+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Politren said:
I'm also sure that everything will be in effect before the elections in October. But until October there is enough time.

From the facts of the past bills which cover the same scenario like this one ( Big overhauls and no official confirmation of effective date when we are so close to the anticipated zone) the chances for a small delay are big.

The anticipated delay can be ranging from couple of weeks to 1-3 moths.
Therefore is highly unlikely this law to be in full effect before July.
I believe that in a couple of weeks we will have a much clearer outlook of how the rules will be laid out.

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi everybody,

I'll be eligible to apply for my citizenship under the current rules on May 31st, but since it's a Sunday I don't think my application would make it to the Sydney office before June 3rd.

The application looks pretty straightforward and the supporting documents are not too many, however as soon as I submit my application I would like to start gathering documents in case I get a residence questionnaire. I got a similar requirement to a RQ when I renewed my PR card and it was a pain in the neck and super stressful. I don't want to go through it again and I want to be prepared in case I receive one.

Are you guys doing something similar? Any recommendations in particular as to what/how to prepare for a RQ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
I would wait to see what documents they would ask in case of RQ, because sometimes they would ask for something specific.
They might change the list of the documents in case of an RQ.

That's why I prefer to see exactly what they would want to be provided in a possible RQ scenario.

Welcome to our group ;)

I will apply on June 27th :)

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
LostinCalgary said:
Hi everybody,

I'll be eligible to apply for my citizenship under the current rules on May 31st, but since it's a Sunday I don't think my application would make it to the Sydney office before June 3rd.

The application looks pretty straightforward and the supporting documents are not too many, however as soon as I submit my application I would like to start gathering documents in case I get a residence questionnaire. I got a similar requirement to a RQ when I renewed my PR card and it was a pain in the neck and super stressful. I don't want to go through it again and I want to be prepared in case I receive one.

Are you guys doing something similar? Any recommendations in particular as to what/how to prepare for a RQ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Hello,

I will also be eligible to apply on May 31st. I think that if you have calculated your physical presence days correctly then you shouldn't have any problem. Make sure to included any documents that might help your application or that might authenticate any of the information that you have provided. I won't recommend sending loads of documents however, I believe that including important additional documents won't harm.

I will be including vital documents with my application since I first came to Canada as a student.

Also, make sure to verify all information all the forms before sending it. Photo requirement etc.

Wishing everyone all the BEST.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Ojeola said:
Countdown to June 2015...Any more June applicants on the forum?
About 3weeks to the beginning of June 2015, till no clear information about the implementation..

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Ojeola said:
Countdown to June 2015...Any more June applicants on the forum?
Countdown to June 2015 still ON. Approximately 2 weeks until the end of May. As it all stands now we currently dont have a clear date of implementation yet.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Hello everyone.

Is there any rule to follow as when the payment of the fees has to be done?

Can I make the payment before I accumulate my 1095 days of physical presence or the payment has to be done after the accumulation of the physical presence days?

I will be eligible to apply on 28th and I'm not worried that the cut off date will be May or June. I've started to prepare my application.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Politren said:
Hello everyone.

Is there any rule to follow as when the payment of the fees has to be done?

Can I make the payment before I accumulate my 1095 days of physical presence or the payment has to be done after the accumulation of the physical presence days?

I will be eligible to apply on 28th and I'm not worried that the cut off date will be May or June. I've started to prepare my application.
Currently, the date for the implementation date has NOT been set. With about few weeks to the ending of May, i believe that there is NO WAY the law can be implemented this month. Concerning your question, payment for the application should ONLY be made when you ready to submit your application at least that what I believe.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
I've checked the instruction guide and I didn't find any suggestion as of when the payment should be done, it's indeed interesting question.
Or maybe they don't care when the payment is made.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Politren said:
I've checked the instruction guide and I didn't find any suggestion as of when the payment should be done, it's indeed interesting question.
Or maybe they don't care when the payment is made.
Why do you want to make the payment early for an application that will be submitted on June 28th? FYI rule 4/6 doesn't come with a fee increase so you shouldn't be bothered. Paying the application fee earlier won't change anything if the 4/6 rule comes into effect.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
The new rule doesn't bother me. The chances the new rule to be implemented before July are None.

The problem is that I don't have credit card and meanwhile I will try to pay the fees with a credit card owned by someone else.

I have to find a way to pay because for example today I tried to pay with my Visa Debit card TD but it wasn't working.

On the other hand I know from other people that the IMM 5401 is delivered very slow, so I might miss the chance to pay at the bank with the receipt, because I will be eligible after 5-6 weeks.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Politren said:
The new rule doesn't bother me. The chances the new rule to be implemented before July are None.

The problem is that I don't have credit card and meanwhile I will try to pay the fees with a credit card owned by someone else.

I have to find a way to pay because for example today I tried to pay with my Visa Debit card TD but it wasn't working.

On the other hand I know from other people that the IMM 5401 is delivered very slow, so I might miss the chance to pay at the bank with the receipt, because I will be eligible after 5-6 weeks.
Oh alright. know I understand, I also agree with other that it might take a lot of time for the bank to process your payment in case you paid through them. You can use a friends or relative's credit card just make sure that all the necessary information about the card holder are written correctly before sending your application. Also, the cardholder should inform his/her financial institution that a payment of $.. will go through the account so as to avoid the payment being rejected.