+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
DNT2003 said:
That's even better we can do it over the phone? How are they going to identify me? etc?

DNT2003
I will help you when the time is right..trust me..
Have you ever applied for a new Indian passport in Canada? can u share your experience and timelines if you did.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
Thanks for that :)

I have never applied for Indian Passport in Canada, but from reading on VFS website, you can apply for it through them here, which you alrady know, but trust me its not FUN, worst than dealing with ND, when I was there applying for OCI, I met someone who was holding an Indian passport, and his story was "I renewed my passport here, and they gave me a NEW passport, but it expired after 12 months, so I'm here to get another one" now how the f**k can they issue a passport which is only valid for one year? I know if you get a passport in India it is valid for 10 years!

Tell me the scenario what is happening in your case? Your passport expired / expiring soon? I will dig up everything and I will try my best to get you up and running....

DNT2003

fprince said:
I will help you when the time is right..trust me..
Have you ever applied for a new Indian passport in Canada? can u share your experience and timelines if you did.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
My scenario will be a bit complicated...due to the surname change in new PP.
Her PP expires next Sept. So this sept she will be applying for a new PP in Toronto with my surname...and its not gonna be as easy as they list in their dumb a$$ website
http://in.vfsglobal.ca/passports.aspx
Once she gets that..her new PP will not match the PR card, so next is changing the surname on the PR card ( which can be 6 months )
I know for a fact anytime you go to the Indian embassy here..its a big piece of $HIT and a whole day is gone..in fact more than that..

and next year would be my OCI which you already described how painful it was.

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
Hey Fprince,
I have applied passport in Toronto office for passport renewal and I also got the new passport valid for one year.

I was in complete shock when I saw that the passport has been issued for one year. So I called Consulate General of India in
Toronto. The reason for issuing a new booklet with one year validity is that CGI gives a 20-business day timeline to renew/issue new passport.
But they have to contact the original passport issuing office and find out if there are anything against the existing passport. So if there is a delay
in getting a feedback from the original passport office, then they will issue a booklet with one year validity and you have to apply again.
At that the you reapply they will give the rest of the 9 years for that booklet, as they will now have the feedback from the original passport office.

I was in complete shock, but nothing we can do about it. It's the way Indian goverment offices work.

Cheers!!

DNT2003 said:
Thanks for that :)

I have never applied for Indian Passport in Canada, but from reading on VFS website, you can apply for it through them here, which you alrady know, but trust me its not FUN, worst than dealing with ND, when I was there applying for OCI, I met someone who was holding an Indian passport, and his story was "I renewed my passport here, and they gave me a NEW passport, but it expired after 12 months, so I'm here to get another one" now how the f**k can they issue a passport which is only valid for one year? I know if you get a passport in India it is valid for 10 years!

Tell me the scenario what is happening in your case? Your passport expired / expiring soon? I will dig up everything and I will try my best to get you up and running....

DNT2003

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
I am kinda confused...we do not RENEW the PP
We will apply for a NEW PP when your old PP dies..

Applicant Needs to apply for a new passport when the old passport has

o Completed its life-span of ten years (5years for minors) from the date of issue.

o New booklet is required on the account of a change in basic particulars like name, appearance etc.

o All pages have been used

How fu$ed up can these idiots be to issue something for one year...and then ask us to come again.
Like i said these idiots are unimaginable for any level of tolerance levels.
A superpower and they can not issue a NEW PP when the existing PP holder has left India ...pathetic man

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
website still says "Application received" passport sent on 21st May and still no update like In progress or Decision Made

DNT2003 said:
How is everyone doing.... looks like we had SUCH a slow weekend!!!! no one got approved??? or is eCAS broken?

DNT2003

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
fprince said:
My scenario will be a bit complicated...due to the surname change in new PP.
Her PP expires next Sept. So this sept she will be applying for a new PP in Toronto with my surname...and its not gonna be as easy as they list in their dumb a$$ website
http://in.vfsglobal.ca/passports.aspx
Once she gets that..her new PP will not match the PR card, so next is changing the surname on the PR card ( which can be 6 months )
I know for a fact anytime you go to the Indian embassy here..its a big piece of $HIT and a whole day is gone..in fact more than that..

and next year would be my OCI which you already described how painful it was.
this is only a suggestion and of course its totally upto you both how you want to proceed... but when you're wife gets her new pp why not keep her maiden name on it, so that it matches her PR and then once she becomes a citizen ( if you plan on going that route THEN get the name changed on her pp.

