+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
DNT2003 said:
Yeah I will definately go and pick up my spouse, she has never travelled on a plane before, and when I went there in Feb 2011, we went to Kerala, it was her first time being on Flight (never fly IndiGo - the bus seats are better than IndiGo's) and I wouldn't feel comfortable she coming alone, as she doesn't speak English at all, also if I go I will get to say goodbye to India and family... for sometime, not going back for atleast 2 years or so, unless ofcourse my wife has a wish... then we will go.... for a short visit, and ofcourse make use of that OCI.... have to make about 4 Trips to India to cover the cost of OCI fees. It has been my dream to bring her to Canada with me.... all the way from our village.

I'll be honest, when I left india on March 26th I didn't break into tears until I saw few couples who looked like it was their first time, but the part where YOU are ALONE hurts the most.

Pray for me, and hope all is well, and I did check the tickets are cheap until end of June, then they start to rise.... (I will have trouble in July will be hard to afford because price just doubles!!)

Checked today: June 29 single ticket from BOM to YYZ = 685 (25 hours journey) or 708 (19 hours journey)

DNT2003

@ DNT2003

mate....u will b fine.....few more days to go.....u r half way through.....and i am sure u will hear the good news soon :)

stay positive :)

good luck

Vegan

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
14-03-2011
File Transfer...
04-03-2011
Interview........
04-05-2011
Passport Req..
22-03-2011
gagansingh said:
@ vegan...
congrats for the intereview :)
all the best and good luck
dont forget to share the experience with the rest
Thanks Gagansingh!
Yes, for sure I will!

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
hi all...

it's thursday in india....new day with new hopes...lets hope that thursday brings the good news/updates for people who are waiting in the queue before chc nd closes for the long weekend

all the best and good luck :)

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
The long weekend will hurt a bit, its one FULL day of work, and usually when people come back from holiday they are not in the correct mood to start the week. I hope its not the same for ND VOs.

Fingers crossed!!!

DNT2003

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
DNT2003 said:
The long weekend will hurt a bit, its one FULL day of work, and usually when people come back from holiday they are not in the correct mood to start the week. I hope its not the same for ND VOs.

Fingers crossed!!!

DNT2003

@ DNT2003

stay positive mate....and u will overcome with this waiting game :)

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
gagansingh said:
@ fprince...

any thing new @ ur end? any e-cas update/change?
No man, nothing for me..
This week is done, so maybe i'll get a PR next week.

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
@ Vegan.
Congratulations and good luck for the interview. I hope, after the interview is over, they tell you that your visa is approved and collect it tomorrow from office.

Vegan said:
Thanks Gagansingh!
Yes, for sure I will!

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
AAMIN (amen) to that.... I hope so tooo

DNT2003

fprince said:
No man, nothing for me..
This week is done, so maybe i'll get a PR next week.

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2011 (Letter Recd: 20 Apr 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
5 May 2011 (Passport Recd: 11 May 2011)
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
senshalu said:
Are you guys checking with the client ID you got with the sponser approval or do you have any other numbers to check?

I sponsored for my wife and i am check ecas with the client ID number i got with the sponser approval which i received from mississauga. We sent her passport already after PPR and there is no updates after that. I am just wondering i should keep checking with my client ID or she should have an ID to check?
Yes, your client id should give you all the information.

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
@ fprince, gagansingh, DNT2003

Thanks guys. It certainly feels very exciting.

Yes, I'm planning on sending them all they have asked for and more - they will get a bunch of documents ;D I got my wife to scan and email me the letter and they have an odd list of documents for proof of residency...and it's almost written in a way assuming I do not currently reside in Canada!!! Something else that is odd is how the requirements are written; you would think VOs at a Canadian Embassy will know how to write a letter professionally ::) I will create another post with what is in the letter.

Now that we have the file number, I'm also thinking I will send them some proof of continued contact after my return to Canada, i.e. phone bills, money transfer receipts, photos of her attending one of my relative's wedding, etc. Hoping that way she does not get called for an interview.

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
Here is extract of the main portion of the letter:

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

 Valid passport or travel document for yourself This must be received at this office by: 05/27/2011
 Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver’s licenses, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient PLS PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT YOUR SPONSOR INTENDS TO RESIDE IN CDA. This must be received at this office by: 05/27/2011
 for yourself Please inform when and where and with which doctor did you undergo medicals exams This must be received at this office by: 05/27/2011
(Date format is MM/DD/YYYY)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
avibis said:
@ fprince, gagansingh, DNT2003

Thanks guys. It certainly feels very exciting.

Yes, I'm planning on sending them all they have asked for and more - they will get a bunch of documents ;D I got my wife to scan and email me the letter and they have an odd list of documents for proof of residency...and it's almost written in a way assuming I do not currently reside in Canada!!! Something else that is odd is how the requirements are written; you would think VOs at a Canadian Embassy will know how to write a letter professionally ::) I will create another post with what is in the letter.

Now that we have the file number, I'm also thinking I will send them some proof of continued contact after my return to Canada, i.e. phone bills, money transfer receipts, photos of her attending one of my relative's wedding, etc. Hoping that way she does not get called for an interview.
Can't wait to see the dumb a$$ letter from delhi :)
very good thinking on the continued contact documents, being proactive once ND contacts you is always for the best and less worry.
Please post more about the letter, i would really like to see what kind of documentation they asked from you to prove you live physically in Canada.

Just curious, cos this is the first time i have seen this kind of request.
Did you travel anywhere after you sent the application to Miss?
wondering what triggered the request as in your case you have not even been delayed for them to ask this from you..

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
avibis said:
Here is extract of the main portion of the letter:

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

 Valid passport or travel document for yourself This must be received at this office by: 05/27/2011
 Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver's licenses, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient PLS PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT YOUR SPONSOR INTENDS TO RESIDE IN CDA. This must be received at this office by: 05/27/2011
 for yourself Please inform when and where and with which doctor did you undergo medicals exams This must be received at this office by: 05/27/2011
(Date format is MM/DD/YYYY)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
In the last 6 months i have seen ND do crazy things every 3 months, don worry.
This could be a standard PPR request for all new applicants around this time..this looks like a generic fu$king request.

Thanks for sharing and i expect the same letter when she gets it. Usually ND does all these random things so when you sample them you can not come to a conclusion on their process or the way they send out documentation. They just keep changing the order..ppr/doc request...doc req/ppr..ecas updates, the in process status ect..

This really helps, others waiting for PPR..Take note..