18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
Hello my friends

anybody is havign good news, this is craZy waiting time, My dear frined Tom, and Hungary how are you doing

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Someone with the same timeline as me (sent docs in August) from sao paulo VO just got a passport request. I guess that's something :|

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Avissa said:
Someone with the same timeline as me (sent docs in August) from sao paulo VO just got a passport request. I guess that's something :|
Avissa don't torture your self dear. Everyone else from any given VO is finishing up faster than us. We are with VIENNA!

Canhun

Oct 18, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26/2012
File Transfer...
September 20th/2012
Med's Done....
March 10/2013 (second time)
nada3 said:
Hi Canhun,
I don't think there is any reason for worry, if anything was wrong they would not request documents. I think it's a good sign, and that your process is almost over. :) The most important thing is , they finished your background checks. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you to be finished soon.
What did the MP do, just call them to get a status or you had a specific request? I am thinking of going to the MP too.
Hi Nada,

I did find it really helpful going to my MP, he put in a request for a case update as soon as we hit the "average processing" time on the website. They did tell him more than they have ever told us, such as it was approved in principal and just waiting on background. The second time I asked him to contact him, we heard from Vienna the next day saying Security was done. I think files just sit around there and it helps for them to think they are being watched by your MP. He is also writing a letter to the immigration minister's office stating that Vienna is not meeting their most basic obligations with time frames or with updating clients via the online portal. Doubt it will help, but it's a start.

Canhun

Oct 18, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26/2012
File Transfer...
September 20th/2012
Med's Done....
Hungary said:
Hi, Europe, i had no time to read the article yet, only clicked on it and had a look, but its already AWFUL!
And its better for me to shut up and not to continue with my opinion... :-X :-[ i will read it though.

Canhun, dont worry, Nada is right, if ere would be a problem, they would tell you or schedule an interview appointment or whatever you know. Tamás is right, they are finalizing the application! He lives in Budapest, on the Buda side, ooohhh thats soooo good, I wouldn't be so bored if I lived in Buda..... But I live in a small city and there is nothing to do, except for listening people gossiping about everything... About me as well as soon as I turn my back... They are doing this to everybody... Ahhh...
Hi Hungary,

What small town are you in? I know the feeling you are talking about when we travelled the countryside and stayed with some of Tamas's relatives in small towns, the entire town was looking and talking about the "American girl" (I gave up explaing the difference between Canadian and American after awhile). Luckily it didn't last forever like it is for you. I hope you get your papers really fast!!

Canhun

Oct 18, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26/2012
File Transfer...
September 20th/2012
Med's Done....
KKMoe said:
Hi Canhun,

congratulations on your progress! May I ask about your timeline? When did you submit your application? Appearently they started my background check in May when they asked to resubmit question 12. I haven't heard nothing since. Btw I'm Hungarian :) I am definitely considering to play the MP card too.

Have a great day!
Hi KKMoe!

Here is brief outline:
July 23rd, 2012 Vienna received application
Sept 20th, 2012 Vienna started processing
Dec 18th, 2012 Received a letter saying Birth Certificate was missing and to submit it by November 30th or re-start our application (got that sorted out thank goodness, they lost the original and e-mailed the wrong person)
April, 2013 re-did Medical
May, 2013 went to MP for help
October, 2103 contacted MP again.
October, 2013 background verification done, want us to fill out more papers

Our client portal has not changed since September 20th, 2012 saying that they have received our application and medical results! In 15 months they haven't been able to post an update!!!!

I wish you better luck than me! Where are you in the process?

Sarah

Canhun

Oct 18, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26/2012
File Transfer...
September 20th/2012
Med's Done....
WYWH said:
BC2013,

You mentioned transferring of files from other VOs and I wanted to share my experience with our application and hopefully get some advice on this matter, as my husband and I are getting pretty desperate at this point. Our sponsor approval was done on July 23rd 2012, but application was sent to the wrong VO (through no fault of ours, Mississauga CIC did this). I intervened, called CIC twice, they ignored me, assured me that "there must be a reason why your file is transferred to London, so please wait for London VO to contact you."
Unfortunately, London office does not send AORs when they receive files, only when they open them, which happened 4 months later. I explained to them too that our file belonged in Vienna, but they did nothing, we had to wait. After that, they said file was being transferred and not to contact Vienna for at least 8 weeks. It turned out to be 4 full months before we received an e-mail from Vienna (March 13th, 2013) that they finally had our file.

