+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical for Dependent after ITA - What Type??

Kiki10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-09-2015
Hi,

I just done medical today- Calgary

Main applicant non-EDE/Worker
Spouse non-EDE/Worker
2 kids under 5- both non-EDE/Worker

I asked her number of times is this correct and should family or visitor be used for kids and the lady at reception told me that is what CIC told them to use!!!!! And this is what they had been using for all PR applicants!!!!!

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shqkrkwk said:
Can I ask where did you take medical test in Montreal.
Actually I am in Montreal too.
Please let me know name of medical centre.
Thank you
Myriam Abikhzer, 5950 cote des neiges, suite 350

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
sanybhai said:
Hello Experts:

Please advise on my concern.
Me and my wife both did upfront medical exam.

My one was Non-EDE worker
and my wife's one was EDE-family.

My concern is that she was only given 501 and 502 test whereas I was tested for 501, 502, 707, 712.
I did my testing in Calgary and she did her tests back home.

I am worried about the fact that the panel didnt test her for 702 and 712. Please advise.
This could be a problem actually!

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Phil89 said:
This could be a problem actually!
This is very unfortunate that CIC rejects application on the basis of NON-EDE thing. Why don't they instruct the physicians to select EDE for EE PR applicants and they should at-least give a chance to applicants for re-medical if their previous medical was in wrong category.

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiki10 said:
Hi,

Spouse non-EDE/Worker

I asked her number of times is this correct and should family or visitor be used for kids and the lady at reception told me that is what CIC told them to use!!!!! And this is what they had been using for all PR applicants!!!!!

Hi,

It was same for me,my spouse and my kid- non-EDE/Worker.
Its been month my medical shows passed.

Kiki10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-09-2015
Hi,

Uploading my medicals- do I need to include the consent letter or just the main information page?

Thanks

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello,
Wife , kids (under 5) and myself got medicals done for work permit in December 2014 in India. When we went to a clinic in Vancouver for PR medicals, they said our records are there in the system and said it should be good for PR app as well and gave us print out proofs of the tests we had last year.
It is Non EDE / Worker for myself and Non EDE / Visitor for wife and kids. (Wife is on an open workpermit and myself on a LMIA work permit). Codes that show complete are 501, 502, 707 and 712.

Questions -
1. Non EDE / Worker for myself and Non EDE / Visitor for wife and kids - is these grouping ok?
2. Codes that show complete are 501, 502, 707 and 712 - are these codes ok?
3. Our medicals done last year for work permit. Can we use it for PR (clinic said we can reuse it, and they cannot do a test when there is a valid record in their system)?

toronto_engg

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2015
AOR Received.
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
Hi all
So i contacted my doctor and then he contacted cic person. Cic medical official reassessed me medical for PR and asked me to contact office which sent me cancellation letter.
But there is no address on that letter. Also my application status shows cancelled.
I applied again and got invite agai. Should i use the same medical which is now reassessed for pr with my new application?

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiki10 said:
Hi,

Spouse non-EDE/Worker

Thats what they told me too .... :)
It will be fine.. dont worry.. fingers crossed...

konosan

Aug 20, 2015
se7en said:
This is very unfortunate that CIC rejects application on the basis of NON-EDE thing. Why don't they instruct the physicians to select EDE for EE PR applicants and they should at-least give a chance to applicants for re-medical if their previous medical was in wrong category.
Who said EDE should be chosen for EE?? There hasn't been a definite answer.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
konosan said:
Who said EDE should be chosen for EE?? There hasn't been a definite answer.

Lots of people got approved with NON-EDE worker.. So it does not make any sense.. lets see anyway. Unfortunately Its up to the officer who is looking into your case..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
In my opinion, NON-EDE is the correct category. It is more strict than its EDE counterpart.

The problem is not with the doctors or us. The problems is with the inexperienced newbie medical staff at CIC. The moment they see "Worker", they think it is temporary worker and recommend the VO to refuse the application. What a shame!

So, unless you are extremely unlucky, this rejection will not happen in your case.

Lets just hope that we don't get rejected for the mistakes that is completely beyond our control.

All the best to everyone trying to immigrate :) . Good luck!!

shqkrkwk

Aug 1, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
In my opinion, NON-EDE is the correct category. It is more strict than its EDE counterpart.

The problem is not with the doctors or us. The problems is with the inexperienced newbie medical staff at CIC. The moment they see "Worker", they think it is temporary worker and recommend the VO to refuse the application. What a shame!

So, unless you are extremely unlucky, this rejection will not happen in your case.

Lets just hope that we don't get rejected for the mistakes that is completely beyond our control.

All the best to everyone trying to immigrate :) . Good luck!!
I strongly agree with you..