friends feels so great, I wasn't completely aware how much I missed them. Being apart from my hubby again after spending few months together isn't easy so it balances it out :)

Newpal, about your question, Canada was really nice for me but at this time I wasn't trying to find a job. I enjoyed furnishing our apartment, making it look and feel like a home, meeting new people, exploring Toronto, working on my thesis, discovering my culinary skills :), traveling and enjoying every minute of free time my hubby had after work (he works soooo hard). I didn't feel this relaxed since my summer breaks while studying but that's not the real life. Real life will begin when I start looking for a job without Canadian experience in such a competitive market, trust me that's the only worry I have after this visit because it will affect a lot my mood and general quality of life. People work and study at the same time, they are very ambitious and committed, self improvement is a must at all times. I like that, I am not afraid of working hard, I am just worried about getting that first chance of obtaining Canadian experience.

With a good job it is my opinion that Canada can be great, of course it has it's positive and negatives but it all depends on your attitude and circumstances you are coming from. Standard of life is great, you feel safe, the system works, the best thing is that you do know what is coming tomorrow, there is some kind of certainty. Coming from a country like Serbia I can honestly say Canadians are not fully aware of this blessing. I am not saying it is easy at all, every day you have to work hard, life is expensive in general, you pay for all kind of silly stuff if you ask me, people do not complain because they are used to it but when two people work and live together I think it can be great.

People are very kind and friendly, in a city like Toronto you can never feel like a stranger, you can be yourself. Getting used to everything was much easier for me than I thought it would be. There are things I don't like that much but you just have to accept it as a part of different culture (not just Canadian). People are not as sociable as they are in my country. Spending time with your friends and family is far less spontaneous, on a first contact they are very easygoing but they don't open up as much, don't show so much emotions, they are just not close on the level I am close with my friends. On line dating is in 99% a way of meeting new people. I have nothing against it, don't get me wrong, I am just trying to say I feel sorry that people are so alienated. 10 seconds after midnight on New Years Eve I turned to see everyone around us was looking at their smartphones :(

These are some of my thoughts for now, we'll see what I will think in a year from now :) But all in all, I am very satisfied with my visit because I could see our future at least for some time.
Hvala Milice,
I am glad you had a good time in Canada and that you have positive thoughts about life here. Every move is a big adjustment and will take some time to get used to. There are many opportunities but you have to work for them. It’s true that people work and study at the same time to better themselves or to advance in their carriers. I did the same, worked during the day and attended college (part time) in the evening. Everything is possible, you just have to put your mind to it. :)

namesnik

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nada3 said:
As far as I understand GCMS notes are an electronic printout of your file from their system. Anytime they do anything with your file would be logged in and will show in the GCMS notes. In my opinion it is the most accurate and up to date report you can get.
For example, On my husbands GCMS notes, they show the officers name or code that worked on the application and shows who it was forwarded to, any entry they made is there, the dates they did something, even the correspondence / e-mails show with dates and their responses; comments about the relationship and their opinions about it.
If that's true then my case won't be over anytime soon. My wife's GCMS notes from December say that they haven't started the security or criminality checks. We applied Jan 7

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
namesnik said:
If that's true then my case won't be over anytime soon. My wife's GCMS notes from December say that they haven't started the security or criminality checks. We applied Jan 7
I could be wrong about the accuracy... I got the GCMS notes in August and didn't show any security or crimanlity check started, but in their e-mail from May they said they would advise about next steps after the background checks are completed. So I just assumed they actually started them, based on that e-mail. For the crimanality check it said, " not strted" but for security it was blank. Not sure what to make of it either.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, and didn't mean to confuse you.

alvinn

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 28. 2013
Med's Done....
march 28. 2013
Interview........
december 17. 2013
Passport Req..
january 20 2014
VISA ISSUED...
31 january 2014
LANDED..........
fabruary 7 2014
hello guys. i have big problem. i need t sent my PIF..personal info. form..that v. officer requested,to see if my name is on it..but i try to convert it into zip,pdf,document, and other things but when i sent it answer is negative..and it is like file is too big ..it has 22 MB.......any advice....

newpal

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-13...Sent and recvd 13.01.14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17.04.2013 Stage 2 AOR
Med's Request
request 05.03.14 sent & recvd 11.03.2014
Med's Done....
First 19.06.2012
Interview........
NOT APPLICABLE :P
Passport Req..
In Process
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Today
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Toronto ASAP said:
@Toronto Asap thanks for a LONG response. It made me feel like as if I am in Canada :p btw nice to c u back. i hope we can meet one day in toronto.

@alvin. Scan your doc and save it as PNG and then convert it into .pdf .. ur doc will be in few KB's. let me know if it worked.

namesnik

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nada3 said:
I could be wrong about the accuracy... I got the GCMS notes in August and didn't show any security or crimanlity check started, but in their e-mail from May they said they would advise about next steps after the background checks are completed. So I just assumed they actually started them, based on that e-mail. For the crimanality check it said, " not strted" but for security it was blank. Not sure what to make of it either.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, and didn't mean to confuse you.
Thanks. (jebem ja njima malo majku svima)

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Hello evrybody

I am asking for help about chepest airline from anywhere in europe to Calgary Alberta?

Thank you
Muby