+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical for Dependent after ITA - What Type??

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have created a thread asking for particular information for all medicals - those who have passed, failed, got PPR, or just waiting... and specific info for each person...
Please fill in data to see if we can find any particular trend:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medicals-those-who-have-ppr-vs-rejected-details-and-type-category-t345813.0.html

Thread titile "Medicals- those who have PPR vs rejected details and type category"

Thanks

konosan

Aug 20, 2015
toronto_engg said:
I got a new medical.done for pr purpose only..
Did you find any differences between this new medical for pr purpose only and the previous one that led to the cancellation?

toronto_engg

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2015
AOR Received.
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
You are misunderstanding.. i meant that the medical which was rejected was a fresh one and not one i used for any other application.

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
toronto_engg said:
You are misunderstanding.. i meant that the medical which was rejected was a fresh one and not one i used for any other application.

Hello,

any body has done medical tests up-front under CEC Category?

for me and spouse: Non-EDE/worker
is that will be accepted by CIC and do u have some idea?

Thanks

konosan

Aug 20, 2015
EFK said:
Hi all,

I have created a thread asking for particular information for all medicals - those who have passed, failed, got PPR, or just waiting... and specific info for each person...
Please fill in data to see if we can find any particular trend:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medicals-those-who-have-ppr-vs-rejected-details-and-type-category-t345813.0.html

Thread titile "Medicals- those who have PPR vs rejected details and type category"

Thanks
I put my analysis at www canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html;msg4580863#msg4580863. I hope this can offer some clues.

kettysem

Apr 16, 2015
konosan said:
I put my analysis at www canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html;msg4580863#msg4580863. I hope this can offer some clues.
Yes, I agree with you, in the letter of rejection it was said "Invalid medical as medical has been assessed for Temporary residence only", which doesn't mean medical exam was done for Temp residence. It means that it was assessed for temp residence (also meant as evaluated). So it turns out that it might not matter what category a medical exam was done under, but how they will assess it. Just my point of view.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kettysem said:
Yes, I agree with you, in the letter of rejection it was said "Invalid medical as medical has been assessed for Temporary residence only", which doesn't mean medical exam was done for Temp residence. It means that it was assessed for temp residence (also meant as evaluated). So it turns out that it might not matter what category a medical exam was done under, but how they will assess it. Just my point of view.
Totally agree. The mistake was made by CIC's own medical officers, who "assess" the results of tests sent them by panel physicians. A very few of them, seeing "Worker", which used to mean "temporary worker", and ignoring the non-EDE, which would only be true for PRs, limited their assessment to temporary resident status and returned the file to the VO, who then rejected the applicant.

Since all the right medical tests were performed in every case, the logical thing to do would be to return the medical file to the assessing officer at CIC and tell them to assess it for permanent resident. Instead, applicants are paying for a mistake made by CIC's own personnel, which is totally out of the control of the applicant, and which is probably the result of very unclear instructions on the part of CIC.

Why all this silly non-EDE, Worker, Family, etc? Why not just PERMANENT RESIDENT - EE, PERMANENT RESIDENT - FAMILY, and TEMPORARY RESIDENT? Why not clearly tell their own medical officers HOW to assess each application?

If mine had been rejected on these grounds and I was inside Canada, I would contact the press or a lawyer. If I were outside, I'd go to the Canadian Embassy to complain. Of course, I would file a CSE as well.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found the below:

A medical assessment is interchangeable and can be used for other immigration categories, unless the medical officer imposed one of the following limitations on the assessment:
The most commonly used limitations are:

1 - “Assessed as excessive demand exempt only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies under an immigration category that is no longer excessive demand exempt (e.g. the foreign national applied as sponsored spouse (FC-1) and now applies as Federal Skilled Worker)

2 - “Assessed as Temporary Resident only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies for permanent resident status or extend his or her stay in Canada.

From what I saw for Toronto_engg, it seems that the second limitation has been imposed (incorrectly somehow). Is there any possibility at all that an older test for your temporary resident was sent? Or any such mix-up from anywhere? Either the doctors or CIC?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp

lovesumi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read all the discussions, still not clear.
Category : FSW (Outside Canada)

So is it
a) Primary Applicant : NON-EDE/Worker
b) Spouse : NON-EDE/Family

or is it something else?

shqkrkwk

Aug 1, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
The response I got from the physician (in Montreal) is
They keep it Family-EDE for fall the PR applicants
Worker for people who apply for a work permit
Visitor of people applying for TEmporary resident Visa
student for who applying for a student permit

I am not sure thought whether the tests I have gone through is appropriate or inappropriate!!!
I still haven't heard anything about my medical tests.
Can I ask where did you take medical test in Montreal.
Actually I am in Montreal too.
Please let me know name of medical centre.
Thank you

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Did medical today for myself and wife in Edmonton at Dominion Medical Center.
Doctor selected EDE/Family EDE for both of us. I asked her whether it should be EDE or non-EDE she said do not worry about it, this is the one she has been doing for all EE applicants.

I was just checking my spouse's medical request form which she got 2 years before for her SOWP application in home country and I see IME type is NON-EDE.

shqkrkwk

Aug 1, 2015
About medical test issue.
I think ...

Most of us do Upfront medical test.
However before EE applicants for PR did medical test with medical test request form when CIC ask medical test.
Now in EE system people take upfront medical test and there is not category for PR.
So doctor choose just one of them; Worker or Family.

And when some CIC officer see the category(Worker) in medical test result they think that it is for only temporary worker and reject(cancel) the application even though those tests are same for PR, Worker, Family..

I don't know but I just guess......

sanybhai

Feb 21, 2014
Hello Experts:

Please advise on my concern.
Me and my wife both did upfront medical exam.

My one was Non-EDE worker
and my wife's one was EDE-family.

My concern is that she was only given 501 and 502 test whereas I was tested for 501, 502, 707, 712.
I did my testing in Calgary and she did her tests back home.

I am worried about the fact that the panel didnt test her for 702 and 712. Please advise.