+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Dear Seniors, I need you support for NOC selection.

My Degree: Electrical & Eletronics Enineering and want to apply for Manitoba oversears skilled program, My close relative can sponser me.

I studied the duties of NOC 2133 as given on CIC weside.

1) My duties(3.0 years exp) of Electrical Equipment/System Installation are clearly falling under NOC 2133. I don't have any doubt. I know these falls under 2133.

2) My duties(Current 1.5 years exp) in telecommunication industry as RF engineer(Duties: Operation & Maintenance of Wireless telecommunication or Radio Equipment/system like BTS, ENOD B, RRH ect)), I don't know whether these will fall under NOC 2133 or not? ......

My Doubts:
a) NOC 2133: There is mentioned many times Electrical & Electronics Equipment and systems like installation and operation of Electrical & Electronics Equipment and systems , Investigate failure of Electrical & Electronics Equipment and systems …. I don’t have any doubt on electrical equipment and systems, but I have doubt on ELECTRONICS euipment………………I don’t know which kind of these ELECTRONICS equipment are mentioned in NOC 2133… Logically Telecom or Wireless Radio Equipment are also electronic equipment…….these equipment also called electronic communications equipment as per link below. Cell site means telecom tower……

b) NOC 2133: It is also mentioned some words like Electronic communications , instrumentations, and control system, equipment and components. I am in doubt whether yellow highlight word include the telecom industry. I mean telecommunication equipment also.

c) NOC 2147(Computer and telecommunication Hardware Engineer): It is mentioned some titles like Telecommunication engineer, Wireless communications engineer, Telecommunication hardware engineer, all the duties seems very closely to hardware something…...

d) I need to show 4 or more years of experience in last five years to get the 75 points of experience….If I apply in NOC 2133 only in EOI, then I submit the reference letters at the time of application, Now, if case officer feels that my 1.5 years experience does not match with 2133, then he may reject my application due to OVER CLAIMED POINTS……Can they do like this or not?

e) Can I apply in both NOC 2133 + 2147? If yes, then how to apply in two NOC?

f) Will they count experience only ‘’Number OF YEARS exp IN LAST FIVE YEARS IN INTENDED OCCUPATION’’…..In this case, My Intended occupation will be Electrical & Electronics Engineer and 3.5 years of experience in last five years. Means only points for 3 years exp.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Hard to answer a question like that without more information. GCMS notes would be the best indicator.
Hi Asivad,

Hope you are well. I have got 3 question I hope you can help me with.

1. Can outlanders order GCMS notes if so please can you help me out with the link.

2. If a spouse does landing and receives PR Card then return to their homeland can they sponsor their partner for PR immediately or do they have to wait till the come back to reside in Canada before they can file for PR for their spouse.

3. Has the wording in RPRF request letter changed because in the one sent to my friend it states "You have been found eligible" and "pay $450 so we can approve your application" I this the standard wording this days? and after paying RPRF how long is average wait before PPR.

Thanks in advance for your help

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Londo said:
Hi Asivad,

Hope you are well. I have got 3 question I hope you can help me with.

1. Can outlanders order GCMS notes if so please can you help me out with the link.

Yes.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html;msg1346436#msg1346436

2. If a spouse does landing and receives PR Card then return to their homeland can they sponsor their partner for PR immediately or do they have to wait till the come back to reside in Canada before they can file for PR for their spouse.

Once your spouse is PR, S/he can lodge an application to sponsor partner/spouse.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

3. Has the wording in RPRF request letter changed because in the one sent to my friend it states "You have been found eligible" and "pay $450 so we can approve your application" I this the standard wording this days? and after paying RPRF how long is average wait before PPR.

1st part, not sure. Second part, can't say. There is no standard time from RPRF request to approval.

Thanks in advance for your help

canadahere.I.come

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Hi Asivad,

I got nomination from Saskatchewan PNP and I am about to accept it. But I wanted to ask few questions before proceeding towards PR application.

1. If I accept nomination now and get ITA in next draw and If I do upfront medical for both applicant and spouse but till the time we get PPR request if we come to know that we might expect a new born in few months, then can we ask CIC to hold on PPR request till we do addition of new born?

2. What if we get our VISA stamped but before we land if we blessed with new addition in the family (outside Canada) then can we ask CIC to add the new member to the same file and get COPR along with new members as well?

Please help me with my queries. Thanks in advanced

Freestyler

Aug 17, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Either of those would work. PR for an accompanying spouse is not conditional on PA barring the requirement that the PA lands first or along with the dependents so either of those options would practically mean the same thing.

Option 1 or 2 would probably both require you to get fresh COPRs as neither of those documents have the other spouse listed so you're probably looking at some delays regardless of which option you choose here. The good news though is that it's just a procedural delay while IRCC formalizes the paperwork based on your choice.

Congratulations & All the best!
Thanks for the advice and the wishes.

One question that I still have. Does having two PR's separately and individually advantageous in any way? I ask keeping the future in mind.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Hi Asivad,

I would like to say that I just got my Passport and COPR.

I want to thank you for all the support and advice. It has been a wonderful journey so far and looking forward to the final destination (Canada).
Congratulations and All the best!

Nsista

Mar 31, 2016
Hi Asivad Anac ,

I need your help and want to know if i can take some of your time.
I got refusal letter today because my name was not on my foreign employment letter and i don't know what to do?
Thank you in advance for your advice and help.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Freestyler said:
Thanks for the advice and the wishes.

