04-07-2014
Med's Done....
20-6-2014
VISA ISSUED...
031-7-2014
LANDED..........
22-8-2014
hiii friends ....

today i got mail from the scotia bank ..... Secure mail waiting: [secure] .... they are asking for register yourself ...

what does this mean ..... ?

plzzz reply ...

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiii friends ....

today i got mail from the scotia bank ..... Secure mail waiting: [secure] .... they are asking for register yourself ...

what does this mean ..... ?

plzzz reply ...
hey lovish

you need to click on the link, and then register for a new account to access the email, as scotia bank will not send you emails directly on your personal email..

most prolly they have sent you directions for wire transfer..

saiprashanth

Jun 23, 2014
Hi, I got admission in Windsor University for under graduate program in Mechanical Engineering. Applied for visa yesterday. Waiting :)

ajayaj

Jan 1, 2014
HI Guys,
Congratulations to everyone who has got their VISA and best of luck to those who are waiting for it. I got into Uvic fall 14. May be you guys can consider joining the "MS in canada fall 14" group over FB where you can find your prospective room mates and travel mates as well- https://www.facebook.com/groups/239773266188158/

Cheers~

Jun 4, 2014
Hey Jas add my name too.. I got my visa today..

No IELTS or Toefl, No Fee paid ,No Parents ITRs or anything

General Category but should have applied under university category. I do not have previous Canada visa rejection

Applied : 26th May
Med req : 5th June
Med & PP submitted : 10th June
Sent inquiry telling them about submitted med report
Passport Dispatched : 23 June

Note : I am yet to get any approval email communication from the consulate

Thanks-

@ meagan99 - Big Thanks to my Jatt Bro also..

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Jatt James Bond said:
Hey Jas add my name too.. I got my visa today..

No IELTS or Toefl, No Fee paid ,No Parents ITRs or anything

General Category but should have applied under university category. I do not have previous Canada visa rejection

Applied : 26th May
Med req : 5th June
Med & PP submitted : 10th June
Sent inquiry telling them about submitted med report
Passport Dispatched : 23 June

Note : I am yet to get any approval email communication from the consulate

Thanks-

@ meagan99 - Big Thanks to my Jatt Bro also..
CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Jun 24, 2014
Hello friends,

Myself Nikhil, applied online and submitted for a study permit on Jun 16-2014.

Got a letter from CIC on Jun 23-2014 with the words "..a decision has been made on your application.." and asked for my passport .So i sent through VFS.
However, this has not reflected in MyCIC account. That is confusing and I dont know what to make of this.

From the member's experience, do you think this says that CIC has approved my visa.

I have got admitted for a two years MSc at UofC, Calgary, Alberta.

Jebi

Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2014
IELTS Request
waived
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
26/07/2014
Hello Jatt how did you get your Visa without IELTS? Did you apply under university category? Which University? and when did you apply?

Please let me know.

Jebi

Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2014
IELTS Request
waived
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
26/07/2014
Hi Lakesh6 could you please help me with SOP.

Many thanks

my mail id- jabasons1980@yahoo.com

kour

Apr 17, 2014
yes Nikhil...u have got visa...
same happened wid me as well...n I got visa after they askd for my pp...
so congrats man

mo935

Jun 18, 2014
movingon_nikhil said:
Hello friends,

Myself Nikhil, applied online and submitted for a study permit on Jun 16-2014.

Got a letter from CIC on Jun 23-2014 with the words "..a decision has been made on your application.." and asked for my passport .So i sent through VFS.
However, this has not reflected in MyCIC account. That is confusing and I dont know what to make of this.

From the member's experience, do you think this says that CIC has approved my visa.

I have got admitted for a two years MSc at UofC, Calgary, Alberta.
I hope for the best dude !

secondly can you guide me in this
if i apply online ..
do i need to follow the same university checklist on the canadainternational website

OR

the checklist generated online --- i have doubts with this one .. its very generic and not specific for india

Jun 24, 2014
Hello Mo935,

Go to CIC canada website and click on : Apply Study permit, just look around, its there

Follow the steps there. Its quite simple, even though it may look confusing in the beginning.

I ll just re-count what I did-
1. I filled in a common-questionnaire which asks me the purpose of my visit, which is temporary more than 6months study permit. Then cic goes on to ask me questions regarding my family and so on....generic questions, answer truthfully.

2. Once that is done, it will give you a PIN NUMBER (which will basically hold all the answers you would have given to the questionnaire), and will ask you to register into MyCIC
Note: You could first register with MyCIC and finish step1 as well.

3. You can create MyCIC account with the bank (if you have a bank account) or MyCIC account with a GCKey( government of Canada Key). I did the latter, as I found that I dont need to provide bank details ( have got department-funding).

4. Once you login, depending on the answers of your questionnaire, CIC will give you forms to fill. You can download these forms into your PCs, fill it up, and CIC will allow you to upload documents one-by-one, in the order (top to down), you will understand once you see, its no big deal
I got the main VISA form IMM1294
family details IMM5654
Proof of Means of financial support - where I attached the funding letters, along with my FD and PPF
scanned copy of my passport - they need the pages with stamps or any visa basically
Digital photo
Acceptance letter
5. I also uploaded an explanation letter, saying please contact me at this email address.
Once you submit, you will get a dashboard which indicates the present status regarding your application.
You can only upload more documents only when CIC requests them.
6. Submitted on Jun 16-2014
7. Two days later, CIC asked me to upload my under-grad certificate and take a medical test.
8. I did both of them
9.Jun 23-2014 : medical test: pass and and got a letter with words"...a decision has been made..."
10. Have sent the passport through VFS, waiting waiting waiting

Depending on your scenario, Mo, you may see more forms or less forms.
During uploading documents, say for Proof of means of Financial support: make sure all the scanned copies including your FDs or PPFs or LICs or payslips (if you were working) or savings in bank account all come in a single file (pdfs or docs, your choice), If you prefer to upload pdfs, google pdf merger and you can merge multiple pdfs to a single pdf.

Last note: Make sure you have only ONE registered ID with CIC canada, and in your account, you will see links to your application. Dont have multiple IDs. If you feel that you have goofed up your application, simply login to your MyCIC and delete that application and re-start under the SAME ID. If we have multiple, it will create more confusion, I guess because your MyCIC will have your passport details as well

Thank you Kour, I am waiting for the passport, hopefully they must not ask my passport and then put a refusal stamp - that would be cruel :eek:

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Guys please dont get excited if you get the offer letters...everyone gets it coz the colleges and government just want to mint money from international students, so its a very very rare case that someone might not get the offer letter...lol...telling by experience..