+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
cdngrl said:
some conflicting ideas... as long as the applicant has the COPR all is well IMO
And you are sure that the 3 page manual had carons?
Ok sorry to ask again...yoru COPR? did it have a carbon
You 3 page manual/...

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
How the Canada Post strike will affect you

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/canada-post-strike.asp

Notice
Canada’s postal service is on strike. Find out how this affects you.
How the Canada Post strike will affect you

The Canada Post Corporation and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers failed to reach a deal on negotiating a new collective agreement. As a result, the postal workers began a strike and will not accept, process or deliver mail to you effective 11:59 PM EDT Thursday, June 2, 2011.

This will affect you if:

* you are submitting an application for temporary residence or wish to extend your status
* you are submitting a new application (permanent residence or citizenship) or missing documents
* your status is about to expire and you have not yet submitted an application to extend your status
* your status expires during the strike
* you are now out of status
* you have already sent your application but it might not have arrived before the strike

If you are applying from overseas and you have not already sent your application, you can send it by courier or wait until the end of the postal strike.

Find out more about how the strike is affecting processing times, your application status and fee payments or contact us.
Submitting an application for temporary residence or extending your status

If you are already in Canada and wish to apply for a Study Permit, a Work Permit, an Off-Campus Work Permit or a Post-Graduation Work Permit, or you wish to Extend Your Stay as a Visitor, you are strongly encouraged to submit your application online. Find out how to complete an online application.
Submitting a new application (permanent residence or citizenship) or missing documents

All application forms and guides can be downloaded and most forms will need to be couriered to us.

If you choose to use a courier, please make sure to submit your completed application to the address provided in the application package, ensuring that you include the fee receipt and all the necessary documents.

Ensure you provide an e-mail address when you fill out your application form so that Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) may communicate with you by e-mail.
Your status is about to expire during the strike

If your temporary resident status (e.g., as a worker, student or visitor) is about to expire, you should ensure that your application to extend your status is received by CIC before your status expires as shown on your immigration document. If you do this, your period of authorized stay as a temporary resident will be extended by law until a decision is made and you are notified. In this case, you are considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that time, as long as you stay in Canada.

Note: “Implied status” only applies if your conditions do not change. For example, if you apply to renew your study permit and the permit expires before you receive an answer, you can continue to study in Canada until you receive a decision. If you hold a work permit, you may continue working under the same conditions as your previous work permit while on implied status if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada as a worker.

As a temporary measure, if your status is about to expire during the postal strike and you cannot use online applications or courier services to extend your status as a temporary resident, CIC will grant you an implied status for the length of the strike. In that case, you will be given a one-month grace period after the strike to submit an application to extend your status without having to restore your status.
You have lost your status

You may apply to restore your status only if you have not been out of status for more than 90 days.

After you apply to restore your status, you may stay in Canada until a decision is made on your application, but you are not allowed to work or study until your status has been restored. There is no guarantee that your application will be approved.

Applications to restore status must be made from within Canada – restoration cannot be granted at ports of entry. If you leave Canada, you will be deemed to be seeking a new entry on your return and will not be eligible for status restoration.
Restoration period

If you cannot use online applications or courier services to restore your status in Canada, as a temporary measure, CIC may grant you more time to submit the application as described below.
If … Then … Example
your 90-day restoration period falls over the period of the postal strike, the restoration period may be extended by the same number of days as the length of the strike. If the strike lasts for 10 days, you will be given an extra 10 days immediately after the end of the postal strike to submit your application.
your 90-day restoration period ends during the postal strike, the restoration period may be extended after the end of the strike by the balance of days remaining in your 90-day period, calculated from the start of the strike. If you had 5 days left in your restoration period when the strike started, you will be given an extra 5 days immediately after the end of the strike to submit your application.
You have already sent your application but it might not have arrived before the strike

If you have submitted an application and you are concerned that it might not be received because of the postal strike, you should keep all of your receipts, which will be an indication that your application is in process. If the application is urgent and it meets CIC’s criteria for urgent processing, you are advised to re-send your application via courier and request a refund on your original payment after the strike is over.
Processing times and application status

Please note that the estimated application processing times in Canada available on the website may be longer than expected given the interruption in mail services. You may be able to view your application status online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please be aware that our automated voice response system at the CIC National Call Centre may also be able to provide you with information about the status of your application.
Fee payment

For your application to be considered complete, you must include the correct fee payment. Due to the postal strike, you are encouraged to pay the fees online. This service is available for most immigration and citizenship applications.

You may also pay fees at a Canadian financial institution. If you cannot or do not want to pay online, you must get an original receipt of payment form IMM 5401 so that you can pay at a financial institution (such as a bank or Western Union). You must include a copy of this receipt when you apply. Normally, the HPM receipt (IMM 5401) is ordered online or through the CIC Call Centre and mailed to the applicant. However, due to the postal strike, if you want to pay the fees at a Canadian financial institution, you may go to your local CIC office and request the IMM 5401 in person. You may consult the CIC website for information on offices open to the public and their operating hours.

