01-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Hi Tom,

the form has no specific nr, it only says 'Background information form". There was only one question on it (question 12): List all addresses where you have lived from June 2008 – present, including all travel of more than 1 month.
But it was back in May. Not a word since then.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
messenger said:
Hi there my Magyar friend :)

Which question 12 did they ask you to re submit ? From which form?

Tom
Since he's in background checks, I think is question 12 from IMM5669, where they ask about all addresses where you've lived.

newpal

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-13...Sent and recvd 13.01.14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17.04.2013 Stage 2 AOR
Med's Request
request 05.03.14 sent & recvd 11.03.2014
Med's Done....
First 19.06.2012
Interview........
NOT APPLICABLE :P
Passport Req..
In Process
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Today
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
KKMoe said:
Hi Canhun,

congratulations on your progress! May I ask about your timeline? When did you submit your application? Appearently they started my background check in May when they asked to resubmit question 12. I haven't heard nothing since. Btw I'm Hungarian :) I am definitely considering to play the MP card too.

Have a great day!
Hi Kkmoe,

is there any update regarding your file??

KKMoe

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Hi Newpal,

no, it's been the same since April or so: Application received, Medical results have been received.

newpal

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-13...Sent and recvd 13.01.14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17.04.2013 Stage 2 AOR
Med's Request
request 05.03.14 sent & recvd 11.03.2014
Med's Done....
First 19.06.2012
Interview........
NOT APPLICABLE :P
Passport Req..
In Process
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Today
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
KKMoe said:
Hi Newpal,

no, it's been the same since April or so: Application received, Medical results have been received.
How are you assured that they have started background chek in May

KKMoe

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
newpal said:
How are you assured that they have started background chek in May
I asked them to confirm whether they had received the completed form. They replied back with: Your application in pending background verifications. You will be informed about the further steps after all background checks and the review of your application have been completed.

KKMoe

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
KKMoe said:
I asked them to confirm whether they had received the completed form. They replied back with: Your application in pending background verifications. You will be informed about the further steps after all background checks and the review of your application have been completed.
we actually asked for the GCMS data just to make sure they really did! question is: do I really wanna know? LOL :p

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
so my mom went to a fortuneteller and she told her that her daughter (me) is awaiting a decision and that she (me) will get it in four months. So based on the reliable source :p ;) I'll be asked for my passport in February and since Hungary (and possibly others) has the same timeline as me, maybe we can all go to Vancity by the end of March. Let's see what happens ;)

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
BC2013 said:
Tom - this is certainly no inside view, just a mere observation on what is available on this forum.
On April 30, 2012, both Berlin and Belgrade VOs were closed and files subsequently transferred to Vienna. This must have caused a huge delay in processing, because the open files from all three VOs now had to be sorted as if they had arrived at Vienna from the start (this is in accordance with OP-manual 1 - section file transfer).

Before this happened, Vienna was pretty fast - there was a FSW1 MI-3 applicant (without job offer), who was issued a visa within less then 6 months (since intake at CIO Sydney/NS) by Vienna VO. If you look at the family class until early 2012, processing times were rather short, too. Then processing slowed down tremendously according to your Fam-spreadsheet, and was virtually nonexistend in economic classes.

This leads to my assumption, that they reorganized themselves since may 2012, and have now a huge Vienna-specific backlog to deal with in addition to the regular CIC-backlog.
BC2013,

You mentioned transferring of files from other VOs and I wanted to share my experience with our application and hopefully get some advice on this matter, as my husband and I are getting pretty desperate at this point. Our sponsor approval was done on July 23rd 2012, but application was sent to the wrong VO (through no fault of ours, Mississauga CIC did this). I intervened, called CIC twice, they ignored me, assured me that "there must be a reason why your file is transferred to London, so please wait for London VO to contact you."
Unfortunately, London office does not send AORs when they receive files, only when they open them, which happened 4 months later. I explained to them too that our file belonged in Vienna, but they did nothing, we had to wait. After that, they said file was being transferred and not to contact Vienna for at least 8 weeks. It turned out to be 4 full months before we received an e-mail from Vienna (March 13th, 2013) that they finally had our file.

