+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
fprince said:
Hi nylalisa ,

Did you sort that transit visa out? i am not sure if you really need a transit visa unless you leave the airport or have to stay inside the airport for # number of hours, each country has a different rule..hope things work for you smoothly :)
Hey, no the US just changed their rules and unless you are from a Visa Waiver Country, then you need a transit visa. I know most countries are like that, as long as you don't leave you can transit through. In the US I dont see the big deal since he would be with me and we are litterally just coming across the border.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
nylalisa said:
Hey, no the US just changed their rules and unless you are from a Visa Waiver Country, then you need a transit visa. I know most countries are like that, as long as you don't leave you can transit through. In the US I dont see the big deal since he would be with me and we are litterally just coming across the border.
Yes and i think since this is for landing in Canada, should be straight forward.

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
sanyrog said:
Thanks.

Missinghim,

its so sick of ND to do that.. even though u ve requested so many times to change the address, they still sent the ppt to ur old address.. whew..
Yes Sanyrog...they caused us a lot of worry and I was and still upset at them but guess what... we got the visa...well, it's with my husband's dad in Delhi. He went to the nearest post office to the embassy and caught it before it was sent back to the embassy. We are in Bangalore so next week he's flying to see us and bringing it to us. Im so happy. We also got some of our photos back lol

Details: our visa was stamped in his passport on March 4th. Our file was received at the embassy on January 10 So we had a really quick processing time but this recent scare caused us a lot of stress especially since we didnt know how much time they would give us to land. But the good news is we have til next January 2012 to land!! We are so relieved!!!

But we are going back together on July 18th. Well he's going on a different flight than me cuz we have 2 dogs to bring with us and they cant go on my airline. So he's booking with another airline.

Also just want to add for furture applicants that foreign travel in our case did not affect our processing time. Also, i didnt change my surname to my husband's surname. We also didnt have a big or traditional wedding. My husband and I are frm different cultures too. So everyone's situation is different!!!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
nisha09 said:
Thanks a lot fprince...

Hey....you are also from Tamilnadu....Dont worry...Your wife will be getting her PPR and her visa very soon.....
Yes i am ! and have you booked your tickets yet?
sorry to ask you this again, how many days did it take for the PPR to reach TN?

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
missinghim said:
Yes Sanyrog...they caused us a lot of worry and I was and still upset at them but guess what... we got the visa...well, it's with my husband's dad in Delhi. He went to the nearest post office to the embassy and caught it before it was sent back to the embassy. We are in Bangalore so next week he's flying to see us and bringing it to us. Im so happy. We also got some of our photos back lol

Details: our visa was stamped in his passport on March 4th. Our file was received at the embassy on January 10 So we had a really quick processing time but this recent scare caused us a lot of stress especially since we didnt know how much time they would give us to land. But the good news is we have til next January 2012 to land!! We are so relieved!!!

But we are going back together on July 18th. Well he's going on a different flight than me cuz we have 2 dogs to bring with us and they cant go on my airline. So he's booking with another airline.

Also just want to add for furture applicants that foreign travel in our case did not affect our processing time. Also, i didnt change my surname to my husband's surname. We also didnt have a big or traditional wedding. My husband and I are frm different cultures too. So everyone's situation is different!!!
CONGRATS !
"But the good news is we have til next January 2012 to land!! We are so relieved!!!"
- Doesn't the medicals expire in april 11? ND does so many unpredicatable things :)
Works for you..so happy for you..

lama21

Jan 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-03-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
30-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2011
LANDED..........
01-06-2011
Congrats Nisha and Aasurania :D !!

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
We submitted medicals twice.

With our application to Mississauga. And then again when our file was transferred to Delhi (we did it voluntarily). Jan 28, 2011 hubby redid his medicals because the original medicals were to expire in april 2011 and we didnt know if New Delhi would be quick to process our case. If they werent they would ask us to redo them and we didnt want a delay.

Also my hubby needs time to land (job, etc) so we thought we would redo them to give ourselves plenty of time to land.

challenger485

Jan 5, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status: Decision made on 29th visa received may 4
missinghim said:
We submitted medicals twice.

