+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

1779x

May 30, 2024
Category........
STUDY
Hello, a friend of mine applied for his study permit extension on May 21st, 2024. Review of eligibility has not started yet. Biometrics is updated. His study permit expires on Aug 30th and his program ends in December.

Website says that the normal processing time is 55 days. It’s been around 40 days till now. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Please reply with your timeline if you applied around at the same time and your application is approved or if it’s still in process.
I am, applied on May 23rd, biometrics updated on June 2nd and the review of eligibility has not started yet.

Reactions: Rexahm

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi there,
I'm currently in a tight situation. My study permit will expire on July 30, 2024 and my studies will end in August 2024. So I already applied for an extension on Mar 8, 2024 but till date haven't got any response. I am currently working part time, the contract is till end of August. I know I can study even on maintained status but my concern is "Can I work on maintained status after July 30". Please if anyone has any idea about this, please let me know. Any insights, would help. Thank you!
I believe you can work and study under maintained status until you receive a decision on your application. What the main problem might be is once you submit your PGWP application, I believe you won't be able to work until a decision is made on your application. I'm still doing some research about that scenario, specially when a spouse OWP is involved... I'll post any findings.

Jules22

Apr 2, 2022
My study permit extension is as ff:
Application submitted: April 23rd, 2024
Biometrics request: April 30th
Biometrics updated: May 8th

Still waiting for approval.
Anyone in same timeline and waiting?
Received Validity Letter yesterday. Still waiting for more update.

Rafay888

Jun 18, 2024
Study permit extension + Co-op work permit + SOWP extension applied on Feb 24, 2024.

Study permit + SOWP expired on
Mar 30,2024.

Spouse allowed to work till Aug 21st, 2024

Review of eligibility hasn’t begun, currently at a 139 days since application was submitted.

Anyone have any idea when to expect ?

rmalik2

Jun 11, 2024
I believe you can work and study under maintained status until you receive a decision on your application. What the main problem might be is once you submit your PGWP application, I believe you won't be able to work until a decision is made on your application. I'm still doing some research about that scenario, specially when a spouse OWP is involved... I'll post any findings.
Thank you for insights. Yeah, without the permit, there's no point in applying for PGWP

Jul 18, 2024
Applied on: 4th February 2024
Biometric updated: 5th February 2024
Temp. SOWP extension: 6th August 2024
Visa Expired on 30th April 2024

Still waiting for approval. I called IRCC and they said my spouse can work and I can continue my study until a final decision is made

Reactions: Ocram

jumboy99

Feb 10, 2022
Applied on: 4th February 2024
Biometric updated: 5th February 2024
Temp. SOWP extension: 6th August 2024
Visa Expired on 30th April 2024

Still waiting for approval. I called IRCC and they said my spouse can work and I can continue my study until a final decision is made
Please let me know when you have any updates. Thanks

mister.c

Jul 18, 2024
hello guys so i was reading this forum everyday thru out my stress times so heres my durations:
applied the 22 april
received a letter the 9th july
and approved the 12th july
i promisef to ger back to you guys once i receive it and here you i hope all of you get you approvals thanks

Kingkhokhar90

Mar 1, 2019
Hello everyone, i applied on the 23rd of May, SP + SOWP and Kid's SP extensions, biometrics and medicals updated but since then no progress. Permits expire 31 August, hoping to receive extension before expiry.

Kingkhokhar90

Mar 1, 2019
Hi there,
I'm currently in a tight situation. My study permit will expire on July 30, 2024 and my studies will end in August 2024. So I already applied for an extension on Mar 8, 2024 but till date haven't got any response. I am currently working part time, the contract is till end of August. I know I can study even on maintained status but my concern is "Can I work on maintained status after July 30". Please if anyone has any idea about this, please let me know. Any insights, would help. Thank you!
Hey rmalik, did you get answer to this question? I'm in the same boat.

moses1217

Jul 17, 2024
Hello guys, I applied on 12th December 2023 for SP extension, medicals updated but since then nothing.
Review of eligibility hasn’t begun yet.
My study permit expired on 30th April 2024
I called IRCC several times these last months but still nothing, they keep telling me to wait.
I've been waiting for 219 days and still nothing!!