Nov-2013 , DD encashed on 08.12.2013, medical received line on 14.02.2014
Interview........
No idea
Passport Req..
Nov-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Very soon........
Timeline on site shows 58 days..I have been waiting for 62 days..already..does 58 means working days or regular days..any idea

Chirpy3050

Jul 27, 2024
Timeline on site shows 58 days..I have been waiting for 62 days..already..does 58 means working days or regular days..any idea
I think it's regular days, but someone else can probably confirm. Also, I remember it was 60 days processing time a few weeks ago. So it's fluctuating a bit. What kind of course have you applied for and is it at a university?

Jul 18, 2024
Applied on: 4th February 2024
Biometric updated: 5th February 2024
Temp. SOWP extension: 6th August 2024
Visa Expired on 30th April 2024

Still waiting for approval. I called IRCC and they said my spouse can work and I can continue my study until a final decision is made
Hi all. I received my study permit extension along with my spouse open work permit today. Applied on 4th February 2024, correspondence letter received on 30th July and new study permit on 31st July 2024

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hi all. I received my study permit extension along with my spouse open work permit today. Applied on 4th February 2024, correspondence letter received on 30th July and new study permit on 31st July 2024
Wow, Congrats and thanks for sharing. Atleast now we know Feb ones have started. So did you apply for PGWP on maintained status or was waiting for this to come and then apply.

1779x

May 30, 2024
Category........
STUDY
Hey @palg,

I have applied for my Study Permit Extension (individual) on May 23 and the review of eligibility has not started yet. Let's stay in touch!

moses1217

Jul 17, 2024
Hello guys, I applied on 12th December 2023 for SP extension, medicals updated but since then nothing.
Review of eligibility hasn’t begun yet.
My study permit expired on 30th April 2024
I called IRCC several times these last months but still nothing, they keep telling me to wait.
I've been waiting for 219 days and still nothing!!
I don't know if I'm the only one but I noticed that I received my correspondence letter since 12th January and still nothing. When I called IRCC, they keep telling me my application has been approved since January but they don't know why agents are taking so long to put the final decision.

If you know something about case like this, let me know please

JJ_Van

Jun 12, 2024
Hi, can you tell me do you have a gap in dates between your old study visa and new one date? Or new one is continued on old one exp.date (April 30th)? I am asking because of child benefit. Thank you!

palg

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Patiala
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
7216 Supervisors Mechanical Maintenance
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2011
AOR Received.
Jan-2012
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
Nov-2013 , DD encashed on 08.12.2013, medical received line on 14.02.2014
Interview........
No idea
Passport Req..
Nov-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Very soon........
Oh.wow..219 days..that's a long wait..does this mean you can stay in canada legally till the decision of your file..

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
Anyone applied for a sp+sowp extension in March? Did you receive it?
Hi @rmalik2. I am in the same situation as you are. My SP and SOWP expired on July 31. I applied for SP Extension and SOWP extension on March 12. Until today there has been no update. My spouse received the WP EXT letter on March 14 saying she can work until September 7. My COOP term ends on August 16, and now I am worried because I was hoping the application would have been approved by then. I am also thinking about reaching out to the local MP in hopes the case can be expedited. I am wondering if my spouse will be able to continue working even after my studies have been completed. do you have any insights on this?

What is sad for me is that I have received a full-time offer to start after my COOP ends :(

any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: rmalik2

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hi @rmalik2. I am in the same situation as you are. My SP and SOWP expired on July 31. I applied for SP Extension and SOWP extension on March 12. Until today there has been no update. My spouse received the WP EXT letter on March 14 saying she can work until September 7. My COOP term ends on August 16, and now I am worried because I was hoping the application would have been approved by then. I am also thinking about reaching out to the local MP in hopes the case can be expedited. I am wondering if my spouse will be able to continue working even after my studies have been completed. do you have any insights on this?

What is sad for me is that I have received a full-time offer to start after my COOP ends :(

any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
She can work even after your grades get uploaded, though you won’t be. And she can work even beyond Sept 7, dont go by date, until her application is approved

i did reach out to MP, you could see one of my previous posts,
And our situation is so much similar, I also do have the offer. So let’s see

Reactions: ciano88