Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
myboo said:
hey, @ inlimbo, is your spouse finally here? am pretty new here and i just applied in december....
He's not here yet. Hopefully by mid year. I'm waiting to hear about my appeal.

Our immigration story started in December 2008 when we were denied a visiting visa before we even had intention of residing in Canada. I am currently working on a blog about our experience. I will post a link here later.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Re: Thread for Accra Ghana applicants

inlimbo said:
My dealing with Accra was absolute hell. What a nightmare.
Mine too.
By the way, was the visa officer you dealt with Karen Salloum?

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone that has been refused for spousal sponsorship and appealed share with me their timeline of when they sent the appeal forms, when they received the acknowledgment letter and when they were given a date for adr/hearing?? Just trying to get an idea of how long i have to wait for this nightmare to end. :(

Much appreciated.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
Re: Thread for Accra Ghana applicants

canadianwoman said:
Mine too.
By the way, was the visa officer you dealt with Karen Salloum?
Anthony Chee Chue, was our officer, but wasn't the person that conducted the interview with my husband. He conduced all correspondence after the interview and issued the rejection.
Not my favorite person.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
livin said:
Can anyone that has been refused for spousal sponsorship and appealed share with me their timeline of when they sent the appeal forms, when they received the acknowledgment letter and when they were given a date for adr/hearing?? Just trying to get an idea of how long i have to wait for this nightmare to end. :(

Much appreciated.
I would love to, but I have no news to share.
I sent my appeal request into the Vancouver IRB on September 25, 2011 and I've still heard nothing, not even a confirmation on my request being received. I can't get through on the phone. I'm livid.

My son will be one in less than a month. I'm supposed to go back to work soon, but I don't know how I'm supposed to juggle everything by myself. In the 10 months that it took for Accra to finalize my husband's rejection, we had asked for Humanitarian and Compassionate considerations for the visa because our family situation had changed, and they blatantly ignored us.

I feel like we've been told our family is a piece of garbage that doesn't deserve to exist. I have no energy left for all the ambiguity this situation has caused. I'm disgusted, really.

M

myboo

I sent my appeal request into the Vancouver IRB on September 25, 2011 and I've still heard nothing, not even a confirmation on my request being received. I can't get through on the phone. I'm livid.

My son will be one in less than a month. I'm supposed to go back to work soon, but I don't know how I'm supposed to juggle everything by myself. In the 10 months that it took for Accra to finalize my husband's rejection, we had asked for Humanitarian and Compassionate considerations for the visa because our family situation had changed, and they blatantly ignored us.

I feel like we've been told our family is a piece of garbage that doesn't deserve to exist. I have no energy left for all the ambiguity this situation has caused. I'm disgusted, really.

sorry to hear that Inlimbo and about your son not being able to see his dad on his birthday! i am so terrified by the stories i read about accra...i see you are nigerian, i am nigeria from benin city and i recently just put in our application in december 2011...any idea why u were refused?
[/quote]

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
I'm Canadian, my husband is Nigerian from Aba. Of course I know why he was rejected. It's a funny issue though and we are in a gray zone with everything. He's criminally inadmissable but doesn't have a criminal record. It's ridiculous.

M

myboo

inlimbo said:
I'm Canadian, my husband is Nigerian from Aba. Of course I know why he was rejected. It's a funny issue though and we are in a gray zone with everything. He's criminally inadmissable but doesn't have a criminal record. It's ridiculous.
what! criminally inadmissable but doesn't have a criminal record???..so if he doesn't have a criminal record how did they come up with criminally inadmissable?? btw, how long did ur application take for them to inform you of their decision? oh! accra, you can predict this people...i guess they couldn't prove the relationship wasn't genuine..hence, they came up with criminally inadmissable!

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inlimbo said:

You should have received an acknowledgment letter by now. I appealed first week of December 2011 and received acknowlegment letter end of December 2011. I called them a couple weeks ago to see if they had any more information for me and they said that they are waiting for the "record" from accra to determine if i will get an adr or full appeal. I pray to God it's an adr...I will follow up again end of this month.

You need to try to get a hold of someone to find out what's going on. Don't just sit and wait around.

I understand what you mean about not having any energy left, because i am completely drained myself. I don't even want to get out of bed most days, because i am depressed, but i always think about my hubby, he is what motivates me to keep going when i feel depressed. I just want to live a normal life again, without constant worrying and nightmares.

I remember when he was refused the visa in Novemeber, i cried every day for at least a month, i was making myself sick. Let's pray to God that our nightmares end soon!

Keep strong for your hubby, ok?

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
Re: Thread for ACCRA Ghana applicants

myboo said:
what! criminally inadmissable but doesn't have a criminal record???..so if he doesn't have a criminal record how did they come up with criminally inadmissable?? btw, how long did ur application take for them to inform you of their decision? oh! accra, you can predict this people...i guess they couldn't prove the relationship wasn't genuine..hence, they came up with criminally inadmissable!
We heard from Accra in December 2010 with a letter that was written 6 weeks before we got it. The argument made with us blatantly misquoted something my husband wrote and we were able to reply accordingly. Huge waste of time. Then another argument was written on my husband's birthday (at the end of Feb.) and we received it half way through APRIL! We responded and asked for the visa to be considered on Humanitarian/Compassionate grounds, or for alternatively a TRV to be issued and we then heard back with a rejection at the end of August.

My MP is trying to help me and figure out when my appeal will be and whether it will be an ADR or a hearing. However, so far there hasn't been any news.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
I would like to say that my situation is incredibly unusual and that no one should be concerned about their own application after reading bits of my story. Especially to the new people out there, I don't want you to worry.