+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Alanmaura said:
What would happen if I just sent my passport JAN 1st? They didn't date the letter they sent me so maybe they won't be expecting it :-\
I don't know. Have you sent a case specific yet to ask?

Personally I wouldnt risk it unless I had a email response from them giving me the go ahead. Then i'd include that email when eventually sending my passport.

Who are you flying to Ireland with in Dec? Is the flight refundable?

My advice to you, email them asap and keep your fingers crossed they reply saying its ok to post in January. If that fails, I would risk posting it on November 14th, but include my flight itinerary and perhaps a small note explaining the situation, then I would cross my fingers some more!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Alanmura, I would totally just call in sick and not go on the job trip!

Y

yameen

I have noticed those whose file transfer was late June are still waiting ppr.

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
mittens said:
congrats alanmaura, when did you apply?

simdlee, how did you receive your PPR? snail mail, e-mail etc?

ok, well i have received an automated response to my email query so at least i know thye have the correct e-mail addy!
just wait and see if/when they finally get around to updating my address and hope to every higher being known to man that they haven't sent PPR to old address *big dramatic sigh*
Hi mittens,

Not sure if I answered you or not, but my husband got PPR via email. So now to wait till next thursday when he will drop his passport off to the London VO...not much longer!!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Daisies said:
Alanmura, I would totally just call in sick and not go on the job trip!
yes yameen,i am waiting my ppr, our file was forwarded on 29 August to London, wwe are worried now as there is a couple of people from July got their ppr recently.

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Hi all!

Congratulations to those getting PPR.

Just seen that I've been added to the spreadsheet - how exciting! It's making these final few days of compiling my application slightly better knowing that there's an end-goal in sight.

I just have one question for all you immigration guru's on here to see if you could shed any light on this matter for me...

I've had dual-nationality (British/Canadian) from birth, I was born in the UK and have lived here thus far throughout my life. Over the past 25 years I have been to Canada multiple times to visit my Canadian family, in my younger years as often as 2-3 times per year, and in recent years more like once a year (due to finances).

But now I'm getting the pre-sending-the-application jitters, and worrying that perhaps the fact that I've never lived in Canada makes me ineligible to sponsor my partner? It never occurred to me before, but now it's worrying me. I figured that to get around this, I would have to make my 'intent to return' all the more solid, but as with many people I don't have any 'hard' proof.

So far I have:

- A letter outlining my intent to return
- Proof of a savings account set-up for use in Canada
- A breakdown of how we intend to use these savings (renting a house, initial start-up costs etc.) proving that we are both able to live
happily for 5-6 months without employment (with a note stating that of course we intend to have jobs asap and will stay with family
initially)
- A timeline of events as we expect them to happen (from now, to a few months after we land detailing shipping our belongings, ending
our UK phone contracts and tenancy, booking flights, scheduling interviews in Canada etc.)
- Letters of support from family in Canada and the UK, offering us accommodation and financial support
- Evidence of applying/searching for employment
- Evidence of enquiring about properties in Canada
- Shipping quotes

...And that's about it. Do you think this will be sufficient in lieu of any solid evidence?

And does anyone know if having never lived in canada makes me ineligible? I have a Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card etc, so I'm hoping that I enjoy the same rights and privileges as any other Canadian, in spite of where I have lived.

Any help would be great :D.

Thanks!

Alanmaura

Mar 8, 2011
pinklady said:
I don't know. Have you sent a case specific yet to ask?

Personally I wouldnt risk it unless I had a email response from them giving me the go ahead. Then i'd include that email when eventually sending my passport.

Who are you flying to Ireland with in Dec? Is the flight refundable?

My advice to you, email them asap and keep your fingers crossed they reply saying its ok to post in January. If that fails, I would risk posting it on November 14th, but include my flight itinerary and perhaps a small note explaining the situation, then I would cross my fingers some more!
Pinklady,

How do I send a case specific?

