+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

M

myboo

fernendez said:
I think the process in Accra has to be revamped! It appears to be a different Visa office from others!

@ fernendez are u still waiting for ur visa?

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
Re: Thread for Accra Ghana applicants

fernendez said:
I think the process in Accra has to be revamped! It appears to be a different Visa office from others!
There needs to be an investigation of this office. I think there are way too many applications there. I also fully support the Auditor General's comments about immigration and that that too much energy goes into rejecting visas and not enough inquiry into the visas actually given.

Accra wasted precious time in our lives. Proper inquiry was not made into information in our file and instead, needlessly assessing the genuineness of our relationship took a year to get to. The interview was a waste of time. Then another 14 months was spent verifying our history and background checking. The grounds my husband was rejected on weren't discussed at all in the interview. How is this justified? I'm also disgusted by the mocking tone of the rejection letter, inviting me to appeal the decision if I 'felt that some aspect of procedural fairness wasn't met'. Are they kidding me? Of course there were faults in the procedural fairness!

I also wonder every day about why we are asked to update our family situation if it changed. It didn't matter one bit that ours changed. I'm very disappointed in this very black and white, inhumane and far too political method in determining the direction of our lives.

I wonder how often the visa officers change. Does anyone know?

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
For some strange reasons Manila and New Delhi offices are so fast even though CIC website clearly states that a lot of marriage fraud goes on there. Why would the embassies in Africa reject innocent people with real relationships/ Don't we think there is something about this? Even at Manila, I have never heard of anyone been invited or an interview when we all know what obtains there!!! I pray God intervene soon.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Accra has produced lotsof favourable responses in the recent future for Nigerians marrying Nigerians, is what I find. But because of the many, many fraudulent marriages "conducted" between Nigerians and non-Nigerians, I think CIC is sooo suspicious and tends to deal with such applications which more like a "guilty till proven innocent" approach which is most unfair on the genuine couples. I can only say "Shame on those perpetuating these fake immigration marriages" because they are causing such pain and hurt to the real married couples that are separated from their loved ones.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
I had my appeal hearing last week and the appeal was approved on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
Does anyone know how quickly reprocessing is done in Accra these days? Does anyone have anything positive to report?

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inlimbo said:
I had my appeal hearing last week and the appeal was approved on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
Does anyone know how quickly reprocessing is done in Accra these days? Does anyone have anything positive to report?
Congrats inlimbo, i have my adr in June. Good luck to all!
I've heard of someone getting the visa within about 3 months from when their appeal was approved.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
livin said:
Congrats inlimbo, i have my adr in June. Good luck to all!
I've heard of someone getting the visa within about 3 months from when their appeal was approved.
If that's the case, I can handle that. Phew. 3 months isn't so bad.
Do you know of anyone that has applied for a TRV while waiting for the PR to finish up?

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inlimbo said:
If that's the case, I can handle that. Phew. 3 months isn't so bad.
Do you know of anyone that has applied for a TRV while waiting for the PR to finish up?
No i haven't heard of anyone. You might want to ask Leon. He is pretty good with answering questions.

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site. I submitted sponsorship application for my wife and it was received in Missisuaga by January 30, 2012. I got an email on April 30, 2012 from OttPilot-Immigration saying that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my application was forward to ACCRA for PR processing.
Since May 1, 2012, application status for my spouse on ecas has been " we received your application on January 30, 2012, Medical results have been received" and nothing has changed since then.
The thread for ACCRA seems not be very active. I have searched to see if there are other people that have recently applied (say from October 2011 through January 2012) to see what their timelines are, but I have not been able to find.
Please if there is anyone out there applying for Family Class Sponsorship PR through ACCRA and you are viewing this message, please register and share your timelines and give us some hope. It is really hard to be away from the love of your life. I miss my wife too much.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
sumptuous said:
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site. I submitted sponsorship application for my wife and it was received in Missisuaga by January 30, 2012. I got an email on April 30, 2012 from OttPilot-Immigration saying that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my application was forward to ACCRA for PR processing.
Since May 1, 2012, application status for my spouse on ecas has been " we received your application on January 30, 2012, Medical results have been received" and nothing has changed since then.
The thread for ACCRA seems not be very active. I have searched to see if there are other people that have recently applied (say from October 2011 through January 2012) to see what their timelines are, but I have not been able to find.
Please if there is anyone out there applying for Family Class Sponsorship PR through ACCRA and you are viewing this message, please register and share your timelines and give us some hope. It is really hard to be away from the love of your life. I miss my wife too much.
I suspect you will receive notice from Accra very soon, that they've started processing your file. Be patient. It will be ok :)

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inlimbo said:
I suspect you will receive notice from Accra very soon, that they've started processing your file. Be patient. It will be ok :)
Thanks inlimbo

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
sumptuous said:
Thanks inlimbo
My timeline was something like: Letter dated May 18, for sponsorship approval and letter of file received in Accra, June 15...