+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Scotmoose said:
I just honestly never envisioned that I would have to wait this long :( we seem to have been completely forgotten about. There's just no indication about when we will hear anything. Could be another 6 months with the way things seem to be going. I've even considered just pulling my application and applying inland.
hila01 said:
I do feel for those whose applications are taking longer than necessary to finalise. I am also expecting my wife's application to be finalised by LVO. Are you implying that there are slow "straightforward" applications and fast "straightforward" applications in terms of processing time? This could be due partly to the immigration officer handling those applications, in addition to other factors.
If it's been a year it's worth getting your MP involved as you are well above timescales at this point.

The waiting game is frustrating, but as we've said a zillion times, other classes can take way longer (Express Entry is a bit of an exception these days but so few people actually get the very high number of points that allow for things like 3 month processing!)... and most other streams require way more work as well.

It's frustrating and annoying and you want to rip out your hair out... but once you have your COPR in your hand you can put it all behind you. :)

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
SchnookoLoly said:
If it's been a year it's worth getting your MP involved as you are well above timescales at this point.

The waiting game is frustrating, but as we've said a zillion times, other classes can take way longer (Express Entry is a bit of an exception these days but so few people actually get the very high number of points that allow for things like 3 month processing!)... and most other streams require way more work as well.

It's frustrating and annoying and you want to rip out your hair out... but once you have your COPR in your hand you can put it all behind you. :)
MPs are just completely useless and don't seem to give any information past what's in your notes. I honestly think with the new processing times for London they're not even trying to work to the previous 11 months quoted. That and the fact they just seem to be concentrating on Islamabad applications now.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Scotmoose said:
MPs are just completely useless and don't seem to give any information past what's in your notes. I honestly think with the new processing times for London they're not even trying to work to the previous 11 months quoted. That and the fact they just seem to be concentrating on Islamabad applications now.
I respectfully disagree with this. Lots of people have been able to get better answers or kick-starts with their applications by getting their MPs involved. It's possible the MP for your riding is duff, but others have had great luck. If you're only coming up on a year then your MP may have been stonewalled, but now that you're at nearly one year, I'd imagine you are going to have more luck with looking into it, particularly if your MP has been involved in the past.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
My MP is never in the office, however he does have two people working for him . I have seen both on occasion and the one is really good and the other is just a waste of space. I am going to call and set up an appointment for the one i like and hopefully she will kick start this process.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
SchnookoLoly said:

I'm sure most of us agree with the sentiment... but just need a good old rant once in a while! Thank you for tolerating us ;)

jonnylad

Aug 5, 2013
Wow, so I've been reading back over the last 5 pages of posts on this thread and I feel like I want to cry/get some answers.

I sent my application to the CPC in Mississauga 1 month ago and have had no correspondence since, however the package was signed for at the facility. This is normal right?

Secondly, I think I am reading this correctly but my shock is getting in the way of it sinking in. Are they still processing some applications in Mississauga entirely? And if my application is sent to London for the approval of me (the principal applicant) am I looking at a huge waiting time because of the Islamabad overspill.

Someone please confirm this for me as I feel like the shock of all this isn't allowing me to absorb it quick enough.

Thank you

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
jonnylad said:
Wow, so I've been reading back over the last 5 pages of posts on this thread and I feel like I want to cry/get some answers.

I sent my application to the CPC in Mississauga 1 month ago and have had no correspondence since, however the package was signed for at the facility. This is normal right?

Secondly, I think I am reading this correctly but my shock is getting in the way of it sinking in. Are they still processing some applications in Mississauga entirely? And if my application is sent to London for the approval of me (the principal applicant) am I looking at a huge waiting time because of the Islamabad overspill.

Someone please confirm this for me as I feel like the shock of all this isn't allowing me to absorb it quick enough.

Thank you
Thats normal to not hear anything from Mississauga until you get SA. Some people get their application acknowledged but lots don't hear anything for the first couple of months. Also some people are not able to log on to the online ECAS system until they get SA and their UCI number as the financial receipt number does not always work.

People who are applying through London at the moment either get the second stage of their application processed at Mississauga, Ottawa or London. Check out the London spreadsheet in Snookolooky's signature to see the exact processing times but basically Mississauga is super fast for most people , a matter of a few months, Ottawa is longer I believe around 8 months though theirs seems to go in spurts depending on workloads with other visa types and London is by far the slowest. When I applied in Aug 14 we were looking at around 7 months is for a straight forward app but now its around 11 months on our spreadsheet. Also until Jan 15 London posted their official processing time on CIC as 11 months and it is now 28 months.

