+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Thanks all for the words of wisdom!

I thought as much...but for whatever reason, this application appears to have turned me into a nervous wreck and I find myself constantly second-guessing myself!

Feeling confident now though so am going to soldier on with confidence.

Aiming to get the whole lot done, dusted and sent off on Monday (31st) by courier... Will keep you posted on our progress! :)

Pinklady - when can I update my timeline on the left-hand side? Is that another perk of being a member of this forum I've yet to experience?

Not that I've got much to add at this point, mind! Meds are done but that's about it ;D

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
Louise86 said:
Thanks all for the words of wisdom!

I thought as much...but for whatever reason, this application appears to have turned me into a nervous wreck and I find myself constantly second-guessing myself!

Feeling confident now though so am going to soldier on with confidence.

Aiming to get the whole lot done, dusted and sent off on Monday (31st) by courier... Will keep you posted on our progress! :)

Pinklady - when can I update my timeline on the left-hand side? Is that another perk of being a member of this forum I've yet to experience?

Not that I've got much to add at this point, mind! Meds are done but that's about it ;D
On the upper right hand side corner of your page, there should be a 'Profile' button (in between inbox and search)- click on it. Under 'Modify profile' on the left side of the page, click 'Forum profile information' and you should be able to update your timeline :)

Y

yameen

I just got most horrible news. :( i was paranoid that immigration might send email to wrong address and we wud never receive it.and so i emailed similar email addresses and said if they get any email from immigration to forward to me...and well it happened...the person emailed me a forwarded mail from immigration where they wanted original police certificate and they gave 60 days to respond..problem is i dont know when they sent the email since my file transfer was more than 3 months ago i have possibly run out of my 60 day period....few days ago i had received an email asking for previous address history( this email was on correct email address coz i had informed them this is my correct email if it wsnt clear in the application). even so immigration cud have said that they send a prior correspondence to wrong address.so i have wasted months waiting for response that got sent to wrong email.and now the application is likely to get refused because of it...because of some dummy who cant read an email right. so so sad. they shud at least inquire before the 60 days end as to why u havent responded.i mean who in their right mind wud ignore a email from immigration if they got it .......those who are not uk citizens apparently get their emails sent to wrong address.looking at hasbolouch case i see a pattern here.im frustrated and mad.??? i wasted time and lot of money to get my husband here and i havent seen him for more than 7 months and i need him here wt me.now i dont know what to do if he gets refused bcos of something that isnt my fault :( :( :( they said if u dont respond they will continue processing but it can get refused.i know i missed the 60 day period bcos few days ago they asked for address from 2005 to 2007... :(

Y

yameen

anybody knows what you can do in circumstance like this ? set aside the months i wasted waiting...would immigration accept that we didnt respond because we didnt get their email and give some time to send the document.Its just police certificate they want because the one we sent expired most likely.does anybody know who is the immigration mp for british columbia?

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
yameen said:
I just got most horrible news. :( i was paranoid that immigration might send email to wrong address and we wud never receive it.and so i emailed similar email addresses and said if they get any email from immigration to forward to me...and well it happened...the person emailed me a forwarded mail from immigration where they wanted original police certificate and they gave 60 days to respond..problem is i dont know when they sent the email since my file transfer was more than 3 months ago i have possibly run out of my 60 day period....few days ago i had received an email asking for previous address history( this email was on correct email address coz i had informed them this is my correct email if it wsnt clear in the application). even so immigration cud have said that they send a prior correspondence to wrong address.so i have wasted months waiting for response that got sent to wrong email.and now the application is likely to get refused because of it...because of some dummy who cant read an email right. so so sad. they shud at least inquire before the 60 days end as to why u havent responded.i mean who in their right mind wud ignore a email from immigration if they got it .......those who are not uk citizens apparently get their emails sent to wrong address.looking at hasbolouch case i see a pattern here.im frustrated and mad.??? i wasted time and lot of money to get my husband here and i havent seen him for more than 7 months and i need him here wt me.now i dont know what to do if he gets refused bcos of something that isnt my fault :( :( :( they said if u dont respond they will continue processing but it can get refused.i know i missed the 60 day period bcos few days ago they asked for address from 2005 to 2007... :(
That is just plain horrible! Big hugs to you. You need to send a copy of the forwarded email and your email to the different addresses, to the CIC and tell them what happened, and use those emails as proof that it wasn't your fault! I really feel for you. London simply MUST over look this, as it is clearly their fault and not yours. I would send CIC email and snail mail with print outs of those emails showing it's not your fault. Good luck! Keep us updated...

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Yameen - that's awful news. I'm sorry. Doesn't exactly inspire much confidence in the London VO, does it?
I hope it all gets sorted for you a.s.a.p. I agree with Daisies; it's their mistake and as long as you can send proof of that I shouldn't think it will be an issue.

TGR said:
On the upper right hand side corner of your page, there should be a 'Profile' button (in between inbox and search)- click on it. Under 'Modify profile' on the left side of the page, click 'Forum profile information' and you should be able to update your timeline :)
Thanks TGR - just tried and didn't see the 'Forum Profile Information' option - perhaps this post (my tenth) will do the trick! ;D

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
yameen said:
That is horrible news So sorry. but you can check the date it got sent out on the forwarded email.

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
Hi everyone!

I am just wondering does the CIC London require a police certificate for every country you have been to or have resided for the past 10 years? What if i lived a country less than five months for visit would they still require a police certificate from that country?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 21, 2011
Hi Pinklady...I've been approved as a sponsor! You can add my name to your spreadsheet... We sent in the application on August 16, it was received on August 17, and I received the approval email on October 26. Still nervously waiting!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Yasiin said:
Hi everyone!

I am just wondering does the CIC London require a police certificate for every country you have been to or have resided for the past 10 years? What if i lived a country less than five months for visit would they still require a police certificate from that country?

Thanks in advance.
Yasin! Their guidance says every country u stayed for 6 months so i would not consider 5 months. Regards

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
So they actually did update my ecas, decision made. Feels official now :)

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
ahm2299 said:
Yasin! Their guidance says every country u stayed for 6 months so i would not consider 5 months. Regards
Thanks Ahm. I really appreciated it. Just for out of curiosity where can i read those guidelines?

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Yasiin said:
Thanks Ahm. I really appreciated it. Just for out of curiosity where can i read those guidelines?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
MDSB said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.
Thanks MDSB for the info..

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
yameen said:
That's terrible yameen! I agree with the others. Send the police certificate along with the forwarded email and a explanation about the mix up- I know it's past the 60 day period, but they have to understand, especially as it was their fault, not yours.