+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Nupur06

Apr 3, 2023
Good news! We received our approvals this week. As a reminder, we applied back in January. We called IRCC, not sure if that had anything to do with it... The agent only told us that our file was still waiting to be processed. Good luck!
Hey that's great to hear! Even I applied end of January. Can I get your exact date of application just to double check?

And also, did you call IRCC?

top_gun

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
Hello People, here is my timeline for Study Permit extension
Applied: 22 July
Biometrics and UCI not updated..

Will keep updating!

1779x

May 30, 2024
Category........
STUDY
Hello Sir

Thank you so much for your response. I would just ask a quick return question and rest my case.

I applied my study permit extension, a few weeks after I left Canada. I did not realize that I will be technically applying outside Canada. But in my application, I have given my Canadian address and all the required documents. Do you think there will be an issue ? Appreciate!
Hi,

I think you should raise a webform ASAP, notifying that you made a mistake and are not in Canada. This link is for TRV but would also be applicable in your case.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html#:~:text=you’ll be approved.-,If you must leave Canada for exceptional reasons before you get your new visitor visa,-Complete this web

Orlawealth8

Jul 23, 2024
Hi I applied for my study permit extension but till date no reply

Applied June 7
Read June 8
My biometrics and informations have been added already

I even sent a webform and they replied through my portal that my application is still in progress but my portal says we do not need your fingerprints, medical, interview that if needed I will be contacted same as additional documents.

Now it shows we are processing your background check and I Don't know what it means, does it mean they are already working on my document or it's just a system message because this is already July ending and some get thier extensions in

Ahry

Jul 23, 2024
Hi guys. I had applied for my study permit extension and sowp extension on jan 21st 2024. After long wait I received it on 26 june today. Got my correspondence letter yesterday. I hope all of you too soon get your aprroval. During my stressful period i used to look through this thread and it gave me courage when feeling demotivated. Thank you to all.
Hi!
So considering your times.
If ,I submitted my study permit extension by March 27, 2024 and Added extra documents through the webform and received the confirmation that the documents where received on April 25, 2024.

I'll have to wait until August or September?!

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hi!
So considering your times.
If ,I submitted my study permit extension by March 27, 2024 and Added extra documents through the webform and received the confirmation that the documents where received on April 25, 2024.

I'll have to wait until August or September?!
I applied on Mar 8 and I’m still waiting. There’s other guy who applied in Jan and received it last week.

Reactions: Ahry

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
So I reached out to local MP last thursday and today they provided a response that they received from IRCC. They said they have reviewed eligibility and criminality but the security assessment is under process. Based on this feedback, I think reaching out to MP did help in someway. Anyway this should be the last portion of the application process - will keep you updated. If anyone has information on how long this security assessment takes, please let me know.

Jul 18, 2024
So I reached out to local MP last thursday and today they provided a response that they received from IRCC. They said they have reviewed eligibility and criminality but the security assessment is under process. Based on this feedback, I think reaching out to MP did help in someway. Anyway this should be the last portion of the application process - will keep you updated. If anyone has information on how long this security assessment takes, please let me know.
Can you please post when you applied for extension? I applied on 4th February and am still waiting for extension

moses1217

Jul 17, 2024
Hello, do you have an idea of which Visa Office, your files are being processed ?

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hi there,

I am reaching out to you to enquire if you know how long does the security assessment takes to be completed.

Context:
I applied for study permit extension application on Mar 8, 2024 with spouse's open work permit extension application. It has not been processed so I contacted my local MP last week to get status update on my application. So, a few days, MP office got back to me and they shared the response that IRCC has processed the application with eligibility and criminality passed but security assessment is under process. My study permit is expiring on July 30 and I'll be graduating in August and I have a job offer going forward. So its kind of tight situation since I won't be able to work if applied for PGWP on maintained status (with expired permit).
Can you share any insights on this?

Thank you.

palg

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Patiala
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
7216 Supervisors Mechanical Maintenance
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2011
AOR Received.
Jan-2012
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
Nov-2013 , DD encashed on 08.12.2013, medical received line on 14.02.2014
Interview........
No idea
Passport Req..
Nov-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Very soon........
I applied for study permit extension on May 27. It's still in process..

palg

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Patiala
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
7216 Supervisors Mechanical Maintenance
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......