+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Orlawealth8

Jul 23, 2024
Ok thank you.

I'm asking because it's already 58 days infact this month makes 3 months since I applied for a study permit extension and it's still showing we are processing your background check and review of eligibility has not even started

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hi rmalik2, so according to the agent the security assessment is the last phase of the background check, however there is no real way of telling how long that process takes. The positive I can take is that he mentioned we should be getting a decision soon, since this process normally takes 5-6 months.

I hope this helps
I see, thank you so much. Indeed, it helps getting the confirmation.

Did you get any other insights or if there is any other way around or all we can do is just wait.

rmalik2

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Ok thank you.

I'm asking because it's already 58 days infact this month makes 3 months since I applied for a study permit extension and it's still showing we are processing your background check and review of eligibility has not even started
They hardly give real time updates. You may get the final decision without even these sections updated.

ciano88

Dec 19, 2018
I see, thank you so much. Indeed, it helps getting the confirmation.

Did you get any other insights or if there is any other way around or all we can do is just wait.
For me since I am in my coop work term, he mentioned I could ask the college to extend the coop if it’s within their capabilities.

or secondly, to ask for the leave of absence for the period after my final grades are posted.

he had also confirmed that our spouses are ok to work even after our studies end regardless of the date in their letter

other than that it’s just a waiting game for us. We can work until our final grades are posted though

Reactions: rmalik2

Mehohoh

Aug 11, 2024
Has anyone applied in July ? How long would it take and what influences this
Thank you
I applied in early June and still haven’t received any updates. They also didn’t contact me for any additional information so I don’t know what is happening… anyone also applied around late May/ early June? Please let me know if you have received any updates

Sysnco

Star Member
Apr 29, 2024
I applied in early June and still haven’t received any updates. They also didn’t contact me for any additional information so I don’t know what is happening… anyone also applied around late May/ early June? Please let me know if you have received any updates
Why does it take like 3 weeks for some and months for others ?

Chirpy3050

Jul 27, 2024
Was yours a sowp or a singular application?

Orlawealth8

Jul 23, 2024
I myself early June.
Still waiting. Maybe we will hear from them soon enough
We just keep praying