+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
sogood said:
Hello Ojeola,,

My PR Visa was issued Jan 2013 and I landed March 29, 2013. When do you think I can apply? I noticed that your visa was issue march 22 2013 and you are preparing to apply in June. Please advise.

Await your input
Hello Sogood,

If you make use fo the CIC residence calculator, it will provide you will a specific date that you will apply based on your number of absences from Canada. Input all trips made outside Canada with the date that you first arrive Canada & when you got your PR.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Politren said:
Hello June applicants,

I will be eligible to apply on June 27th.

I was a little worried am I going to apply under the new or the old rules, and because of that today I was on a paid consultation with one of the good immigration lawyers.
I asked him what to expect according to his experience in similar language of unknown dates.

His answer was gold.

He said that definitely in similar situations before with huge overhaul of a law connected with establishing technological business channels between big institutions, new training of the staff, new guides, new forms, new authorisations for CIC to take personal info from the people... and words describing anticipated period of practical implementation like "Approx." there have been 99.999% chance of delays for the actual enforcement.

Basically he said that I can expect to apply under the old rules.

So it looks like our June group will be full. Therefore there is still no official date.
So good luck to all of us on this journey
Plz ask him for July, 2015 applicant as well. THANKS

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
David_Parker said:
Plz ask him for July, 2015 applicant as well. THANKS
I think we are all just guessing even including immigration lawyers. The BEST people that do have the real information about the implementation are those that works with the Minister or CIC Management. Hopefully in few weeks we will have the information.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Ojeola said:
Basic requirement or Physical presence requirement?

physical presence requirement, I met my basic requirement on March already but I have 40 days of absences.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
nonoo said:
physical presence requirement, I met my basic requirement on March already but I have 40 days of absences.
Oh alright. I will also meet my physical requirement by June 1. I have about 32 days of absence in total with most of it trips to the United States.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
sogood said:
Hello Ojeola,,

My PR Visa was issued Jan 2013 and I landed March 29, 2013. When do you think I can apply? I noticed that your visa was issue march 22 2013 and you are preparing to apply in June. Please advise.

Await your input
If you first landed in Canada on March 29, 2013 then you have to wait long time(around 2 more years).New rule will be implemented by that time for sure. Ojeola came to Canada in 2010 as student.

The date PR visa was issued is irrelevant.Only the date you landed will count as PR.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Martin29 said:
If you first landed in Canada on March 29, 2013 then you have to wait long time(around 2 more years).New rule will be implemented by that time for sure. Ojeola came to Canada in 2010 as student.

The date PR visa was issued is irrelevant.Only the date you landed will count as PR.
Great point @Martin29. I think that might be the main reason for the eligibility dates differences.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
Hello June applicants,

I will be eligible to apply on June 27th.

I was a little worried am I going to apply under the new or the old rules, and because of that today I was on a paid consultation with one of the good immigration lawyers.
I asked him what to expect according to his experience in similar language of unknown dates.

His answer was gold.

He said that definitely in similar situations before with huge overhaul of a law connected with establishing technological business channels between big institutions, new training of the staff, new guides, new forms, new authorisations for CIC to take personal info from the people... and words describing anticipated period of practical implementation like "Approx." there have been 99.999% chance of delays for the actual enforcement.

Basically he said that I can expect to apply under the old rules.

So it looks like our June group will be full. Therefore there is still no official date.
So good luck to all of us on this journey
If I were you guys, I wouldn't waste any money on lawyers for such a simple application. There have been many cases that lawyers screw ups and the client was better off to take care of his application himself. After all, NO ONE takes better care of your application than YOURSELF!

Of course the lawyer says something that you like to hear! If he says you have no chance, he loses your business. It is simple guys. Just wait till you qualify (even with 1095 days, I applied with 1096), and if the new rule is not in effect by then, apply right away, send your application with a reliable courier, like overnight FedEx. Have all the forms ready from now, double check all the forms 10 times to make sure you don't miss anything, ask your friend to go over them for you as well. Honestly, save your money, you don't need a lawyer.

