10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Quince777 said:
So when I see under 'app received' that they received my application on September 2, does it mean that Buffalo received it on this day or the day when it got transferred to Bufallo after sponsor approval in November? My impression is that with new IMM 0008 forms they somehow have my information at the consulate before the actual sponsor approval. But again I might be wrong.
Mine says Sept 13th....which is the day they would have recived it in Mississauga so i don't think it is the date that buffalo would receive it.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mumbles said:
Mine says Sept 13th....which is the day they would have recived it in Mississauga so i don't think it is the date that buffalo would receive it.
I've just checked my AOR from Buffalo as well and it also says 'we received your app on Sep. 2'.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No that's totally not possible. The procedure is to approve the sponsor first, and then assess the PA. That doesn't change with the forms being different, although maybe the fact that the AORs now cite (or some of them, at least) the date it was received at CPC-M instead of at the VO is related to that (or it could be due to some technical thing in GCMS). Did you send your envelope to Mississauga in November or September? If September, as I presume, it would have gone to the VO 2 months later, approximately. The processing times for the VOs start then because that's when the VO physically got the info.
Quince777 said:
So when I see under 'app received' that they received my application on September 2, does it mean that Buffalo received it on this day or the day when it got transferred to Bufallo after sponsor approval in November? My impression is that with new IMM 0008 forms they somehow have my information at the consulate before the actual sponsor approval. But again I might be wrong.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Quince777 said:
I've just checked my AOR from Buffalo as well and it also says 'we received your app on Sep. 2'.
same as mine

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
No that's totally not possible. The procedure is to approve the sponsor first, and then assess the PA. That doesn't change with the forms being different, although maybe the fact that the AORs now cite (or some of them, at least) the date it was received at CPC-M instead of at the VO is related to that (or it could be due to some technical thing in GCMS). Did you send your envelope to Mississauga in November or September? If September, as I presume, it would have gone to the VO 2 months later, approximately. The processing times for the VOs start then because that's when the VO physically got the info.
It was received in Mississauga on Sep. 2, sponsor approval: Nov. 14. So you exclude the idea that consulate has my info before sponsor approval through barcodes on IMM 0008?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct.
Quince777 said:
It was received in Mississauga on Sep. 2, sponsor approval: Nov. 14. So you exclude the idea that consulate has my info before sponsor approval through barcodes on IMM 0008?

ben_449

Jan 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-08-2011
Passport Req..
fingers X'ed

janyte

May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/05/2011
File Transfer...
21/06/2011
Med's Done....
4/26/2011
ddobro2 said:
Well, as you can see from my signature, I got PPR shortly thereafter :) Email.....it's almost always by email.
Ahhhh then hopefully this is good news coming soon:) Everything else has been email....but I figured they were trying to trick me!!!
Thanks for the response.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No tricks, you've got PPR just around the corner. Yay!
janyte said:
Ahhhh then hopefully this is good news coming soon:) Everything else has been email....but I figured they were trying to trick me!!!
Thanks for the response.

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Hello Everyone, what is the best way to contact or info CIC buffalo about change
of Address?
Just logged in into ecas only to see they still have my old address with my File# but
when i used my spouse info it shows the new address. Just is just weird.
Anyone with such situation?

ben_449

Jan 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-08-2011
Passport Req..
fingers X'ed
I think you change it online no?
Mark5 said:
Hello Everyone, what is the best way to contact or info CIC buffalo about change
of Address?
Just logged in into ecas only to see they still have my old address with my File# but

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Mark5 said:
of Address?
Is your spouse Canadian or are you?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your "new address" is your spouse's address, then of course it shows it when you log in as your sponsor. Many people have reported problems with getting Buffalo to change their address. I would sent it to them via mail and confirm through GCMS notes. You might end up having to do this several times until they change it. You might consider keeping in contact with whoever lives at your previous address in case you are mailed any further documentation requests from the visa office.
Mark5 said:
of Address?

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
mumbles said:
Is your spouse Canadian or are you?
My spouse is Canadian but i'm non Canada and will like to update but my mailing and home
address. Bcos they just put up my US address instead of the mailing address i provided in
the application. Hope i have not missed any mail or response from there office, this is just
a BS

ben_449

Jan 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-08-2011
Passport Req..
fingers X'ed
Yes, that is messed up, check both email accounts associated with the file. I know my wife forgot to check her email address that she gave to CIC and there was a letter waiting for her there from Buffalo

Mark5 said:
My spouse is Canadian but i'm non Canada and will like to update but my mailing and home
address. Bcos they just put up my US address instead of the mailing address i provided in
the application. Hope i have not missed any mail or response from there office, this is just
a BS