So I think the reason for a lot of the heart ache is it seems to be a total roulette as to who's application gets sent where and for us London people it can get very depressing to see lots of people who applied months after us getting processed ages before we hear anything. Im lucky that I'm in the position where I'm living in the UK with my family for now but many others have been separated for a year or more. When we applied we all thought the absolute max processing time was likely to be 11 months.

Anyway cross your fingers for Mississauga processing is the thing to do and best of luck with your application!! Hope this helps.

jonnylad

Aug 5, 2013
kks1234 said:
Thats normal to not hear anything from Mississauga until you get SA. Some people get their application acknowledged but lots don't hear anything for the first couple of months. Also some people are not able to log on to the online ECAS system until they get SA and their UCI number as the financial receipt number does not always work.

People who are applying through London at the moment either get the second stage of their application processed at Mississauga, Ottawa or London. Check out the London spreadsheet in Snookolooky's signature to see the exact processing times but basically Mississauga is super fast for most people , a matter of a few months, Ottawa is longer I believe around 8 months though theirs seems to go in spurts depending on workloads with other visa types and London is by far the slowest. When I applied in Aug 14 we were looking at around 7 months is for a straight forward app but now its around 11 months on our spreadsheet. Also until Jan 15 London posted their official processing time on CIC as 11 months and it is now 28 months.

So I think the reason for a lot of the heart ache is it seems to be a total roulette as to who's application gets sent where and for us London people it can get very depressing to see lots of people who applied months after us getting processed ages before we hear anything. Im lucky that I'm in the position where I'm living in the UK with my family for now but many others have been separated for a year or more. When we applied we all thought the absolute max processing time was likely to be 11 months.

Anyway cross your fingers for Mississauga processing is the thing to do and best of luck with your application!! Hope this helps.
Hey, thanks for the answers! It's so hard to stomach this sudden change and I was really shocked at first when I saw the spreadsheet. I originally thought of pulling my application and applying Inland but I really don't think I can face a whole new set of forms and reorganising everything again.

I'm obviously praying for a straight up Mississauga processing, however I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Judging by the spreadsheet of forum-users it looks as though the split between VOs is fairly even so I guess I have about a 1 in 3 chance of hitting the Mississauga jackpot. Only time will tell I suppose.

I originally planned to be out of work for a few months maximum as my current working holiday visa expires on October 9th this year, however if my application is condemned to the pits of the London VO then I suppose myself and my CL partner will consider spending some time working in the UK.

Does anyone have any experience with a Canadian partner obtaining a temporary work visa, similar to a working holiday visa for Canada, for the UK? I assume it's pretty easy but it kind of breaks my heart to have to look into that considering I spent 26 years trying to get out of the UK!

Also, if we decide to stay here with me on a visitor visa, I assume I apply within two months of the expiration of my work permit and that the visitor visa will be valid for 6 months? Am I hearing people correctly when they say that even if I have no visitor visa then I still have 'intent'? If someone could clarify this that would be great!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
jonnylad said:
Hey, thanks for the answers! It's so hard to stomach this sudden change and I was really shocked at first when I saw the spreadsheet. I originally thought of pulling my application and applying Inland but I really don't think I can face a whole new set of forms and reorganising everything again.
At this point it's probably not worth it unless you really, really want a work visa, which you can get in about 4ish months with an inland app. However the packages are different so it would mean fully re-applying, and some things you may have to get new copies of, like police certificates, and it just means you also lose that much more time off your medical. If you're able to stand the wait, probably best to just leave your app processing - particularly as you don't currently know where your app is going to be sent for Stage 2.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet, it would be great to add you in. Would need to know when your app arrived in MIssissauga and where you're currently located, then you have to remember to come back to this thread with updates! :) The more data in the thread the better.

I'm obviously praying for a straight up Mississauga processing, however I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Judging by the spreadsheet of forum-users it looks as though the split between VOs is fairly even so I guess I have about a 1 in 3 chance of hitting the Mississauga jackpot. Only time will tell I suppose.
Pretty much. We haven't been able to work out a rhyme or reason for whose application gets sent where... and a few that were meant to stay in Mississauga were later forwarded to London instead. I personally suspect it has something to do with background checks, but it's only a guess.

I originally planned to be out of work for a few months maximum as my current working holiday visa expires on October 9th this year, however if my application is condemned to the pits of the London VO then I suppose myself and my CL partner will consider spending some time working in the UK.
Hard to say. You applied last month, so let's say early May... if your app stays in Mississauga you will almost certainly be done by October. If it goes to Ottawa then probably early next year. If London then count on one year at this point (so getting PR in May 2016).

