+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I have completed my 1095 Basic requirements on May 5th 2015.
I have traveled for a total of 54 days in the past 3 years since my landing date.
so my physical requirement takes effect on June 28 2015.
I am wondering if I should apply for citizenship before the physical requirement in case the new rule takes effect on June 19?will I get my application rejected in that case?
I am afraid If I wait I might miss the date by 9 days if they decided to implement the new rules on June 19th :(

Any help or feedback from the experts is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Guss

Alias

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hi,

I will be applying in June. I will meet the criteria on June 05th. I am wondering if it will be prudent to add few days as buffer on top of 1095 days. Also don't want to miss the 3/4 eligibility. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
im applying in June too. June 1st i will be completing my physical presence. however i am planning to wait for a week

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Gussj said:
Hi All,
I have completed my 1095 Basic requirements on May 5th 2015.
I have traveled for a total of 54 days in the past 3 years since my landing date.
so my physical requirement takes effect on June 28 2015.
I am wondering if I should apply for citizenship before the physical requirement in case the new rule takes effect on June 19?will I get my application rejected in that case?
I am afraid If I wait I might miss the date by 9 days if they decided to implement the new rules on June 19th :(

Any help or feedback from the experts is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Guss
Applying for citizenship without meeting the physical requirement yet will automatically set your application apart. I will advise against it because it might take you over 2years to go through the whole process of seeing a judge. You application might be rejected or it will be referred to a judge for the final decision about if they will "ACCEPT" you application.

Currently, right now we don not have any definite date of C24 implementation. In my case, I already met the basic requirement since March but I choose to wait until I meet the physical requirement by June 1.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Alias said:
Hi,

I will be applying in June. I will meet the criteria on June 05th. I am wondering if it will be prudent to add few days as buffer on top of 1095 days. Also don't want to miss the 3/4 eligibility. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
If you are 100% sure of the date you entered into the residence calculator then I will advise leaving a grace period of about 2-3 days. Currently, we don not have a date yet about the implementation weather June 19th or July 1.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
dnyfyn said:
im applying in June too. June 1st i will be completing my physical presence. however i am planning to wait for a week
Am eligible on June 1st also. Will be sending my applications some few days after to give myself some extra days.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Applying for citizenship without meeting the physical requirement yet will automatically set your application apart. I will advise against it because it might take you over 2years to go through the whole process of seeing a judge. You application might be rejected or it will be referred to a judge for the final decision about if they will "ACCEPT" you application.

Currently, right now we don not have any definite date of C24 implementation. In my case, I already met the basic requirement since March but I choose to wait until I meet the physical requirement by June 1.
Thanks for you reply and feedback much appreciated.
I guess it's better to take the chance and wait for the physical requirement and hope they don't implement the new rule before June 28. I will eb sending out my application on June 29 if that is the case :)
Thanks again

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Gussj said:
Thanks for you reply and feedback much appreciated.
I guess it's better to take the chance and wait for the physical requirement and hope they don't implement the new rule before June 28. I will eb sending out my application on June 29 if that is the case :)
Thanks again
I will be eligible on June 28th ( My 1096th day of physical presence) and I'm not worried that this law will be enforced before that.

The worst case scenario would be that we, who will be eligible at the end of June will be forced to send our applications without any extra buffer days.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I strongly believe June applicants will be fine. If I were you guys, I would have started preparing my application. It takes longer than you expected. Good luck

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
I will be eligible on June 28th ( My 1096th day of physical presence) and I'm not worried that this law will be enforced before that.

The worst case scenario would be that we, who will be eligible at the end of June will be forced to send our applications without any extra buffer days.
Politren,
Thanks for your reply
I guess we are in the same boat together :)
How come you are not worried about the cut off date? I saw a video saying it will be implemented in the beginning of the summer which is June 21 I am assuming. will try to post it if I find it.
Why do you need extra buffer days? as long as you hit 1095 that's it no need for any buffer in my opinion.
they even measure it by half a day. so if you are clear you are clear.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaazdeh said:
I strongly believe June applicants will be fine. If I were you guys, I would have started preparing my application. It takes longer than you expected. Good luck
SHaazdeh
Why do you think June applications are good to go?
I started looking at the application it is straight forward, don't think it will take much time to finish it, unless I am not aware of something?? what part of the application you think takes longer time ?

Thanks

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
The video you are talking about is very old (From last August and ever since it has been copy pasted and presented as new one) the information from that video is not relevant because it's never been official, (It is recorded from a cell phone)

The new updated information is that 19th is suspended and postponed for the future.

It will not be enforced in June , don't worry.
Gussj said:
Politren,
Thanks for your reply
I guess we are in the same boat together :)
How come you are not worried about the cut off date? I saw a video saying it will be implemented in the beginning of the summer which is June 21 I am assuming. will try to post it if I find it.
Why do you need extra buffer days? as long as you hit 1095 that's it no need for any buffer in my opinion.
they even measure it by half a day. so if you are clear you are clear.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
The video you are talking about is very old (From last August and ever since it has been copy pasted and presented as new one) the information from that video is not relevant because it's never been official, (It is recorded from a cell phone)

The new updated information is that 19th is suspended and postponed for the future.

Politren said:

where did you get that information from ? is it official or only assumption? or inside info? ;)
In any case hope its true. but then again why are you so concerned about the extra buffer days?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
First of all that 19th date have started as a tentative date only and that rumour was spread around like it was the actual date.

But there is a big difference between tentative and official definitive date.

I've conducted a paid research about what have happened in the past where we have similar characteristics like this law, (complexity and unknown actual date for very long period of time) the end results is that procrastination is very likely to be expected.

There are already many reports from people calling the CIC to confirm that this date is suspended and procrastinated. So take it as additional factor because not every call agent is telling stupid things.

Extra buffer of days is important because it decrease the chance to get an RQ sometime along the processing time.
That's why I don't want to send my application without any buffer.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
First of all that 19th date have started as a tentative date only and that rumour was spread around like it was the actual date.

But there is a big difference between tentative and official definitive date.

I've conducted a paid research about what have happened in the past where we have similar characteristics like this law, (complexity and unknown actual date for very long period of time) the end results is that procrastination is very likely to be expected.

There are already many reports from people calling the CIC to confirm that this date is suspended and procrastinated. So take it as additional factor because not every call agent is telling stupid things.

Extra buffer of days is important because it decrease the chance to get an RQ sometime along the processing time.
That's why I don't want to send my application without any buffer.
Thanks for your explanation, that makes sense,
What do you mean by RQ, if you don't mind me asking ?
Thanks