Please note that application fees will not be accepted at local offices.

Incorrect or missing fee payments or incomplete applications may result in additional delays in processing your application.
Contact us

You may contact the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time, except for statutory holidays.

Please note that the Case Processing Centres in Vegreville (Alberta), Mississauga (Ontario) and Sydney (Nova Scotia), and the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney are not open to the public.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Doing the immigration papers is so boring! :(

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
fprince said:
You 3 page manual/...
If you geta single page dont worry. a proper one will be printed at the airport. We would get the same things when I worked there.Either a full 3 page carbon copy or one that just allowed officers at the airport to print what they needed. No one needs to stress.

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
fprince said:
You 3 page manual/...
I will confirm today and let you know

waiting4it

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Passport Req..
28-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
fprince said:
1. 1 year from the date you did the medicals, when did you do it
2. Doesnt matter you already submitted one, they will do the BC
3. If your PP expires soon or within 6 months before Visa is issued they will need a New Passport. ..IF PP expires before medicals validity does, again they wont issue it on that PP.
So lets say your PP should be valid for more than 1 year from the time you did your medicals.

If this is the case, sorry it was the applicants mistake as it is a RULE for most counrties Visa process.

So they sent your PP back as it is expiring soon? they can not send it back cos your pic was old, my chic looked like a kid in her PP and they had no issues with that.

One more thing, these guys make it complicated.
NOW as you are married check what kind of info they need for the new passport, i read that they will require an attested marriage certificate
Check all documents you need before you apply to avoid furthur delay.
Thanks for the reply. No my passport is valid for more than 1 year from right now. So none of the passport expiry conditions hold valid for me. Picture can be an issue because once one of my cousins was sent back from the airport because his pic was too old and he had to apply for a new passport.

Can you please tell me what do you mean by -"does not matter you already sent one. They will do BC." Do you mean PCC is valid forever and they will definitely do a BC on me now?

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
Fprince - talked to hubby....

His COPR is a 3 sheets with carbon copy in between.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
waiting4it said:
Thanks for the reply. No my passport is valid for more than 1 year from right now. So none of the passport expiry conditions hold valid for me. Picture can be an issue because once one of my cousins was sent back from the airport because his pic was too old and he had to apply for a new passport.

Can you please tell me what do you mean by -"does not matter you already sent one. They will do BC." Do you mean PCC is valid forever and they will definitely do a BC on me now?
I meant you already did a PCC with your old passport and u are still in India.
You do not require a new PPC and when they do your BC all will be fine.
You do need to get a new Passport but you do not need to redo your medicals/PCC jus cos you have a New PP.

All is fine, just send those dumb ones your new PP...i hope you alreay applied. and when does your medicals expire?

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
cdngrl said:
Fprince - talked to hubby....

His COPR is a 3 sheets with carbon copy in between.
Thank you..all is fine...
NO more contact with CHC ND, that is key ;D

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
fprince said:
Thank you..all is fine...
NO more contact with CHC ND, that is key ;D
As fed up as I am... I can only imagine how much contact you want with ND.

The COPR your wife has is all she needs. Right now all your focus should be counting down the days till she gets here

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi all,

I wish to apply for Canadian PR under family class from New Delhi.
Kindly advice me on the following:

1. How does the immigration dept. notifies that the file has been transfered from Mississauga to New Delhi? Does it appear on the online status check?

2. Can I receive the passport request via email when my passport will be required for the High Commission for stamping.

3. When I receive the passport submission request from High Commission, do I need to submit my passport to VFS or I can send it directly to the High Commission.

4. Can I submit the passport by dropping it to the nearest Canadian embassy or it has to be send via post to New Delhi?

Appreciate your help!
Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
1. It shows online update that file is transferred
2. You may get a call or letter or email for pp request
3. You need to directly send the passport to CHC. VFS does not play any role
4. You cannot drop your passport to CHC, you need to send it via secure mail, like registered indian post or Bluedart.

rrv said:
Hi all,

1. How does the immigration dept. notifies that the file has been transfered from Mississauga to New Delhi? Does it appear on the online status check?

2. Can I receive the passport request via email when my passport will be required for the High Commission for stamping.

3. When I receive the passport submission request from High Commission, do I need to submit my passport to VFS or I can send it directly to the High Commission.

4. Can I submit the passport by dropping it to the nearest Canadian embassy or it has to be send via post to New Delhi?

Appreciate your help!
Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
could you please tell me that did your husband get passport through normal Indian registered post or Indian speed post or any other courier service
cdngrl said:
As fed up as I am... I can only imagine how much contact you want with ND.

The COPR your wife has is all she needs. Right now all your focus should be counting down the days till she gets here

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
rrv said:
Hi all,

Appreciate your help!
Thanks
1. You get a Sponsorship approved letter from CPC Miss and it usually takes 30-40 days
2. Usually it is a PPR letter for CHC ND, if your case has been delayed or something sometimes they reply to your email or call you
3. directly to ND OFFICE ONLY
4. = 3

All the best and trends change all the time..this is what i have seen for the last 6 months.