+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
sumptuous said:
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site. I submitted sponsorship application for my wife and it was received in Missisuaga by January 30, 2012. I got an email on April 30, 2012 from OttPilot-Immigration saying that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my application was forward to ACCRA for PR processing.
Since May 1, 2012, application status for my spouse on ecas has been " we received your application on January 30, 2012, Medical results have been received" and nothing has changed since then.
The thread for ACCRA seems not be very active. I have searched to see if there are other people that have recently applied (say from October 2011 through January 2012) to see what their timelines are, but I have not been able to find.
Please if there is anyone out there applying for Family Class Sponsorship PR through ACCRA and you are viewing this message, please register and share your timelines and give us some hope. It is really hard to be away from the love of your life. I miss my wife too much.

You should receive a letter inviting your wwife for interview anytime from now. Just put your efforts at gettting supporting documents ready for now..

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fernendez said:

You should receive a letter inviting your wwife for interview anytime from now. Just put your efforts at gettting supporting documents ready for now..
hi fernendez, I'm hoping to hear from ACCRA soon. what's your timeline like? there is no one here who had applied within the last 5 to 8 months.

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumptuous said:
I am from Nigeria and my wife is also Nigerian.
I got an email this morning asking my spouse to come for an interview in August. I am very happy about knowing that day by day we are getting closer to re-uniting.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
sumptuous said:
I got an email this morning asking my spouse to come for an interview in August. I am very happy about knowing that day by day we are getting closer to re-uniting.

Congrats. Its time to start preparing and getting documents together.

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fernendez said:
Congrats. Its time to start preparing and getting documents together.
Thanks Fernendez, I'm already doing that.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
sumptuous said:
I am really happy they are using 8mths for processing of both 1st & 2nd stage approval , I thought it was going to take about 18-20 mths for both. Congrats buddy .

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
Congrats inlimbo. ify how far with your case.best of luck to everyone

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
MAKY said:
Congrats inlimbo. ify how far with your case.best of luck to everyone
Thanks :) I'm eagerly waiting for the request for my husband to resubmit the expired police check and medical exam. I need my life in one piece!

edogirl

Jun 12, 2012
Hello everyone.
I applied to sponsor my wife and 4 kids on January 23rd 2012. We received a mail saying I was eligible for sponsorship and our file had been sent to accra for further processing on May 31st. Please is there anyone who has sponsored both spouse and dependent children? And how long did it take? Thanks

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edogirl said:
Hello everyone.
I applied to sponsor my wife and 4 kids on January 23rd 2012. We received a mail saying I was eligible for sponsorship and our file had been sent to accra for further processing on May 31st. Please is there anyone who has sponsored both spouse and dependent children? And how long did it take? Thanks
your case may be more complicated than you think. there may be some questions. for you to have 4 kids you must have been married for at least 4 years or did you have those kids before you married your wife? or are those kids adopted? Assuming if you have been married to ur wife more than 4 years, when did you become a permanent resident or citizen of Canada? when u became PR did u declare them as unaccompanied dependents?

Please explain your case and it will help estimate what Accra might require of you.

edogirl

Jun 12, 2012
My wife and I have been married for 25 years. We are both Nigerian. I became a permanent resident in July 2011 and in January 2012, I applied to sponsor my wife and children. Everyone here seems to have sponsored only their spouse so I was wondering if there is anyone who might have had the same case with me so I can have an idea of the duration of wait. Yes,my children were declared as dependants when I applied for pr. Matter of fact, I applied for pr for us all but there was some problem in Accra and only I was granted PR. I was going to reject it and start over with my family but I was advised to go and land, get my pr card, then re-apply for my family. Which is what I am doing now.

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edogirl said:
My wife and I have been married for 25 years. We are both Nigerian. I became a permanent resident in July 2011 and in January 2012, I applied to sponsor my wife and children. Everyone here seems to have sponsored only their spouse so I was wondering if there is anyone who might have had the same case with me so I can have an idea of the duration of wait. Yes,my children were declared as dependants when I applied for pr. Matter of fact, I applied for pr for us all but there was some problem in Accra and only I was granted PR. I was going to reject it and start over with my family but I was advised to go and land, get my pr card, then re-apply for my family. Which is what I am doing now.
your case will require medical, criminal and background checks on your dependents if they are over 18, and it will obviously add to your timeline. Hopefully someone who has gone through your situation will respond to your query.

If you don't mind, what was the reason that only you was granted PR? have you addressed it in your new application?