+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

edogirl

Jun 12, 2012
sumptuous said:
your case will require medical, criminal and background checks on your dependents if they are over 18, and it will obviously add to your timeline. Hopefully someone who has gone through your situation will respond to your query.

If you don't mind, what was the reason that only you was granted PR? have you addressed it in your new application?
I have a daughter who is a Canadian citizen. She was the one who applied to sponsor me initially. She is a step daughter to my wife. Her mom was my first wife but she is late now. Also, my 4 kids are her half-siblings. So I think it is because of the kind of (somewhat complicated) relationship that only I was granted PR. As for medicals and police report, we did all that before we submitted our application in january. During my first application process, I was told to do DNA test to prove my children were mine which I did and the results were sent to them. So as far as medicals go, I believe we have done everything. And yes, I addressed all this in my new application.

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edogirl said:
I have a daughter who is a Canadian citizen. She was the one who applied to sponsor me initially. She is a step daughter to my wife. Her mom was my first wife but she is late now. Also, my 4 kids are her half-siblings. So I think it is because of the kind of (somewhat complicated) relationship that only I was granted PR. As for medicals and police report, we did all that before we submitted our application in january. During my first application process, I was told to do DNA test to prove my children were mine which I did and the results were sent to them. So as far as medicals go, I believe we have done everything. And yes, I addressed all this in my new application.
Accra timeline is really improving, but I think they sometimes delay people's application for no reason (my opinion, not a fact). I was contacted after 5 weeks of accra receiving my application from Missisuaga. Hopefully you will hear from Accra within 2months of them receiving your file. All you can do now is keep praying for faster processing.

edogirl

Jun 12, 2012
sumptuous said:
Accra timeline is really improving, but I think they sometimes delay people's application for no reason (my opinion, not a fact). I was contacted after 5 weeks of accra receiving my application from Missisuaga. Hopefully you will hear from Accra within 2months of them receiving your file. All you can do now is keep praying for faster processing.
Alright. Thanks a lot :)

M

myboo

Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! my husband just got his visa today! 6 month processing time , Accra is sure speeding things up.

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myboo said:
Gloryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! my husband just got his visa today! 6 month processing time , Accra is sure speeding things up.
Congrats! would you mind sharing some of your husband's experience with Accra Interview?

M

myboo

sumptuous said:
Congrats! would you mind sharing some of your husband's experience with Accra Interview?
he said when he got there he didn't wait long -maybe about 15mins before he was called. he said it was african canadian lady that interviewed him. he said the lady smiled at him and asked if he was feeling sick. he replied no, then the lady said ok then lets proceed. so she asked him how long we dated before getting married, what i do in canada, how many we are in my family. she also asked him what he is doing now, and if he has any kid..the lady said because if u dont declare them now you can't be able to bring them in later-so he said no we dont have kids. then the lady said "i believe your marriage is genuine come back at 3pm to collect your visa" the interview took about 30mins. BTW, did anybody notice that the processing time for Accra now is 12months? i am excited for people applying now compared to 22months

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myboo said:
he said when he got there he didn't wait long -maybe about 15mins before he was called. he said it was african canadian lady that interviewed him. he said the lady smiled at him and asked if he was feeling sick. he replied no, then the lady said ok then lets proceed. so she asked him how long we dated before getting married, what i do in canada, how many we are in my family. she also asked him what he is doing now, and if he has any kid..the lady said because if u dont declare them now you can't be able to bring them in later-so he said no we dont have kids. then the lady said "i believe your marriage is genuine come back at 3pm to collect your visa" the interview took about 30mins. BTW, did anybody notice that the processing time for Accra now is 12months? i am excited for people applying now compared to 22months
I did notice that the latest update for processing time is 12months. I do appreciate you sharing the interview experience. Thanks

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myboo said:
How did your husband get to Accra? did he bus or fly (what airline?)? All u need to travel from Naija to Accra is ECOWAS Passport?

Overlovers

Jun 13, 2012
sumptuous said:
How did your husband get to Accra? did he bus or fly (what airline?)? All u need to travel from Naija to Accra is ECOWAS Passport?
You only need your ecowas passport to travel to accra, either by bus, aircraft or by witchcraft lol, I used just my passport when travelling to accra last year without hassle. if you have a national identity card, its also acceptable

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Overlovers said:
You only need your ecowas passport to travel to accra, either by bus, aircraft or by witchcraft lol, I used just my passport when travelling to accra last year without hassle. if you have a national identity card, its also acceptable
Thanks

M

myboo

sumptuous said:
he flew to Accra with Aero contractors using his nigeria passport. he was asked at the Airport to show his yellow fever card. he didn't have one so they requested he pays 2000 naira. when he got to Accra he was told that the yellow fever card given to him was FAKE! so Accra gave him the vaccine shot and the card, but i am not sure how much he paid.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Please People , can i go to Nigeria while my application is in process and how long can i stay ? I would like to travel by sept and come back Nov .

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You are sponsoring as a PR, so you are supposed to stay in Canada throughout the processing. However, short vacations away are OK. I'd say one month would be fine.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
canadianwoman said:
You are sponsoring as a PR, so you are supposed to stay in Canada throughout the processing. However, short vacations away are OK. I'd say one month would be fine.
Thanks so much for always being there. :)