I have no experience with Indian passports what so ever. So if what I said makes no sense.. disregard it. But I do know that when I husband added my name to his passport he got a new pp in a couple of weeks. But this was in India...

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
thecoolguysam said:
website still says "Application received" passport sent on 21st May and still no update like In progress or Decision Made
It's difficult waiting.. especially when there are no updates. Remember some never get an In Progress status change. There have even been people who have got Decision made updates made to their file once they recd their pp in hand..

Stay positive.. I'm sure ND is working the final steps.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
thx for cheering up!! god bless u!!! my wife came to india to meet me and she is returning back to canada in couple of days so just want to ensure that we receive passport before she leaves!!

cdngrl said:
It's difficult waiting.. especially when there are no updates. Remember some never get an In Progress status change. There have even been people who have got Decision made updates made to their file once they recd their pp in hand..

Stay positive.. I'm sure ND is working the final steps.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
cdngrl said:
this is only a suggestion and of course its totally upto you both how you want to proceed... but when you're wife gets her new pp why not keep her maiden name on it, so that it matches her PR and then once she becomes a citizen ( if you plan on going that route THEN get the name changed on her pp.

I have no experience with Indian passports what so ever. So if what I said makes no sense.. disregard it. But I do know that when I husband added my name to his passport he got a new pp in a couple of weeks. But this was in India...
I was thinking abt that option..change the name in the citizenship application...which is very very easy.

But, There is a big problem when she applies for her OCI when her old Indian PP will have her maiden name and the Canadian PP will have my surname.
It is listed for the OCI application if the name does not match the Canadian Docs u provided then its a big issue.
These idiots have screwed everything for NRI's and they screw you more once you renounce your citizenship !

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
fprince said:
I was thinking abt that option..change the name in the citizenship application...which is very very easy.

But, There is a big problem when she applies for her OCI when her old Indian PP will have her maiden name and the Canadian PP will have my surname.
It is listed for the OCI application if the name does not match the Canadian Docs u provided then its a big issue.
These idiots have screwed everything for NRI's and they screw you more once you renounce your citizenship !
Ok if that's the case, once she becomes a Canadian ( with her maiden name still on pp and PR card) to make sure its consistent with her Indian one.. atleast she will get her OCI and then you can always change her name on her Cdn pp as I am sure this will be so much more easier.. I don't know all the details as to how this works... just a thought.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
cdngrl said:
Ok if that's the case, once she becomes a Canadian ( with her maiden name still on pp and PR card) to make sure its consistent with her Indian one.. atleast she will get her OCI and then you can always change her name on her Cdn pp as I am sure this will be so much more easier.. I don't know all the details as to how this works... just a thought.
Having a OCI card and sticker with a maiden name and carrying the canadian passport with my surname is sure asking for trouble when she goes to India and explaining why and how she got married.

I have to figure this out...but looks like am gonna do the name change on her indian PP first which can ease things off.
And yes, doing the same thing in India is easy like you said..not in Toronto, they ask you way too many questions..
i am sure i will share this nightmare in sept 8)

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Just posted this note on a different thread, thought would share what is required for landing.

COPR is a MUST.
B4 can be filled by the applicant or the border official will do it when you land.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5114-eng.html

Declaring your goods
When you arrive in Canada, even if you have no goods with you at the time of entry, you must give your list of goods to the border services officer at the first point of arrival in Canada. Based on the list of goods you submit, the officer will complete a Form B4 (PDF, 83 KB), Personal Effects Accounting Document, for you, assign a file number to it and give you a copy of the completed form as a receipt. You will need to present your copy of the form to claim free importation of your unaccompanied goods when they arrive.

You can make the process easier by filling out Form B4 as completely as possible in advance, Form B4 is available by selecting “Publications and forms” on the CBSA Web site or by calling the Border Information Service at one of the telephone numbers listed in the section called “Additional information.”

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
fprince said:
Having a OCI card and sticker with a maiden name and carrying the canadian passport with my surname is sure asking for trouble when she goes to India and explaining why and how she got married.

I have to figure this out...but looks like am gonna do the name change on her indian PP first which can ease things off.
And yes, doing the same thing in India is easy like you said..not in Toronto, they ask you way too many questions..
i am sure i will share this nightmare in sept 8)
atleast.. your wife will be with you this time.. unlike the craziness you both had to endure with ND

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
cdngrl said:
atleast.. you're wife will be with you this time.. unlike the craziness you both had to endure with ND
So true, when is your Hubby's ETA?
Any flights you are looking at?