Our original AOR from London was Agust 2, 2012.
OP1 CIC manual clearly states the following:

OP 1 Procedures /5.19. File transfer
"For assessment purposes, visa offices receiving a transferred file must respect the original date on which the application was received as the “lock-in” date. For processing purposes, all processing steps for the files transferred to an office, including the scheduling of interviews,should be the same as for all other applications received in the office on the date corresponding to the “lock-in” date of the received file. This means that an application that is received in Paris in July 2002 and transferred to New Delhi in March 2003, would enter the New Delhi queue as of July 2002.”

According to this, it has been 14 1/2 months since original AOR date (LOCK-IN DATE), August 2, 2012 and we were supposed to be in process a while ago, but each time we send a Case specific inquiry, we are either ignored or we get the same repetitive response which indicates ""Please be informed that your application is in the queue for the review by an officer; Please also note that your file was transferred in March 2013 to our office. Applications for permanent residence in the Family class (spouses) - category may take 12 months or more to process."

Our local MP was no help at all, they just copied and pasted what Vienna said and told me to contact them in March 2014 if nothing happens by then and they will get an update.

My question to anyone who can shed any light at all would be - What do we do to bring this mistake to their attention??? Honestly, we cannot afford any more of CIC's mistakes. I just don't understand how nobody takes responsibility for things like this. All we are asking for is to be treated in accordance with procedures and to be put in the queue for August 2012 AOR, but it is like talking into deaf ears.

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks to everyone who reads it, even if they cannot give any advice at the moment.

I wish all of you the best of luck and hope nobody has to go through these frustrations and problems with CIC and VOs like we have been going through. :(
That is absolutely terrible! I feel so bad for you. We had a delay with Vienna losing a birth certificate, and then e-mailing the wrong e-mail address but I don't think it set us back quite as much. Our dates (before our screw ups) are the exact same. CIC processed my sponsorship on July 23rd, 2012 and Vienna started working on the file September 20th. Although with the BC mess up, it wasn't actually until January 2013 that they started with the file. My fingers are crossed for you and I hope you get a reply from the CI Minister. I did write them last year and got a form e-mail back, but that was when Jason Kenney was in charge, maybe it's better. I hope so. This is just waaaay too long.

KKMoe

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Canhun said:
Hi KKMoe!

Here is brief outline:
July 23rd, 2012 Vienna received application
Sept 20th, 2012 Vienna started processing
Dec 18th, 2012 Received a letter saying Birth Certificate was missing and to submit it by November 30th or re-start our application (got that sorted out thank goodness, they lost the original and e-mailed the wrong person)
April, 2013 re-did Medical
May, 2013 went to MP for help
October, 2103 contacted MP again.
October, 2013 background verification done, want us to fill out more papers

Our client portal has not changed since September 20th, 2012 saying that they have received our application and medical results! In 15 months they haven't been able to post an update!!!!

I wish you better luck than me! Where are you in the process?

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

oh my, I think I have no right to complain after seeing your timeline... and I really hope that it's gonna be over shortly for you guys. I am well within the average processing time. We applied in March so if there is no news till January, we will start bugging our MP (the timeframe was 10 months when we started the procedure). I am lucky to be able to stay with my hubby in Canada. The reason why my patience is slowly running out is that I would finally like to start working just like many others here.

KKMoe

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Canhun said:
Hi Nada,

I did find it really helpful going to my MP, he put in a request for a case update as soon as we hit the "average processing" time on the website. They did tell him more than they have ever told us, such as it was approved in principal and just waiting on background. The second time I asked him to contact him, we heard from Vienna the next day saying Security was done. I think files just sit around there and it helps for them to think they are being watched by your MP. He is also writing a letter to the immigration minister's office stating that Vienna is not meeting their most basic obligations with time frames or with updating clients via the online portal. Doubt it will help, but it's a start.
thanks Canhun,
I will do the same and contact my MP. I will wait 2 more weeks and then it will be exactly 12 months since the file is in Vienna. :)

Cvrca

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
07-02-2014 New PC & medical
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 and 14-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
19-06-2014
Hello everybody!