Does anyone have any experience with a Canadian partner obtaining a temporary work visa, similar to a working holiday visa for Canada, for the UK? I assume it's pretty easy but it kind of breaks my heart to have to look into that considering I spent 26 years trying to get out of the UK!
Honestly, no idea. Try checking out this part of British Expats - http://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/ - and check out the BE wiki on UK working visas (http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Moving_Back_to_the_UK) and you hopefully can start to get some answers with those resources.

Also, if we decide to stay here with me on a visitor visa, I assume I apply within two months of the expiration of my work permit and that the visitor visa will be valid for 6 months? Am I hearing people correctly when they say that even if I have no visitor visa then I still have 'intent'? If someone could clarify this that would be great!
Read this - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada#Can_I_wait_in_Canada_while_my_application_is_being_processed:_Dual_Intent - and the section right after it, "Extending your stay". :)

Good luck!

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
jonnylad said:

I am a Canadian in the UK on a working holiday visa, it was dead easy application, it's a points based visa, you you have to be btw 18-30 years old and have no dependants, then you have to goto do a biometric scan which took about two weeks to get an appointment and then they send the application from the office there. They do not check your application if you have done it correctly but will make sure that you have everything on the check list. You need I believe £1890 of funds in a bank account. Mine took two weeks to come back approved and visa in my passport. Cost £225 to apply.

midnighter92

Feb 4, 2014
Hi,

We received the SA on the 28th May and my application has now been sent to London.

My meds are done but I do have to resend my police certificates as I screwed up the first time. As soon as they arrive, I'll forward them directly to London.

Like most I guess, I'm really concerned about processing times...but fingers crossed. I can't seem to login to ECAS though with my UCI number or Application number?

art4canada

May 16, 2015
Hi all, pleased to confirm stage 1 approval received for my spouse yesterday (09-06-15). Annoyingly, the application is being processed in London, so now the long wait begins. Please update the spreadsheet... we're on row 41.

Who do I pay to get it moved back to Mississauga? ;)

Next post on this forum in 2016 probably! Have a good 2015 all

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
midnighter and art4canada, updated you both. :)

midnighter - check out the FAQ for potential issues with ECAS, the most common issues are addressed there. If none of that works then report back!

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
I have observed something interesting that someone else might have already noticed...I was reading the recent posts about how everyone was feeling with regards to the LVO excessive timelines compared to other visa offices in Europe and elsewhere. I just happened to be navigating through the thread for Pakistani applicants through London and realized that some September 2014 applicants from Pakistan have received correspondence from LVO which shows that their application is being processed... Also saw a couple of August applicants hearing from LVO! I am genuinely happy for those people and by the way those are not folks whose files got transferred from Islamabadad but rather people who were processed at LVO from the get go. As for British applicants it seems to have been radio silence for almost all July 2014 onwards applicants...the last decision I saw was someone that applied 30-Jun-14! Just wondering if indeed Pakistani applications are being given priority currently over regular British ones. I wonder why that is? At the very least, it should be looked at equally. And the whole thing about some applications kept in Canada is not even worth talking about but again happy for people that got through fast and hoping for the rest of us to be done with all this with a positive outcome!

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
sam_1985 said:
I have observed something interesting that someone else might have already noticed...I was reading the recent posts about how everyone was feeling with regards to the LVO excessive timelines compared to other visa offices in Europe and elsewhere. I just happened to be navigating through the thread for Pakistani applicants through London and realized that some September 2014 applicants from Pakistan have received correspondence from LVO which shows that their application is being processed... Also saw a couple of August applicants hearing from LVO! I am genuinely happy for those people and by the way those are not folks whose files got transferred from Islamabadad but rather people who were processed at LVO from the get go. As for British applicants it seems to have been radio silence for almost all July 2014 onwards applicants...the last decision I saw was someone that applied 30-Jun-14! Just wondering if indeed Pakistani applications are being given priority currently over regular British ones. I wonder why that is? At the very least, it should be looked at equally. And the whole thing about some applications kept in Canada is not even worth talking about but again happy for people that got through fast and hoping for the rest of us to be done with all this with a positive outcome!
I noticed that too because I am also following the Pakistani thread. There is an individual from late October, and there is another individual who's file was transferred to LVO early Nov. And they have already heard back in regards to additional documents and next steps in the process.