Thank You :)

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
good morning london
thanks simdlee, seethat gives me a little bit of hope as i KNOW they have the correct e-mail addy for me

i was in a quandry too as am supposed to go to florida in december, fly home to england for visit january and was also hoping to pop over the border late november
the way things are going i'm just going to have to stay put here and sit things out
so frustrated that everyone is passing me by
sorry to go on but i have nowhere else to vent aggggggghhhhhh

the most frustrating part is not being able to work, finances are tight and even if i get PPR today doesn't look like i'll be able to get a job till next yr now *sigh again*

ok i'll take my pity party out of here...
*mittens shuffles off*

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Alanmaura said:
Pinklady,

Alanmaura, I happened to just be on the Case Specific Enquiry page on another browser tab and tried to post the link to you, but apparently this forum doesn't allow you to post links!

If you go to the cic.gc.ca homepage then go:

Find a CIC Office > Canadian Visa Offices > London, UK >and then here there should be a link to the Case Specific Enquiry page.

Hope this helps, best of luck!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Alanmaura said:
Pinklady,

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

Include the following with your enquiry:

file number
full name
date of birth
mailing address
telephone and fax number
nationality

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ci-ci/splash.aspx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Louise86 said:
Alanmaura, I happened to just be on the Case Specific Enquiry page on another browser tab and tried to post the link to you, but apparently this forum doesn't allow you to post links!
A couple more posts and you'll be allowed to post links.... I think its the forums attempt to stop spammers posting links! :)

I'm glad you're excited to be on the spreadsheet, keep me posted of your timeline!

As for your question. You are a canadian citizen so you have the same rights as every other citizen, whether you have lived there or not. Your proof of intent to return also seems pretty solid to me. I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
I agree - a Canadian Citizen from birth - you're good to go :)

mittens - I just LOVE your dramatic sighs and shuffles off stage left moments :) I'm keeping everything crossed that you hear something fabulous soon!! You deserve a medal for patience!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Louise86 said:
Hi all!

Congratulations to those getting PPR.

Just seen that I've been added to the spreadsheet - how exciting! It's making these final few days of compiling my application slightly better knowing that there's an end-goal in sight.

I just have one question for all you immigration guru's on here to see if you could shed any light on this matter for me...

I've had dual-nationality (British/Canadian) from birth, I was born in the UK and have lived here thus far throughout my life. Over the past 25 years I have been to Canada multiple times to visit my Canadian family, in my younger years as often as 2-3 times per year, and in recent years more like once a year (due to finances).

But now I'm getting the pre-sending-the-application jitters, and worrying that perhaps the fact that I've never lived in Canada makes me ineligible to sponsor my partner? It never occurred to me before, but now it's worrying me. I figured that to get around this, I would have to make my 'intent to return' all the more solid, but as with many people I don't have any 'hard' proof.

So far I have:

- A letter outlining my intent to return
- Proof of a savings account set-up for use in Canada
- A breakdown of how we intend to use these savings (renting a house, initial start-up costs etc.) proving that we are both able to live
happily for 5-6 months without employment (with a note stating that of course we intend to have jobs asap and will stay with family
initially)
- A timeline of events as we expect them to happen (from now, to a few months after we land detailing shipping our belongings, ending
our UK phone contracts and tenancy, booking flights, scheduling interviews in Canada etc.)
- Letters of support from family in Canada and the UK, offering us accommodation and financial support
- Evidence of applying/searching for employment
- Evidence of enquiring about properties in Canada
- Shipping quotes

...And that's about it. Do you think this will be sufficient in lieu of any solid evidence?

And does anyone know if having never lived in canada makes me ineligible? I have a Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card etc, so I'm hoping that I enjoy the same rights and privileges as any other Canadian, in spite of where I have lived.

Any help would be great :D.

Thanks!
It doesn't matter because you are a Canadian citizen. My husband, a Canadian, only lived in Canada for a year. We explained that in the question where he described his intentions of moving back to Canada. He was approved as a sponsor. :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
An update, Nicolapeeling of the March Group got her PPR on October 12th.

CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
YIPPEEEE!!!! It's all happening. I'm keeping the faith, next week it'll be my turn to be updated as sponsorship approved.

Congratulations everyone!! :D