The worst case scenario is that you have to wait a bit more, it won't be the end of the world (even though I understand it is super inconvenient). I hope you guys all can apply under old rule.

Best of Luck.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Hello everyone
The reason I went to that consultation was to see what have happened in the past where a similar scenarios have occurred, with other similar Bills.
I requested information what have happened in the past where we have similar factors like: Vague statement after Royal A. when a law will be effective as a tentative date and the actual date.

The end results were that if the law include a big changes and no official date have been published at the beginning, the chances for a delays are very big. Here the situation with that Bill is the same, hence a delay of the actual enforcement can be anticipated.

The Layer provide a significant amount of other bills with similar characteristics like the current situation he didn't know my date of eligibility. I was there only to get the information which I described above.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
OP_POP said:
If I were you guys, I wouldn't waste any money on lawyers for such a simple application. There have been many cases that lawyers screw ups and the client was better off to take care of his application himself. After all, NO ONE takes better care of your application than YOURSELF!

Of course the lawyer says something that you like to hear! If he says you have no chance, he loses your business. It is simple guys. Just wait till you qualify (even with 1095 days, I applied with 1096), and if the new rule is not in effect by then, apply right away, send your application with a reliable courier, like overnight FedEx. Have all the forms ready from now, double check all the forms 10 times to make sure you don't miss anything, ask your friend to go over them for you as well. Honestly, save your money, you don't need a lawyer.

The worst case scenario is that you have to wait a bit more, it won't be the end of the world (even though I understand it is super inconvenient). I hope you guys all can apply under old rule.

Best of Luck.
Great point and contribution. I can see from your timeline that your are already in the process of getting your Citizhenship. I quite agree with you that we dont have to consult immigration lawyers for sometjhing like the above scenario however i believe that there can be some situation where such lawyers might be needed.

I belive that @Politren only went to ask questions and nothing more so I won't discourage that. I believe that the only set of people with a reliable information on the bill will be the Minister and CIC managements.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks information about the bill will be available to the public.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Politren said:
Hello everyone
The reason I went to that consultation was to see what have happened in the past where a similar scenarios have occurred, with other similar Bills.
I requested information what have happened in the past where we have similar factors like: Vague statement after Royal A. when a law will be effective as a tentative date and the actual date.

The end results were that if the law include a big changes and no official date have been published at the beginning, the chances for a delays are very big. Here the situation with that Bill is the same, hence a delay of the actual enforcement can be anticipated.

The Layer provide a significant amount of other bills with similar characteristics like the current situation he didn't know my date of eligibility. I was there only to get the information which I described above.
Hopefully in a couple of weeks some news about the implementation will be made public.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
Hello everyone

I'm sure the Government want this law to be implemented before elections, so no matter what happens it will take effect immediately.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Great point and contribution. I can see from your timeline that your are already in the process of getting your Citizhenship. I quite agree with you that we dont have to consult immigration lawyers for sometjhing like the above scenario however i believe that there can be some situation where such lawyers might be needed.

I belive that @ Politren only went to ask questions and nothing more so I won't discourage that. I believe that the only set of people with a reliable information on the bill will be the Minister and CIC managements.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks information about the bill will be available to the public.
Absolutely. I would say if you end up going to court to see a judge, for sure get a good lawyer. But you don't need it for initial application for citizenship.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
neutral said:
I'm sure the Government want this law to be implemented before elections, so no matter what happens it will take effect immediately.
That very true. The 1year grace period ends on June 19th. Since some of the rules are already in effect I believe that other rules will be implemented very soon.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
I'm also sure that everything will be in effect before the elections in October. But until October there is enough time.

From the facts of the past bills which cover the same scenario like this one ( Big overhauls and no official confirmation of effective date when we are so close to the anticipated zone) the chances for a small delay are big.

The anticipated delay can be ranging from couple of weeks to 1-3 moths.
Therefore is highly unlikely this law to be in full effect before July.