+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Alanmaura

Mar 8, 2011
Hey Mittens,

We applied in July and our package was sent to London in Septemebr for processing so it's been a very fast process.

Hopefully you get sorted soon, you too Jen B.

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
I hope so Alan! I got sponsorship approval the same day as you and Shaun so hopefully my app is sittingjust under yours on a vo's desk!! Hehe

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Alanmaura said:
Guys,

What kind of turnaround are peopel seeing with their passports? Is it taking longer than 6 weeks?
Mine took 5.5 weeks... but lately they seem to have been returned much faster, in around 3 weeks.
Nothing is guaranteed though.

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
So now that I'm thinking about it, when would be a good time for me to redo my meds, seeing as they run out Jan 19th? I'm hoping (but it probably won't happen...) to get ppr by the beginning of November, in which case I'll be ok but if it gets any later than that I might be cutting it fine with the 6 week passport turnaround, if that makes sense? I had to wait over a month for an appointment for my meds last time too!

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Ok ignore my last post, I'm just freaking out about the time constraints! I'm going to try to relax and ignore it until November 28th and if I don't have ppr by then I'll just arrange a redo then. There no problem and I should stop making myself panic!

Alanmaura

Mar 8, 2011
Totally Jen, what happens if they request your passport and you don't get it back before the meds run out? Surely its their fault then.

Pinklady,

I get back from my business trip November 13th, If I sent my passport November 14th via courier to London, what chances it would be back by December 16th. Also if i send my passport I just include an addressed envelope, the london office cover the cost of mailing it back, is that right?

YAHOOOOOOOO Canada here i come :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
JenB said:
Ok ignore my last post, I'm just freaking out about the time constraints! I'm going to try to relax and ignore it until November 28th and if I don't have ppr by then I'll just arrange a redo then. There no problem and I should stop making myself panic!
I'd think that if they ask for you passport then they wont ask you to re do the meds. I'd wait until after Jan 19th to re do them for sure.
Don't panic!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Alanmaura said:
Pinklady,

I get back from my business trip November 13th, If I sent my passport November 14th via courier to London, what chances it would be back by December 16th. Also if i send my passport I just include an addressed envelope, the london office cover the cost of mailing it back, is that right?
I'd say chances are good. In that case, I would also include a copy of your travel itinerary... it might speed things up a little at their end, they're human too :)
But... there are no guarantees, it would be a risk definitely!

When I sent mine to London, I used fedex and included a padded envelope for the return of passport and the COPR. London used registered/signed for mail to return it and they covered the cost.

Alanmaura

Mar 8, 2011
So hard to know what to do, its the worst time of year to be sending post aswell as its close to x-mas!!

We are visting my family in ireland and it will be the first time, we'll see them since our engagement so i'd hate to get delayed!!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Argh stressful!!

Is there no way you can bring the business trip forward or postpone?

I had forgotten about postal delays due to Christmas. I know when mine was returned, it was posted on a Monday and I received it that Friday. Also, i used Fedex, posted on a monday and it arrived in London on the Friday (got held in customs I believe, but I think thats because I put a value on the package. I also had to pay a customs charge to London before they would release my passport back to me, possibly delaying things) Don't put a value on the package when you send it!!!!

Alanmaura

Mar 8, 2011
I've looked into changing my trip but I can't.

What would happen if I just sent my passport JAN 1st? They didn't date the letter they sent me so maybe they won't be expecting it :-\

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Tecumseh said:
Just got back from collecting my passport in London ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:D :D :D Yipee... :D :D :D

I'm still waiting for mine to be returned in post... hopefully not waiting too much longer... however not leaving until January 10th so plenty of time to wait ;D

T

Tecumseh

Do you not have another 3-4 weeks to go?? So exciting knowing all I have to do now is Land :p :p :p

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Tecumseh said:
Do you not have another 3-4 weeks to go?? So exciting knowing all I have to do now is Land :p :p :p
It says expect up to 6 weeks... I don't like being without my passport so I'm hoping sooner. But not stressed... just glad it's approved and my flights are booked. I can finally start planning my goodbyes and packing!
Not long for you now. Very exciting. 8)

T

Tecumseh

MDSB said:
It says expect up to 6 weeks... I don't like being without my passport so I'm hoping sooner. But not stressed... just glad it's approved and my flights are booked. I can finally start planning my goodbyes and packing!
Not long for you now. Very exciting. 8)

I will let you know how my landing went and give you any tips ;)