+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
also, I got it approved for a year so....dont be afraid of asking for more than 6 months since its spouse....also....does anyone know if i must buy a return ticket too?
There are reports of being denied boarding by certain airlines. In this day and age it seems silly. But they use IATA rules which state that some countries do require onward tickets for visitors, thus they don't want you to be their problem. So just get a return ticket that is refundable and cancel it on arrival.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, file and app # are the same.

You don't need to write a big explanation, I believe this is for more specific ATIP requests.

Main advice: make sure that you include the form where she gives you power to ask for her, and/or rep for her. They are very specific about this.
Thanks armoured. Got it sent off, consent and all. I have no idea how long it takes to get the notes these days, so a new waiting game to get into.

Reactions: armoured

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thank you! What is SA? and do AOR and SA come via email only?
SA = Sponsorship Approval
And yes, usually speaking and the trend seen in the past 4 weeks, SAs happen to be arriving 2-3 days within the arrival of AOR. Check timelines of Jan, Feb and Mar applicants.

Canada future

Jun 21, 2023
What can you say about this?
I applied my husband OWP and my child STUDENT VISA.

here the Story

Their passports were forwarded to Canadian Embassy Manila from VFS GLOBAL but then the Canadian Embassy returned back the passport and they requested both to do a medical again last April 18, 2023 because their first medical will expire last May 2, 2023. So they both compiled and they passed ,received the medical by IRCC last May 4, 2023.

We have been checking the portals regularly and it's the same update which is medical passed. Until we found last June 15, 2023 that the status update turned to Final decision- May 13, 2023, Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalized your application.Check your messages below for detail and we don't receive PPR. I emailed the VFS manila but they said . "but a few days ago it was only showing May 4, 2023 Medical Passed.

Now , the IRCC PORTAL shows that his open work permit application and daughter's study permit application were approved.

We would like to know as well if the approval date is really May 13, 2023 or it is June 13 ,2023 because from May 4 up to a couple of days back it was only showing MAY 4 -medical passed.

Canada future

Jun 21, 2023
We received a passport request last April 12 2023 but. . . . .here is the story

The IRCC PORTAL shows that his open work permit application and daughter's study permit application were approved last May 13, 2023, BUT THERE IS NO PASSPORT REQUEST LETTER. We only have the original passport request letter which was sent last April 2023.
Their passports were forwarded to Canadian Embassy Manila from VFS GLOBAL but then the Canadian Embassy returned back the passport and they requested both to do a medical again last April 18, 2023 because their first medical will expire last May 2, 2023. So they both compiled and they passed ,received the medical by IRCC last May 4, 2023.
We sent a follow up last May 26, 2023 via email to the Canadian Embassy in Manila attaching of the screenshot status of both applications which only shows May 4, 2023 MEDICAL PASSED.Otherwised we wouldn't be sending a follow up on this date if we notice thatthe application was already approved.
We have been checking the portals regularly and it's the same update. We found last June 15, 2023 that the status update turned to Final decision- May 13, 2023, Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalized your application.Check your messages below for detail. "but a few days ago it was only showing May 4, 2023 Medical Passed and we didn't receive PPR letter.

What if I'll send the PPR before (April 2023) and their passport?

Please let us know what to do.

notagoodlawyer

May 30, 2023
OK, give me some ideas on all the documents you used, link to the application site... I'm going to do this.
I applied using the new portal : Sign in (cic.gc.ca)
Just upload all the documents they ask for, its all digital.
In the additional documents I included stuff like, letter of invitation, explanation of dual intent, info connecting to my spousal application, marriage certification, my cad citizenship card etc
For proof of funds i showed my own bank accounts and a job letter showing how much income i make, CRA tax assessment. (I only showed them like $8k so)
for the letter of invitation i followed the websites guidance exactly.
keep everything clear and concise
I selected atleast 6 months. for travel dates i said sept-jan, (but in the purpose of travel letter i asked for more time if possible)
let me know if u have any questions

Reactions: CalgaryNoOne

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What can you say about this?
I applied my husband OWP and my child STUDENT VISA.

here the Story

We have been checking the portals regularly and it's the same update which is medical passed. Until we found last June 15, 2023 that the status update turned to Final decision- May 13, 2023, Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalized your application.Check your messages below for detail and we don't receive PPR. I emailed the VFS manila but they said . "but a few days ago it was only showing May 4, 2023 Medical Passed.

Now , the IRCC PORTAL shows that his open work permit application and daughter's study permit application were approved.

We would like to know as well if the approval date is really May 13, 2023 or it is June 13 ,2023 because from May 4 up to a couple of days back it was only showing MAY 4 -medical passed.
I'd try submitting under the ppr for the pr status, not the work permit etc.

Ideally embassy would issue you a new ppr and VFS might insist on that, in which case you'd have to contact manila visa office.

April_19th

Jun 16, 2023
Good day everyone.
Am new here and I need your professional advice for spouse sponsorship application.
My wife just got her PR early this month. She is eager to sponsor me as early as possible because am living outside Canada .
Please what are the documents she need to.provide for the application and which documents do I need to provide to support my application, as we are both naive of the process and we don't want to take any chances. I will appreciate if anyone can help me out or refer me to any previous post which I can read for proper understanding
Thanks you all.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I applied using the new portal : Sign in (cic.gc.ca)
Just upload all the documents they ask for, its all digital.
In the additional documents I included stuff like, letter of invitation, explanation of dual intent, info connecting to my spousal application, marriage certification, my cad citizenship card etc
For proof of funds i showed my own bank accounts and a job letter showing how much income i make, CRA tax assessment. (I only showed them like $8k so)
for the letter of invitation i followed the websites guidance exactly.
keep everything clear and concise
I selected atleast 6 months. for travel dates i said sept-jan, (but in the purpose of travel letter i asked for more time if possible)
let me know if u have any questions
Are you able to say if there is some new, simplified for of TRV application for those who have PR applications submitted? As I recall, the standard TRV application asks for a lot of detail that would already be included in the PR application - such as details as to family members, addresses, occupations; the applicant's education and work history, places lived, etc. It seems unnecessary to set that out yet again when it's already included in the PR application.