+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa

Tmehesry

Feb 8, 2019
Hi,
My mother is 75 and single parent, She lives alone in Pakistan and have no strong ties to country not a travel history. I want to apply for her super visa so I have couple of questions.
1) Can I fill forms and apply on her behalf ?
2) Can I give my email for correspondance?
3) Its written medical and biometrics? How to submit that ? I have her pictures I can scan and send them.
4) Is it better to apply online rather than paper?
5) Any strong words I can use in invitation letter ?
6) My T4 is above low income cutoff then also I should show some fund?
7) How to purchase insurance ? If visa is rejected how about insurance ?

I am totally confused, should I go through lawyer to make my case strong? or I can apply on my own.
Hope to get answer soon

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
My mother is 75 and single parent, She lives alone in Pakistan and have no strong ties to country not a travel history. I want to apply for her super visa so I have couple of questions.
Yes. She can sign/scan the IMM 5476 (Use of a representative form authorizing you to represent her)

Yes

3) Its written medical and biometrics? How to submit that ? I have her pictures I can scan and send them.
No. She must wait for the Biometrics Instruction Letter and then provide her biometrics (photos, fingerprints) at a VFS/VAC office that is close to where she lives.

If you're applying on her behalf, it would be online, right?

Like what?

Yes to both evidence + your employment letter + your financial documents

Do speak to a Canadian insurance company for both

I am totally confused, should I go through lawyer to make my case strong? or I can apply on my own.
Hope to get answer soon
It depends on how confident you are about preparing her application. Most people on here apply on their own and save the lawyer's fees.

That said, as you have asked basic information, I recommend you spend time going through the super visa posts on the Visitors forum + the IRCC website

umair85

May 1, 2017
Hi,

Hope to get answer soon
So did you applied then? I am also from Pakistan and thinking to apply for sponsor visa of my father, single parent.

KitKatt

Mar 27, 2019
Hi everybody,

Any of the senior members ( @Bryanna @canuck78 @scylla ) please Help!

I would like to invite my mother on super visa for 8 weeks. I really wish that she gets her 10 year supervisa with a stay of 2 years during her entry at POE.
In eligibility questionnaire, what should I select for the question,
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Temporarily - less than 6 months
OR
Temporarily - more than 6 months

I have seen in other posts some of you have mentioned as 'temporarily - more than 6 months'.

But my question is,

if I select 'Temporarily - more than 6 months' in the eligibility questionnaire
&
in the application form IMM5257e, DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA --> Indicate how long you plan to stay --> *From (start date of 8 weeks) *To (end date of 8 weeks)

will that not be a contradiction?? mentioning more than 6 months in eligibility questionnaire and less than 6 months = 8 weeks in the IMM5257e application form.

I am really confused. Please advise.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi everybody,

Any of the senior members ( @Bryanna @canuck78 @scylla ) please Help!

I would like to invite my mother on super visa for 8 weeks. I really wish that she gets her 10 year supervisa with a stay of 2 years during her entry at POE.
In eligibility questionnaire, what should I select for the question,
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Temporarily - less than 6 months
OR
Temporarily - more than 6 months

I have seen in other posts some of you have mentioned as 'temporarily - more than 6 months'.

But my question is,

if I select 'Temporarily - more than 6 months' in the eligibility questionnaire
&
in the application form IMM5257e, DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA --> Indicate how long you plan to stay --> *From (start date of 8 weeks) *To (end date of 8 weeks)

will that not be a contradiction?? mentioning more than 6 months in eligibility questionnaire and less than 6 months = 8 weeks in the IMM5257e application form.

I am really confused. Please advise.
Thank you.
Your mom might be granted a TRV instead of a super visa if her intended stay is not typical of a super visa applicant

Reactions: KitKatt

abbask

Mar 27, 2019
Your mom might be granted a TRV instead of a super visa if her intended stay is not typical of a super visa applicant
I have a similar situation. I am in process of applying for my mother-in-law (my wife is the main applicant and I'll be co-applicant since my wife does not have an income). She would like to visit for one month however we are not applying for a visit visa since she has been rejected 4 times previously. We thought this may be a better option but seeing here looks like she should be staying for more than 6 months. Any thoughts on whether to apply for one year with a tentative period or stay with the original dates of one month? Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have a similar situation. I am in process of applying for my mother-in-law (my wife is the main applicant and I'll be co-applicant since my wife does not have an income). She would like to visit for one month however we are not applying for a visit visa since she has been rejected 4 times previously. We thought this may be a better option but seeing here looks like she should be staying for more than 6 months. Any thoughts on whether to apply for one year with a tentative period or stay with the original dates of one month? Thank you!
Not sure how soon your mom-in-law has been reapplying after each refusal.... and whether or not, the super visa application is being submitted shortly after those TRV refusals.

You would want to address her TRV refusal grounds before you submit her super visa application.

We've seen some cases where super visa applicants stating visit lengths of less than 1 year were granted TRVs instead. The key point is in these cases, these applicants probably met the requirements for TRV approvals as well

Tmehesry

Feb 8, 2019
I still have doubts while filling application. I am trying to upload documents for financial support, it means T4,NOA,Pay stubs, employment letters and bank statements. There is no space to upload so many supporting documents? where to upload and how? Another question I am booking flights and buying insurance where to uploads those details. Which section I have to upload her financial documents.I am just thinking is it worth to apply online where I am not able to upload alll required documents?
Family Information form needs signation on paper? I am not able to save the documents with details?
Looking forward for some help
Thanks in advance

abbask

Mar 27, 2019
Not sure how soon your mom-in-law has been reapplying after each refusal.... and whether or not, the super visa application is being submitted shortly after those TRV refusals.

You would want to address her TRV refusal grounds before you submit her super visa application.

We've seen some cases where super visa applicants stating visit lengths of less than 1 year were granted TRVs instead. The key point is in these cases, these applicants probably met the requirements for TRV approvals as well
We've applied with some time after each refusal of the TRV (a year or so even in one case). She gets rejected on "no strong ties with your home country" grounds. My in laws have a family business and her husband (and family men) are the breadwinners. That said my mother-in-law does not have an account with her ownership nor does she own any assets. I don't know how to explain this to IRCC and what proof (if any) I can provide to proof that she will return back home. It's important to note that my father-in-law however has been granted a TRV in 2017.

abbask

Mar 27, 2019
I still have doubts while filling application. I am trying to upload documents for financial support, it means T4,NOA,Pay stubs, employment letters and bank statements. There is no space to upload so many supporting documents? where to upload and how? Another question I am booking flights and buying insurance where to uploads those details. Which section I have to upload her financial documents.I am just thinking is it worth to apply online where I am not able to upload alll required documents?
Family Information form needs signation on paper? I am not able to save the documents with details?
Looking forward for some help
Thanks in advance
For multiple documents you can scan and make one PDF file and then upload. For any signed document as well, print, scan then upload. You'll have to do it for the letter of invitation anyway, since a "signed promise" is required.

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
Regarding insurance you can check and compare companies here . For Destination Canada and Allianz , for example, you will receive a full refund if her visa is denied. Also in case of early departure your mother is eligible for a refund for the number of unused coverage days (from the departure date till the expiry date of their insurance coverage), provided that no claims have been made or initiated using your policy (the one being canceled).

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
I applied for my parents supervise from UAE but they are Pakistani nationals, and their super visa application got rejected.
I seriously don't know what other documents should I be attaching to prove that my parents will go back after their stay in Canada.
Can anyone help in this regard?