Our original AOR from London was Agust 2, 2012.
OP1 CIC manual clearly states the following:

OP 1 Procedures /5.19. File transfer
"For assessment purposes, visa offices receiving a transferred file must respect the original date on which the application was received as the “lock-in” date. For processing purposes, all processing steps for the files transferred to an office, including the scheduling of interviews,should be the same as for all other applications received in the office on the date corresponding to the “lock-in” date of the received file. This means that an application that is received in Paris in July 2002 and transferred to New Delhi in March 2003, would enter the New Delhi queue as of July 2002.”

According to this, it has been 14 1/2 months since original AOR date (LOCK-IN DATE), August 2, 2012 and we were supposed to be in process a while ago, but each time we send a Case specific inquiry, we are either ignored or we get the same repetitive response which indicates ""Please be informed that your application is in the queue for the review by an officer; Please also note that your file was transferred in March 2013 to our office. Applications for permanent residence in the Family class (spouses) - category may take 12 months or more to process."

Our local MP was no help at all, they just copied and pasted what Vienna said and told me to contact them in March 2014 if nothing happens by then and they will get an update.

My question to anyone who can shed any light at all would be - What do we do to bring this mistake to their attention??? Honestly, we cannot afford any more of CIC's mistakes. I just don't understand how nobody takes responsibility for things like this. All we are asking for is to be treated in accordance with procedures and to be put in the queue for August 2012 AOR, but it is like talking into deaf ears.

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks to everyone who reads it, even if they cannot give any advice at the moment.

I wish all of you the best of luck and hope nobody has to go through these frustrations and problems with CIC and VOs like we have been going through. :(

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
WYWH said:
BC2013,

You mentioned transferring of files from other VOs and I wanted to share my experience with our application and hopefully get some advice on this matter, as my husband and I are getting pretty desperate at this point. Our sponsor approval was done on July 23rd 2012, but application was sent to the wrong VO (through no fault of ours, Mississauga CIC did this). I intervened, called CIC twice, they ignored me, assured me that "there must be a reason why your file is transferred to London, so please wait for London VO to contact you."
Unfortunately, London office does not send AORs when they receive files, only when they open them, which happened 4 months later. I explained to them too that our file belonged in Vienna, but they did nothing, we had to wait. After that, they said file was being transferred and not to contact Vienna for at least 8 weeks. It turned out to be 4 full months before we received an e-mail from Vienna (March 13th, 2013) that they finally had our file.

"For assessment purposes, visa offices receiving a transferred file must respect the original date on which the application was received as the “lock-in” date. For processing purposes, all processing steps for the files transferred to an office, including the scheduling of interviews,should be the same as for all other applications received in the office on the date corresponding to the “lock-in” date of the received file. This means that an application that is received in Paris in July 2002 and transferred to New Delhi in March 2003, would enter the New Delhi queue as of July 2002.”

According to this, it has been 14 1/2 months since original AOR date (LOCK-IN DATE), August 9, 2012 and we were supposed to be in process a while ago, but each time we send a Case specific inquiry, we are either ignored or we get the same repetitive response which indicates ""Please be informed that your application is in the queue for the review by an officer; Please also note that your file was transferred in March 2013 to our office. Applications for permanent residence in the Family class (spouses) - category may take 12 months or more to process."

Our local MP was no help at all, they just copied and pasted what Vienna said and told me to contact them in March 2014 if nothing happens by then and they will get an update.

My question to anyone who can shed any light at all would be - What do we do to bring this mistake to their attention??? Honestly, we cannot afford any more of CIC's mistakes. I just don't understand how nobody takes responsibility for things like this. All we are asking for is to be treated in accordance with procedures and to be put in the queue for August 2012 AOR, but it is like talking into deaf ears.

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks to everyone who reads it, even if they cannot give any advice at the moment.

