Passport Req..
never requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 28,2013
LANDED..........
April 14, 2013
Ohh. did your status change on E-CAS???
kfair001 said:
Received communication!!! July 30th Applicant. Received an e-mail stating that they expect to finalize my husband's application without a personal interview!!!
:D

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
Line said:
Wow....that is awesome. Congrats :p That gives me hope that maybe I am close.
Thank you!!! I'm sure you won't be too far behind!

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
Line said:
Ohh. did your status change on E-CAS???

Haha Nope! Still says application received and medicals received. lol

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORT COPIES

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

 COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

 Please provide details/information/proof/plans as to your intent to permanently reside in Canada

What kind of "details/information/proof/plans" do they need? Any incite would be great. :)

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
kfair001 said:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

 COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

 Please provide details/information/proof/plans as to your intent to permanently reside in Canada

What kind of "details/information/proof/plans" do they need? Any incite would be great. :)
I am curious. Who received that email? The sponsor or the applicant?

It would be interesting to hear what people with experience had to say regarding that question ("provide details/information/proof/plans as to your intent to permanently reside in Canada").

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
kfair001 said:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX:

Btw, congrats! you guys seem to be getting closer!!!

*Siren*

Jan 29, 2013
Windsor, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2014
LANDED..........
07-06-2014
Hi! I'm new here. I will be getting married to a U.S. citizen on Monday and going the the sponsorship application process immediately after.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Welcome Siren!! Congrats on the wedding! Just let us know if you have any questions and we'll try to assist~

Canada US

Jan 30, 2013
Hi, Can someone help me answer this question. I am sponsoring my US common-law husband. I understand that we need to show that we have co-habited for 12 months to be considered common-law. My husband came to "visit" me and stayed for 2 to 3 months at a time, then returned to his US residence for a few days and then came back. He has been doing this for over a year now. He drives across the border and has never been given any restrictions on time he is allowed to be here. Do you folks agree that this would be considered common-law? I was unable to visit him for long period of time in the US as I have a daughter in school here and also her father will not allow me to bring her to the US. any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kfair001 said:

If you are living abroad, they need to be convinced that the sponsor (and by extension applicant) intend to live in Canada. You can send in any information you may have (e.g., job offers, housing arrangements) and descriptions of your plans (e.g., timelines, description of arrangements)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada US said:
Hi, Can someone help me answer this question. I am sponsoring my US common-law husband. I understand that we need to show that we have co-habited for 12 months to be considered common-law. My husband came to "visit" me and stayed for 2 to 3 months at a time, then returned to his US residence for a few days and then came back. He has been doing this for over a year now. He drives across the border and has never been given any restrictions on time he is allowed to be here. Do you folks agree that this would be considered common-law? I was unable to visit him for long period of time in the US as I have a daughter in school here and also her father will not allow me to bring her to the US. any advice would be appreciated. thank you.
Welcome!

You need to be able to prove that you have lived together for at least 12 months with short absences. His immigration status doesn't matter (ie, it's fine if he was a visitor) as long as you can show you've been living together in a 'marriage-like' relationship.

Take a look at my posts at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-advice-from-people-who-have-done-this-journey-before-t112120.0.html to get a sense of what they will be evaluating.

Good luck :)

Canada US

Jan 30, 2013
Hi, I am not allowed to post links but I am replying to OCanadiana response.

Are these acceptable:
- bell invoice addressed to both of us
- my common-law husband receiving mail at my address
- we have an account with a merchant with both names on it.
- we have done some travelling together (trips)
- I have added him as beneficiary for my RRSP
- we have a joint bank account together

He does not have any paperwork when crossing the border. he has never been given anything (no visitor record or anything). He continues to do this to this day. Going back and forth. I have been pretty much supporting all of us financially so that he can spend more time with us.

thank you so much for your help.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Canada US said:
Hi, I am not allowed to post links but I am replying to OCanadiana response.

Are these acceptable:
- bell invoice addressed to both of us
- my common-law husband receiving mail at my address
- we have an account with a merchant with both names on it.
- we have done some travelling together (trips)
- I have added him as beneficiary for my RRSP
- we have a joint bank account together

He does not have any paperwork when crossing the border. he has never been given anything (no visitor record or anything). He continues to do this to this day. Going back and forth. I have been pretty much supporting all of us financially so that he can spend more time with us.

thank you so much for your help.
You won't be able to post links or add a timeline to your profile until you have 10 posts. It's an anti-spam measure by the forum operators.

The things you listed are all good evidence that you have mingled your affairs, yes. You may wish to ask for his CBSA and CBP records (from Canada and the US respectively) showing his crossings.

Were you planning on filing for inland out outland sponsorship?

Canada US

Jan 30, 2013
thanks. I am planning on applying outland. OK. How do I go about asking for his CBSA and CBP records? Does that take a long time to receive?

Also, is it OK if he continues to go back and forth while our outland application is on-going? I don't want him to get in trouble ....

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Canada US said:
Use any proof to convice CIC that his primary residence is the same as yours. Legally, perhaps under his visitor status is difficult to obtain documentation, but joint bank accounts in Canada may work as well as any type of memberships in Canada he may have (gym, club, etc).