Does the twelve months to the processing time applies from the time when the application arrived in Mississauga or concerns since it was in Vienna? Because on the CIC site, it says: 12 months according to complete application package.

Thanks in advance to your answer!

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Cvrca said:
Hello everybody!

Does the twelve months to the processing time applies from the time when the application arrived in Mississauga or concerns since it was in Vienna? Because on the CIC site, it says: 12 months according to complete application package.

Thanks in advance to your answer!
Hi Cvrca,
this is from the CIC website, under processing times:
The tables below indicate application processing times at Canadian visa offices once Step 1 has been completed. The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013. Processing times are subject to change.

So unfortunately 12 months is from the time Vienna receives your application. Every case is different and some people are processed faster then others. You never know really. Some of us here are waiting a long time. What is your timeline?

sunny94

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of December 2012
Doc's Request.
Middle of february 2014
AOR Received.
middle of feruary 2013 by e-mail
File Transfer...
middle of february 2013, + AOR by e-mail
Med's Request
2nd time: April 2014
Med's Done....
1st time: November 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
middle of July 2014
Hello Guys...

I know I was away from this topic for a long time. I just didn't feel any energy to talk with anybody. I feel worse and worse day after day, I guess this is what we call the start of a depression.
Now I feel a bit better so I though to write you, at least that I am still alive.

I red the good news too, I'm glad to hear that Vienna woke up. :) I wish from all my heart this nightmare will end soon. It's just too much for us, few days ago it was exactly 1 year since I am far from my hubby. 1 year... Seriously...
I just wait a call or anything from my husband, that finally they approved our application and I just need to wait for my passport and go back to HIM by the first airplane to Canada.
Soon it will be the date to do my medical again, well.. if Vienna ask it. I wish when they ask and it's sent to them right after they will say that I am accepted. That would be so wonderful.

I wish the bests for all of us. We deserve it...

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
sunny94 said:
Hello Guys...

I know I was away from this topic for a long time. I just didn't feel any energy to talk with anybody. I feel worse and worse day after day, I guess this is what we call the start of a depression.
Now I feel a bit better so I though to write you, at least that I am still alive.

I red the good news too, I'm glad to hear that Vienna woke up. :) I wish from all my heart this nightmare will end soon. It's just too much for us, few days ago it was exactly 1 year since I am far from my hubby. 1 year... Seriously...
I just wait a call or anything from my husband, that finally they approved our application and I just need to wait for my passport and go back to HIM by the first airplane to Canada.
Soon it will be the date to do my medical again, well.. if Vienna ask it. I wish when they ask and it's sent to them right after they will say that I am accepted. That would be so wonderful.

I wish the bests for all of us. We deserve it...
Hi Sunny and welcome back

I was thinking about you and here you are today! You are a young woman. There is no such thing as being depressed! Stop feeling like this! You have your whole lives ahead of you!

Maybe you will not need to take another medical exam just because Vienna will wrap up your file before that!

Keep your hopes up!

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
europe said:
Tom you are right, Canada is immigrant place, we have to appreciate the freedom ,
Hungary my dear donty listen to peoplewhat they are saying , they dont have another smart work to do than to talk about something, yoyu just bee happy ther more they see you happy the worst will be ,you know expressiion in my coubntry your anamy when see you happy he want to be more strees , and is not happy ,
Nada once you contact MP they will email Vienna in your behavie and asking what is going own with your file , my MP here in Windsor was really Helpful

Tom my friend i am waiting for more baby pictures
Hi Europe! We are ok my dear and we hope you are too!

Here take a look! I wrapped her round with the Greek Flag on October 28th due to our National Holiday celebrating Greece's resistance to Fascist and Nazi Forces in 1940.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
OH MY GOD what a sweetheart. God bless your baby and you.