With our application to Mississauga. And then again when our file was transferred to Delhi (we did it voluntarily). Jan 28, 2011 hubby redid his medicals because the original medicals were to expire in april 2011 and we didnt know if New Delhi would be quick to process our case. If they werent they would ask us to redo them and we didnt want a delay.

Also my hubby needs time to land (job, etc) so we thought we would redo them to give ourselves plenty of time to land.
Hey,
On which address did he send his medicals then.
My police clearance was expired before I sent my file. I had police clearance certificate dated october 2010. I am wondering should I apply for police clearance again to avoid delay.

waitingforwife

Oct 22, 2010
MTL
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Passport Req..
25-01-2011 delivered 08 Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2011 DM 04-04-2011 Recieved 08-04-2011
LANDED..........
12-04-2011
nisha09 said:
Hi all,

I got my passport back with visa today...very very happy moment..... :)..
It was dated March 9, 2011 and was posted on March 10..and I received today, ie 18th march, 2011 through registered mail, and I am residing at pondicherry, a UT next to chennai...
Congrats Nisha09

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
def_col_male said:
@ missinghim

Big congrats that you cud finally made it without much delay!!
Happy for you :)

Thank you so much :) We are happy. My kids will always have their dad with them every day never ever to be separated again! This is very special. He's an awesome dad and husband! We decided to settle in Canada and we are thankful we are done.

Challenger485: He sent the medicals to the indian embassy. The same address we sent passport too after PPR.
If Mississauga accepted your police at the time of submission of your app then you should be ok.
They should not be more than 3 mths old at the time you submit to mississauga. Our FBI checks were just in time!!!

challenger485

Jan 5, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status: Decision made on 29th visa received may 4
missinghim said:
Thank you so much :) We are happy. My kids will always have their dad with them every day never ever to be separated again! This is very special. He's an awesome dad and husband! We decided to settle in Canada and we are thankful we are done.

Challenger485: He sent the medicals to the indian embassy. The same address we sent passport too after PPR.
If Mississauga accepted your police at the time of submission of your app then you should be ok.
They should not be more than 3 mths old at the time you submit to mississauga. Our FBI checks were just in time!!!
thanks. what do you advise should we do police clearance before they N delhi ask? and we also missed one document region specific form "Details of foreign travel". Please advice to avoid delay. I am getting worried now

thanks

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@challenger485

I guess you can not send anything before you get your file number and file number usually comes with the PPR. And most of the times ND mentions all other documents needed in the PPR letter itself so you will anyhow come to know about it from your PPR. so wait for the PPR..........

nisha09

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-20101
Doc's Request.
03-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
27-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2011
Thanks waitingforwife and lama...

@fprince

I havent booked my ticket yet and it took 10 days for me to get my PPR through ordinary post...that is my PPR is dated 17th december and I got it on 27th december 2010...

Hope it helps..

fprince said:
Yes i am ! and have you booked your tickets yet?
sorry to ask you this again, how many days did it take for the PPR to reach TN?

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
challenger485 said:
thanks. what do you advise should we do police clearance before they N delhi ask? and we also missed one document region specific form "Details of foreign travel". Please advice to avoid delay. I am getting worried now

thanks
Hi Challenger485,
You dont need to submit new police clearance checks if you are sure you submitted them with application to Missisauga within 3 mths of getting them done. Just be sure of this. I'll just repeat that if Mississauga accepted your police at the time of submission of your app then you should be ok. The rule is: They should not be more than 3 mths old at the time you submit to mississauga. Our FBI checks were just in time!!!

As for the form "Details of foreign travel"... thats very important.
But Def-col-male is right...best to send it when you have a file number. You could request it from the embassy by case specific inquiry. Hopefully they'll respond. How about faxing them a letter or courier it to them (it will be fast and they may respond. Maybe someone else on here knows how to find it besides on the ppr letter. I know you can get it frm Missisauga.. thats how I got my file number initially. I didnt wait til my PPR letter. You could also send it with client no. name, dob..all the details you have at this point... but it would be better if you had the file no. Ask Nylalisa because I recall her getting her file no. before she got ppr. She may be able to help you if you dont get it frm the call centre.

If you have foreign travel you need to fill out that form. If you dont want a delay in the end