I wish all of you the best of luck and hope nobody has to go through these frustrations and problems with CIC and VOs like we have been going through. :(
Hi there. i am so sorry for your bad fortune and the huge delay. Vienna notoriously has done it again!
Although I do not live in Canada, and as you said you have already contacted your MP with not much of a help, I would recommend to you to write straight to the Minister On Citizenship and Immigration Canada at : minister@cic.gc.ca

Pursuit it this way!

Tom

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
WYWH said:
BC2013,

According to this, it has been 14 1/2 months since original AOR date (LOCK-IN DATE), August 9, 2012 and we were supposed to be in process a while ago, but each time we send a Case specific inquiry, we are either ignored or we get the same repetitive response which indicates ""Please be informed that your application is in the queue for the review by an officer; Please also note that your file was transferred in March 2013 to our office. Applications for permanent residence in the Family class (spouses) - category may take 12 months or more to process."

OMG, this is terrible, I can only imagine how frustrated you both are. As if the "normal processing" time isn't long enough. And no one wants to take responsibility for this or even show that they care to rectify the situation. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Hi Tom,

I just did that about a couple of hours ago. I wrote a letter to the Honorable Chris Alexander, the Minister, received an automated reply that says I will receive a response within 10 to 30 working days. Let's see what that does. Thanks for your suggestion, if anything else springs to mind, please share with me. I appreciate it. :)

Hello Nada,

Yes, it seems anything is possible, I have mentioned it in my letter to the Minister that it is outrageous how poorly Canadian citizens are treated and left to suffer while separated from their loved ones. I have not seen my husband in 15 months now (don't want to think how much longer it will be as I cannot go to visit due to financial and other reasons and he cannot get a TRV - or we may just try again, nothing to lose now ... )

Thank you both for your kind words, it means a lot when one is desperate like this. :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
WYWH said:
Hi Tom,

I just did that about a couple of hours ago. I wrote a letter to the Honorable Chris Alexander, the Minister, received an automated reply that says I will receive a response within 10 to 30 working days. Let's see what that does. Thanks for your suggestion, if anything else springs to mind, please share with me. I appreciate it. :)

Hello Nada,

Yes, it seems anything is possible, I have mentioned it in my letter to the Minister that it is outrageous how poorly Canadian citizens are treated and left to suffer while separated from their loved ones. I have not seen my husband in 15 months now (don't want to think how much longer it will be as I cannot go to visit due to financial and other reasons and he cannot get a TRV - or we may just try again, nothing to lose now ... )

Thank you both for your kind words, it means a lot when one is desperate like this. :)
Yours is the worst case scenario that everyone here never wished for. It is very unfortunate that this happened to you! You cannot change reality now but you must take action. And by writing to the Minister was the first step!
Our thoughts are with you! Let us know how it goes

Tom

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
WYWH said:
Hello Nada,

Dear WYWH,
I can totally relate although my timeline is a little bit shorter. How do they expect us to maintain our relationships when they don't even allow our spouses to come for a visit. The worst part is , our lives are in someone elses hands and we have no control over it.
Hang in there and stay positive. I hope you will hear something soon.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
WYWH said:
BC2013,

According to this, it has been 14 1/2 months since original AOR date (LOCK-IN DATE), August 2, 2012 and we were supposed to be in process a while ago, but each time we send a Case specific inquiry, we are either ignored or we get the same repetitive response which indicates ""Please be informed that your application is in the queue for the review by an officer; Please also note that your file was transferred in March 2013 to our office. Applications for permanent residence in the Family class (spouses) - category may take 12 months or more to process."

This sounds terrible.

Although OP1 states clearly, what should happen when a file is transferred, I was always wondering, if the VOs actually work this way.
I think, there are only three possible ways to deal with this (apart from just waiting):
- contact Vienna and ask, if there is possibly a mistake (due to OP1) - there probably will not be an answer, though
- contact your local MP, point out what is stated in OP1 and ask, if he can get in tough with Vienna again
- contact the Minister

As you already did the latter, wait for a reaction - good luck!