+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Y

yameen

Thanks guys. Its my fault i shud have put a very simple email like abc or 123. The person who got te email isnt very corporative he just copy an pasted and sent me part of the mail not even forward it.
Anyways im gona go and sit in mittens corner and sulk too. With my head between my legs :/

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hi everyone

How i can request CAIP?

Thanks

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
Because I didn't send my application by registered mail I have no clue if the Mississauga CPC has received them. I've checked the system and there is no record of our application starting to be processed yet. Lately it seems to take about 2 months for the sponsor approval to be completed, so do I just have to sit tight for 2 months and wait for something to appear in the system? If they never got my papers in the first place that will be 2 months of wasted time. I am kicking myself that I didn't send the application by registered mail! I just thought that I couldn't do that because of the PO Box address and large volume of mail they must receive. Argggh. :(

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
BT1975 said:
Because I didn't send my application by registered mail I have no clue if the Mississauga CPC has received them. I've checked the system and there is no record of our application starting to be processed yet. Lately it seems to take about 2 months for the sponsor approval to be completed, so do I just have to sit tight for 2 months and wait for something to appear in the system? If they never got my papers in the first place that will be 2 months of wasted time. I am kicking myself that I didn't send the application by registered mail! I just thought that I couldn't do that because of the PO Box address and large volume of mail they must receive. Argggh. :(
Sadly, you do have to wait. I called CIC about the same issue because Canada Post had a glitch in their system and temporarily lost our application--eek!--and was told that they cannot report whether or not they have received it.

If you go well past the end of the Part 1 timeline without hearing anything, you can call CIC and ask them what happened and see if you can get a response.

Sorry about the stress. :(

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
Thanks Aperture :) They have those barcodes on the IMM 008 documents and they ask for those to be placed on top. Too bad they can't just scan those and it automatically registers in the system so that people know that at least the package arrived and someone has already opened it. Will have to sit tight and try not to stress too much.

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aperture said:
Sadly, you do have to wait. I called CIC about the same issue because Canada Post had a glitch in their system and temporarily lost our application--eek!--and was told that they cannot report whether or not they have received it.

If you go well past the end of the Part 1 timeline without hearing anything, you can call CIC and ask them what happened and see if you can get a response.

Sorry about the stress. :(
Probably the biggest blunder one would do at this stage is to NOT send ur app though courier or registered mail, saving few bucks would certainly guarantee sleepless nights indeed! Why take that chance!

johnpollard

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
27-Jun-2011
Passport Req..
who knows!
Still waiting here. But we have got thinking that we may just need to get ourselves over to Canada, things are getting unsettled for the kids.

Can anyone point me to the part of the CIC website that talks about entering as a Visitor, sending your passport back to the UK and the procedure 'landing'? It seems it as if it is quite common, I just can't find the official information.

Thanks.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I am not sure there is any official infomation on this. I just know that you can do it.
You can enter Canada as a visitor and will usually have 6 months from the date stamped in your passport. As a visitor you will not be able to 'move' to canada so all belongings will have to remain in UK, unless the Canadian brings them, but then you may have to pay duty on them.

When passports are requested, you can send them to London and have them returned to you in Canada (like I did) then you have to land. You will need to leave canada, either flagpole or leave for the day, or weekend or whatever, then return and 'land'. Apparently you can also land at different offices, but you must make an appointment.
When you land, you can present a goods to follow list, this way you could bring over all your possessions from UK without having to pay duty on them.

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Hey guys!! Well ecas says decision made today but no email??? God I hope I don't have to wait for snail mail to Whistler to find out!! Really hoping this is a good thing and not a glitch on the system! Argh!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Its likely going to be good news, congrats!!
I doubt they'd give a negative decision without asking for more info first.
Yey!! Come on PPR letter/email!

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Thanks pinklady!! I'm an excited mess right now who really should be getting ready for work! Trust me to get the vo that can't use email though! ;D I'm going to be haunting the mailboxes for the. Next little while, I shall update you soon as I can!

johnpollard

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
27-Jun-2011
Passport Req..
who knows!
pinklady said:
I am not sure there is any official infomation on this. I just know that you can do it.
You can enter Canada as a visitor and will usually have 6 months from the date stamped in your passport. As a visitor you will not be able to 'move' to canada so all belongings will have to remain in UK, unless the Canadian brings them, but then you may have to pay duty on them.

When passports are requested, you can send them to London and have them returned to you in Canada (like I did) then you have to land. You will need to leave canada, either flagpole or leave for the day, or weekend or whatever, then return and 'land'. Apparently you can also land at different offices, but you must make an appointment.
When you land, you can present a goods to follow list, this way you could bring over all your possessions from UK without having to pay duty on them.
Thanks once again Pinklady! And thanks for all you do here.

When you say "land at different offices" do you mean flying into Canada as a vistor in place A, then some time later exit Canada, re-enter and 'land' as a PR in place B?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
johnpollard said:
Thanks once again Pinklady! And thanks for all you do here.

When you say "land at different offices" do you mean flying into Canada as a vistor in place A, then some time later exit Canada, re-enter and 'land' as a PR in place B?
Landing at an office wouldn't require leaving Canada again. You book a landing appointment.

I flew into Toronto in January, then once I got my passport back from London in April, my husband and I drove to Buffalo and shopped for the day, then returned to Canada to land at the Queen/Lewiston bridge.
I only mentioned the ability to make a landing appointment because some people are not within driving distance from the Canadian border.

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
When London returns your passport do they send you an email with a tracking number?