One question that I still have. Does having two PR's separately and individually advantageous in any way? I ask keeping the future in mind.
I think the only impact will be in the minimum amount of funds for each separately vs. PA+1 dependent

askaan305

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
SAUDI ARABIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
CIC processing strategy
As per the trends, your eligibility is cleared within the first 5 months and then what is left is the security and criminality. This is for the FSW (outland). For the inland applicants, the process is different, their BGC goes in progress within a few days after they receive the AoR. So its is difficult to predict if it is just a technical issue, or the BGC is initiated sooner in the application.

The anatomy of an standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicants age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here.

7. At the R10 review if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually by this stage the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a re-assesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send you application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.

Now, this is NO way is a generalization of the process. Some applications are processed much faster, some are slow. This is what I could gather from my GCMS notes, my experience with dealing with the immigration authorities in US on behalf of my clients and my personal application which is still in progress.

This is only for information to provide a picture about the process, but CIC has never disclosed their processing procedure. However, looking into some immigration cases, and the information through the GCMS notes available on the forum, this is the best generalization I could come up with. Albeit, for some applicants the criminality is done before the eligibility is checked, for other after. So please don't debate as to how one case you saw was different from what I have stated.

This is just an overview. If you do not find it appealing, just ignore it. If it was up to me, I would process all applications much faster.

But, this is a long wait and probably the most important decision you will make in your life. Be optimistic, helpful and supportive of others. This forum is an excellent resource for many, so even when you receive your PPR, please hang on for a few more months and update your timelines and answer any questions other applicants may have. Don't be a parasite.

Reactions: Takita and EE12345

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
askaan305 said:
CIC processing strategy
As per the trends, your eligibility is cleared within the first 5 months and then what is left is the security and criminality. This is for the FSW (outland). For the inland applicants, the process is different, their BGC goes in progress within a few days after they receive the AoR. So its is difficult to predict if it is just a technical issue, or the BGC is initiated sooner in the application.

The anatomy of an standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicants age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here.

7. At the R10 review if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually by this stage the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a re-assesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send you application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.

Now, this is NO way is a generalization of the process. Some applications are processed much faster, some are slow. This is what I could gather from my GCMS notes, my experience with dealing with the immigration authorities in US on behalf of my clients and my personal application which is still in progress.

This is only for information to provide a picture about the process, but CIC has never disclosed their processing procedure. However, looking into some immigration cases, and the information through the GCMS notes available on the forum, this is the best generalization I could come up with. Albeit, for some applicants the criminality is done before the eligibility is checked, for other after. So please don't debate as to how one case you saw was different from what I have stated.

This is just an overview. If you do not find it appealing, just ignore it. If it was up to me, I would process all applications much faster.

But, this is a long wait and probably the most important decision you will make in your life. Be optimistic, helpful and supportive of others. This forum is an excellent resource for many, so even when you receive your PPR, please hang on for a few more months and update your timelines and answer any questions other applicants may have. Don't be a parasite.
Many thanks. +1

I strongly believe that this deserves its very own thread and be made a sticky - if someone can advise the moderators once the thread is made. this is much more valuable and informative than some stickies

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadahere.I.come said:
Hi Asivad,

I got nomination from Saskatchewan PNP and I am about to accept it. But I wanted to ask few questions before proceeding towards PR application.

1. If I accept nomination now and get ITA in next draw and If I do upfront medical for both applicant and spouse but till the time we get PPR request if we come to know that we might expect a new born in few months, then can we ask CIC to hold on PPR request till we do addition of new born?

You cannot request them to delay PPR. The best you can do is delay your medicals and application submission and do it as close as possible to the 59th/60th day of your post ITA deadline. That way, you buy an additional 2 months upfront on both application processing timeline and medical expiry.

2. What if we get our VISA stamped but before we land if we blessed with new addition in the family (outside Canada) then can we ask CIC to add the new member to the same file and get COPR along with new members as well?

Yes. You'll have to return your passport and COPR - IRCC will process the changes and issue fresh COPR and visas. You may have to redo medicals if they are nearing expiry.

Please help me with my queries. Thanks in advanced

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Very Nice & Informative post +1

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nsista said:
Hi Asivad Anac ,

I need your help and want to know if i can take some of your time.
I got refusal letter today because my name was not on my foreign employment letter and i don't know what to do?
Thank you in advance for your advice and help.
Very sorry about your refusal.

Sadly, there is nothing you can do after a rejection except re-enter the EE pool and wait for another ITA. How come a company's reference letter did not contain your name? Was it a printing error? Did you not check the reference letter before uploading?

soye01

Mar 30, 2016
Hello Asivad Anac,

My husband is the principal applicant and he submitted his application on 20th of October. We got married in December so he had to update his profile in January and his medicals that was initially passed changed to review in progress. However, i am yet to be called for medicals since the update was done.

We got an email on March 17 requesting for RPRF to be paid so that the final decision can be made. The payment was made upfront (October) for his initial application and mine when was done along with the update that was submitted in January so we attached the receipt and a letter stating that payment were made upfront. No email was received but we observed an update was done(status changed to provided) to the section "review of submitted document".

We have been waiting for an email requesting for me to go for medicals since the update and i will really like to know if you can be of help with regards my questions.

how long does it take to get a PPR after a request for RPRF?
Do i still need to do medicals?
My husband is in Canada while i am in Nigeria. Will this affect the timeline in anyway?
Do i need to send the passport to Canada for PR should it be requested?
How long does a BG check take?

Thank you.
Medicals (In Progress): February 2, 2016
RPRF request: March 17, 2016
Last update: March 22, 2016

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
I'm filling out my express entry form now and they are asking for husband's work experience details. I wasn't expecting that as i'm not claiming any points from his work experience since it wasn't/isn't gotten in Canada.

Is it ok to select NO? No, meaning he doesn't have any work experience? Won't that be misinterpretation cos he is gainfully employed here in my home country? I just really do not want to deal with additional documentation from him.