+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
warzo said:
I noticed that too because I am also following the Pakistani thread. There is an individual from late October, and there is another individual who's file was transferred to LVO early Nov. And they have already heard back in regards to additional documents and next steps in the process.
I'm not following the Pakistani thread, but I do waste lots of time trying to make inferences from the spreadsheet! My feeling is these requests for additional info come when they do the first initial review of the applications, then they get put in the queue just like anyone else.

I don't expect they are getting priority treatment (I hope not)... but suspect these applications tend to generate more follow up questions, giving the impression there is more activity. For every application that requires a follow-up there are probably several more where they take a look, see everything is in order and just put it away again without any communication to the applicant.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
mec14 said:
I'm not following the Pakistani thread, but I do waste lots of time trying to make inferences from the spreadsheet! My feeling is these requests for additional info come when they do the first initial review of the applications, then they get put in the queue just like anyone else.

I don't expect they are getting priority treatment (I hope not)... but suspect these applications tend to generate more follow up questions, giving the impression there is more activity. For every application that requires a follow-up there are probably several more where they take a look, see everything is in order and just put it away again without any communication to the applicant.
You are right too Mec14. I know that several of them were requested for re-med, and they have been waiting months regarding next steps. Those applications I feel are definitely more scrutinized. Their medical is never extended. They are always asked for re-med once expired.

I am still not sure how our application will be treated. My hubby carries Pakistani nationality, and he has been in Denmark for 5 years, and prior to that he was in Sweden for 4 years.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
I have another question.

In case he is called in for an interview. Do you guys know if it will be conducted in Denmark, London or Pakistan?

In case they choose country of his citizen for an interview, can we ask them to change it to London, UK becuase it is cheaper, and he won't have to take several weeks off work?

I was also wondering if it would make any difference if I am present at the interview.

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
warzo said:
I have another question.

In case he is called in for an interview. Do you guys know if it will be conducted in Denmark, London or Pakistan?

In case they choose country of his citizen for an interview, can we ask them to change it to London, UK becuase it is cheaper, and he won't have to take several weeks off work?

I was also wondering if it would make any difference if I am present at the interview.
It's very hard to tell; I would say interview is based on residence rather than citizenship; I have seen some British citizens get processed in Singapore for instance because they live in a country whose residents or citizens are handled by that visa office. Based on this logic, interview (if needed) would be done in London; however, I really hope you don't get one and if you have enough proof of relationship then you should not expect one! All the best! :)

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
mec14 said:

It makes sense; I just hope London start getting their act together soon!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
warzo said:
I have another question.

IN all likelihood, the VO that's processing the application will be where the interview is scheduled. In most cases that's how it goes, but it's not necessarily the case 100% of the time.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
IN all likelihood, the VO that's processing the application will be where the interview is scheduled. In most cases that's how it goes, but it's not necessarily the case 100% of the time.
Currently Pakistani residents are told that they will be given a date for interview a month in advance when an officer is able to visit Islamabad).

I pray he is not, and if he is then we will find out more. I just hope it's not Pakistan.

XMan24April

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
File Transfer...
20-06-2014
Med's Request
med extension mail on 28th jan 2015, as per notes medical status is Cleared - Expired
Passport Req..
10th September 2015
mec14 said:

There is alot of to and fro communication but Pakistani applicants are not getting any priority.

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
Hey everyone! So I was just looking at the spread sheet and it looks to me like pretty much all of the recent applications have gone to London. I wonder if they have stopped keeping them in Mississauga.

I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones that gets processed here :'(

On a positive note... Maybe it means that London will start to move quicker. They must have got rid of some of the back log to start taking more applications again... right?.... I'm trying to be optimistic here lol

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
SchnookoLoly said:
Pretty much. We haven't been able to work out a rhyme or reason for whose application gets sent where... and a few that were meant to stay in Mississauga were later forwarded to London instead. I personally suspect it has something to do with background checks, but it's only a guess.
Just curious if there is any suspected correlation between the amount of time spent in Canada vs the UK. When we applied we didn't submit a background check, but my UK spouse had been in Canada for over five years by that point on work visas... I haven't lived anywhere else (sponsor and Canadian)

Maybe?

I'm really discouraged to see some of you are still waiting. It would be absolutely gutting and my heart definitely feels for you.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kettle said:
Just curious if there is any suspected correlation between the amount of time spent in Canada vs the UK. When we applied we didn't submit a background check, but my UK spouse had been in Canada for over five years by that point on work visas... I haven't lived anywhere else (sponsor and Canadian)

Maybe?

I'm really discouraged to see some of you are still waiting. It would be absolutely gutting and my heart definitely feels for you.
As I said, no idea. Andrew-brit has (had) been in Canada for well over 2 years and his app went to London. Others who either aren't in Canada or haven't been in Canada long were held in Mississauga or Ottawa.

Seriously, no idea.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
SchnookoLoly said:
As I said, no idea. Andrew-brit has (had) been in Canada for well over 2 years and his app went to London. Others who either aren't in Canada or haven't been in Canada long were held in Mississauga or Ottawa.

Seriously, no idea.
I suspect we will never know...

curious.

jonnylad

Aug 5, 2013
SchnookoLoly said:
At this point it's probably not worth it unless you really, really want a work visa, which you can get in about 4ish months with an inland app. However the packages are different so it would mean fully re-applying, and some things you may have to get new copies of, like police certificates, and it just means you also lose that much more time off your medical. If you're able to stand the wait, probably best to just leave your app processing - particularly as you don't currently know where your app is going to be sent for Stage 2.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet, it would be great to add you in. Would need to know when your app arrived in MIssissauga and where you're currently located, then you have to remember to come back to this thread with updates! :) The more data in the thread the better.
Of course, get me on the sheet! Arrived on May 19th 2015 and I'm based in Vancover, BC.

Thanks for all the info, I'm going to stick it out, definitely going back to the UK unless it's a Mississauga strike however as the temporary visa for Canadians seems very easy if you're under 30 years of age and of good health.

Will keep you updated on all my progress, thanks!

sharren

Jun 12, 2015
Hi, I am new to the forum. If you want to add me to the spreadsheet we applied for PR on Aug 7th 2014, and got SA on Oct. 27th. Our meds were done last July. I just sent a query re meds to LVO last week to extend as its coming up on 12 months. They responded this week saying it has already been done.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
jonnylad - all added in! Double check your line to make sure I got it all right.

sharren said:
Hi, I am new to the forum. If you want to add me to the spreadsheet we applied for PR on Aug 7th 2014, and got SA on Oct. 27th. Our meds were done last July. I just sent a query re meds to LVO last week to extend as its coming up on 12 months. They responded this week saying it has already been done.
Hello! I will add you in, just need to know where you are located and if you applied as married or common-law. Thanks!