+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
She can work even after your grades get uploaded, though you won’t be. And she can work even beyond Sept 7, dont go by date, until her application is approved

i did reach out to MP, you could see one of my previous posts,
And our situation is so much similar, I also do have the offer. So let’s see
Thanks for your response.

Its been so nerve-racking for me. I also want to reach out to my local MP, could you mention what you included in your letter to the MP so I can draft my letter in a similar way?

I am hoping I can get a response soon and hopefully an expedited process

user94531

Dec 2, 2023
Hi all. I received my study permit extension along with my spouse open work permit today. Applied on 4th February 2024, correspondence letter received on 30th July and new study permit on 31st July 2024
Just wanted to ask the POF, how much funds did you show and in what form?

Did you include any funds in the home country with CAD equivalence document attached and signed by bank manager/accountant?

Any idea if they count the same as Canadian funds?

user94531

Dec 2, 2023
Applied for SP + SOWP extension on February 2nd.
Approved july 31st.

Did you include any funds in the home country with CAD equivalence document attached and signed by bank manager/accountant?

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Thanks for your response.

Its been so nerve-racking for me. I also want to reach out to my local MP, could you mention what you included in your letter to the MP so I can draft my letter in a similar way?

I am hoping I can get a response soon and hopefully an expedited process
Just write a short letter including your specific situation addressed to MP. i applied on so and so date, it expired on …..its been so ….. days, no response has been received from ircc, the application has exceeded normal processing times, this uncertainty is making me anxious and i am not able to plan for my future.

Reactions: ciano88

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024

Funds are funds, doesn’t matter the currency
Proof of funds would include stmts, bank cert, pay stub, employment letter etc, you can refer to application portal its mentioned there
Amount should be Equivalent to the remaining period of study.

Reactions: user94531

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
Just write a short letter including your specific situation addressed to MP. i applied on so and so date, it expired on …..its been so ….. days, no response has been received from ircc, the application has exceeded normal processing times, this uncertainty is making me anxious and i am not able to plan for my future.
Thanks much. Will do just that.

One more thing, did you send the letter by post? or by email?

I see the MP's have an email address on their contact pages.

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Thanks much. Will do just that.

One more thing, did you send the letter by post? or by email?

I see the MP's have an email address on their contact pages.
By email, they will then redirect it to their local constituency email, which will ask for a few docs to ensure that your address falls under their constituency and give you a consent form.

Rest follow their instructions.

Reactions: ciano88

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
By email, they will then redirect it to their local constituency email, which will ask for a few docs to ensure that your address falls under their constituency and give you a consent form.

Rest follow their instructions.
Thanks. will do this I hope we get our approvals by this Friday. fingers crossed. all the best

Will keep you posted

Reactions: rmalik2

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
Thanks. Did you consult any agent regarding the situation?
I set an appointment with one for August 5th. I hope that he can provide some clarification on what to do?

I also wanted to check with my employer if I could have the job offer deferred for a month or so. I hope they will agree with that.

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
I set an appointment with one for August 5th. I hope that he can provide some clarification on what to do?

I also wanted to check with my employer if I could have the job offer deferred for a month or so. I hope they will agree with that.
Nice, could you share if you get any new insights. And a small request, could you ask how much time does it take for security assessment to be completed for study permit? I’m not sure if they would know.

Context: My application is at this stage (hopefully the last stage as per response received from IRCC through MP). Eligibility and criminality have been passed.

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
Nice, could you share if you get any new insights. And a small request, could you ask how much time does it take for security assessment to be completed for study permit? I’m not sure if they would know.

Context: My application is at this stage (hopefully the last stage as per response received from IRCC through MP). Eligibility and criminality have been passed.
Sure, I'll add that one to my list and let you know what he says

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
Thank you, much appreciated - will share any updates here.
Hi rmalik2, so according to the agent the security assessment is the last phase of the background check, however there is no real way of telling how long that process takes. The positive I can take is that he mentioned we should be getting a decision soon, since this process normally takes 5-6 months.

I hope this helps