Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thenumbiceman said:
Hi Asivad,

The text of the ppr email i received seems to be different from others,
while i have got the below,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:
1) Passports
2) Photograph
etc etc

and the email doesnt talk about COPR at all. Is it normal? Just worried..

thanks
What you have just got is a Passport request. You would need to send across your passport(s) and photograph(s). They will stamp a One time entry Visa in your passport and also send the COPR along with it. Using the One time entry Visa, you will be able to land and once you land the COPR , will be signed by you as well as the Officer.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaItIs said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

My brother is landing in Toronto on 25th Feb. He got PR through FSWP 2013 program.

We were wondering if you can help us with following two questions:

1. Is it required to show CAD ~18000 (as proof of fund for family of 3) while landing in Toronto?
2. What all instruments (Travelers Cheque, Hard Cash, Travel Currency Card etc) can we use to show this fund? Especially, can we use Travel Currency Card as one of the instruments?

Many thanks in advance!!
1. Yes, for a family of 3, he should have the minimum fund requirement for the said family count.
2. See below for details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
How much money should you bring?

It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
•cash
•documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
•documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
AnnaBG said:
HI Asivad and seniors,

This below is the text i saw online for the self declaration that my uncle is preparing for me. He is transfering me 10K for the purposes of canadian settlement and also he insists this is a gift for us which he is giving us now for both our wedding and canadian settlement.

He currently lives in Ontario (is a citizen).

This is the declaration. But my question is - does this need to ne notarized and do I need more documents from his side regarding this transfer?
This is perfectly fine...If possible it will be good to include any Bank deposit slip (with various account/amount and date details) to support this.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from his side you mean?
I thought maybe include a simple bank certificate showing his money after the transfer so they can see he has money left in his account and this transfer doesn;t leave him poor and straving to death ;D

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
AnnaBG said:
from his side you mean?
I thought maybe include a simple bank certificate showing his money after the transfer so they can see he has money left in his account and this transfer doesn;t leave him poor and straving to death ;D
Yes, i meant the Bank deposit/transfer slip or any bank transaction document that he may have used to transfer the money to your account.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnnaBG said:
from his side you mean?
In addition to funds transfer declaration, provide proof of actual fund transfer. Also provide the letter from your bank which has all required details.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evoboy2016 said:
Dear Asivad

I am the primary applicant to OINP and have submitted my docs on Nov 26. My spouse's previous passport contains 32 pages and more than 120 entry and exit stamps, so it is supercrowded. Some of these are overlapping and some are not clear. Now, for POST ITA, i understand that we have to provide accurate entry and exit dates for our personal and travel history. What can be done in this situation? Please advise. Links below.

http://1drv.ms/1WNhyvk

http://1drv.ms/1WNhxYp
No problem. You'll be asked to upload only the bio-pages of your valid passport. These stamps won't be necessary. Even if you cannot provide accurate dates in Travel history (and very few people can do that in this day and age), approximate to the nearest known date/month.

Reese88

May 29, 2015
Dear Asivad
I been living here in Canada for about 5 years from, 4 years on WP and a year with study permit. There's an employer who is willing to apply for NOC B Lmia and a new WP for me.
Is there a possibility of Lmia and WP rejection because Im done with the 4 years cumulative period stay in Canada or I'm still eligible to get WP?

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.
17th July 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
ONLINE SUBMISSION
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16th Aug 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Feb 2016
LANDED..........
21st July 2016
Dear Asivad,

Please kindly help by this info, that after getting COPR can I travel to USA and from their I would like to land in Canada. Is there any problem I will land in Canada not directly from my country but from USA.

Is there any problem in that? looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
greyhatbd said:
Dear Asivad,

Please kindly help by this info, that after getting COPR can I travel to USA and from their I would like to land in Canada. Is there any problem I will land in Canada not directly from my country but from USA.

Is there any problem in that? looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.
No problem.

Braxod

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
after AOR, first communication for me was (pdf mentioning UCI: <uci number> asking me to submit additional documents
They mentioned following documents:
* <UCI number> <my full name>
* Schedule 4 - Prov Nominees ...

* Schedule 4A - ....

Question is:
1) regarding the first document they have asked, mentioning my UCI number, is that document the same pdf i received all the above communication ?
2) the reason I'm asking this question is, last year I had applied for FSW and got my application returned stating quota as reached. In IMM0008 returned i had the same UCI# written. hope they are not asking anything about that ??
however there was no place to update any document except sch 4 n 4a. so i ignored first one n submitted sch 4 n 4a only.
do u ve any idea on this issue?
its akready two weeks since Aor n 3 days since additional docs sent. but no change in my application status. bo change in medicals needed as well. bit worried. pls share some light. thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Braxod said:
after AOR, first communication for me was (pdf mentioning UCI: <uci number> asking me to submit additional documents
They mentioned following documents:
* <UCI number> <my full name>
* Schedule 4 - Prov Nominees ...

* Schedule 4A - ....

Question is:
1) regarding the first document they have asked, mentioning my UCI number, is that document the same pdf i received all the above communication ?

They aren't asking for any document there - it is just a weird way of writing official letters.

2) the reason I'm asking this question is, last year I had applied for FSW and got my application returned stating quota as reached. In IMM0008 returned i had the same UCI# written. hope they are not asking anything about that ??

No.

however there was no place to update any document except sch 4 n 4a. so i ignored first one n submitted sch 4 n 4a only.
do u ve any idea on this issue?
its akready two weeks since Aor n 3 days since additional docs sent. but no change in my application status. bo change in medicals needed as well. bit worried. pls share some light. thanks

Not a problem. You've done the right thing. The process takes its own pace, be patient.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reese88 said:
Dear Asivad
I been living here in Canada for about 5 years from, 4 years on WP and a year with study permit. There's an employer who is willing to apply for NOC B Lmia and a new WP for me.
Is there a possibility of Lmia and WP rejection because Im done with the 4 years cumulative period stay in Canada or I'm still eligible to get WP?
I imagine this is possible if the employer decides to go in for a dual-intent LMIA.

Tarun401

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
I remember seeing recent posts on the forum that appear to indicate confirmation from OINP that funds available with accompanying spouse are acceptable. CIC asks for POF only from the PA but Ontario seems happy with any of PA/spouse/common-law partner having the required funds.
Not sure if this is still relevant, I have an email confirmation from OINP that funds needs to be with PA or in joint account with spouse or partner having PA's name on it.