Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Could you kindly explain? Never heard anybody having problems with their PR application because their jobbank got deactivated. Do you know someone who is facing this issue?
Sorry i replied to your post by mistake instead of @Honeyaustin

Explain what? :)

As you already explained (Just before me) it's only a formality till your EE profile is activated.

If you go deeper into it, there is probably Canadian governmental politics involved in it. Actually Canadian government wanted Job Bank as a sole government website to be used by all (citizens + immigrants alike) for Job application purpose, and they made it mandatory for all employers to advertise their job vacancies there before they fill in, but as you can see the website was designed & developed so shabbily that the initiative has failed to take off.

That's why its still mandatory to get a 4 digit job code to activate EE but there is no subsequent utility to it, except one odd employer sees your profile there and gets interested to pursue your case and file a LMIA for you. But you need to be insanely skilled and extremely luck to have it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Sorry i replied to your post by mistake instead of @Honeyaustin

Explain what? :)

As you already explained (Just before me) it's only a formality till your EE profile is activated.

If you go deeper into it, there is probably Canadian governmental politics involved in it. Actually Canadian government wanted Job Bank as a sole government website to be used by all (citizens + immigrants alike) for Job application purpose, and they made it mandatory for all employers to advertise their job vacancies there before they fill in, but as you can see the website was designed & developed so shabbily that the initiative has failed to take off.

That's why its still mandatory to get a 4 digit job code to activate EE but there is no subsequent utility to it, except one odd employer sees your profile there and gets interested to pursue your case and file a LMIA for you. But you need to be insanely skilled and extremely luck to have it.
LOL :) . Okay. I thought you knew someone who has/had a problem with PR application because of job bank deactivation because you replied "No" :D .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekforbes said:
I have a question about 1 year continuous foreign work experience?

Continuous means, there should be no gap in one year?

Like 6 months in one company and 3 day gap (holidays) then another 7 month in another company is acceptable?

1st Company - 10 Nov 2010 - 06 May 2011;

Gap - 07 may 2011 - 9 May 2011 (These three days are holidays)

2nd Company - 10 Nov 2011 - 30 Dec 2011
This would be fine. The challenge would involve scenarios where it falls below 52 weeks of employment in that year.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
This would be fine. The challenge would involve scenarios where it falls below 52 weeks of employment in that year.
Thanks Asivad. Does 52 weeks is mandatory? For year 2011, its 51.42 weeks if i reduce the three days.

Would it be a problem? Do i need to attach the LOE for that?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
vivekforbes said:
I have a question about 1 year continuous foreign work experience?

Continuous means, there should be no gap in one year?

Like 6 months in one company and 3 day gap (holidays) then another 7 month in another company is acceptable?

1st Company - 10 Nov 2010 - 06 May 2011;

Gap - 07 may 2011 - 9 May 2011 (These three days are holidays)

2nd Company - 10 Nov 2011 - 30 Dec 2011
I beg to differ...but I replied you here...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/it-must-have-been-continuous-paid-fulltime-or-an-equal-amount-in-parttime-t348289.0.html;msg5081639#msg5081639

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Actually, this was discussed a couple of months ago. There are different interpretations - we don't know for sure which one is correct. Some say yes and some say no.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4917837#msg4917837

I tend to agree with Asivad because in this day, having a break of about a week between jobs is common. This, IMO, should not make the person ineligible. Cannot be sure though.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Actually, this was discussed a couple of months ago. There are different interpretations - we don't know for sure which one is correct. Some say yes and some say no.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4917837#msg4917837

I tend to agree with Asivad because in this day, having a break of about a week between jobs is common. This, IMO, should not make the person ineligible. Cannot be sure though.
While i concur with you on the point that these days it's very common to have a short gap between jobs that too when people change jobs frequently (unlike earlier days where one gets a 15yrs service loyalty certificate from the employer before retirement), but if that is so i am sure IRCC is not unaware of it, then why have they put such a useless and out dated clause as a qualifying criterion for FSW category economic class immigrants.

And unlike IRCC i too agree that if you have gaps between jobs, you aren't a worthless immigration material who is no longer capable of constructively contributing to the Canadian economy to further it.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the replies.

The primary NOC is 2174 - software developer and have more than 1 year of continuous experience. The only problem i have is secondary NOC with back home experience

What do you guys suggest? The least thing i can do is go with experience and add the LOE to explain the situation. When you create the profile, it will ask you only month and year, and not date. I will still get points for that.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekforbes said:
Thanks for the replies.

The primary NOC is 2174 - software developer and have more than 1 year of continuous experience. The only problem i have is secondary NOC with back home experience

What do you guys suggest? The least thing i can do is go with experience and add the LOE to explain the situation. When you create the profile, it will ask you only month and year, and not date. I will still get points for that.
Doesn't matter for secondary NOC - that isn't an eligibility criterion. You'll get points for the entire year of experience notwithstanding those 3 days of unemployment.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Doesn't matter for secondary NOC - that isn't an eligibility criterion. You'll get points for the entire year of experience notwithstanding those 3 days of unemployment.
Thanks Asivad. That continous experience is only for Primary NOC, and not applicable for secondary NOC?

This is the profile.

Class - CEC
Primary NOC - 2174 (Have 1.5 years continuous Canadian experience in current job + 3 month gap + 7 month Canadian experience in another company)
Secondary NOC - 0111 (Have 1.1 year foreign experience - 6 month first employer + 3 day gap (holiday) + 7 month foreign experience with second employer)

I wont be having any problem right?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekforbes said:
Thanks Asivad. That continous experience is only for Primary NOC, and not applicable for secondary NOC?

This is the profile.

Class - CEC
Primary NOC - 2174 (Have 1.5 years continuous Canadian experience in current job + 3 month gap + 7 month Canadian experience in another company)
Secondary NOC - 0111 (Have 1.1 year foreign experience - 6 month first employer + 3 day gap (holiday) + 7 month foreign experience with second employer)

I wont be having any problem right?
You'll have 1+ year of FWE and 2+ years of CWE provided these are supported by valid reference letters.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You'll have 1+ year of FWE and 2+ years of CWE provided these are supported by valid reference letters.
Thank you Asivad. I really appreciate it your time and valuable opinions.

ogbg

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hi Asivad,
Last week you told me that the PPR around the corner and you were right. I received the PPR today.
I have two questions.
1- I am (the main applicant) from a country that need a visa to go to Canada but my Kids are American (they do not need a visa) so I will send my passport. Do I still need to send the kids passports with mine or a copy of their passports is enough.
2- My husband currently lives outside USA so how I can request CIC to change the visa office for him.
Thank you.

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello Asivad,
I'm a FSW outland and my BG status Changed from not started to not needed at this time. Is that a rejection indication?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ramii said:
Hello Asivad,
I'm a FSW outland and my BG status Changed from not started to not needed at this time. Is that a rejection indication?
Gosh, people are getting paranoid! No it doesn't necessarily mean that your application is going to be rejected. In fact, some people have seen this change before they got PPR.