+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
durka, cchabert and akk,

I did sign the form but i put an exception beside my signature that THEY MUST NOT CALL MY BOSS. I even asked gingie in Philadelphia before doing that. i also included a cover letter explaning that i do not want them to call my boss.

olu

durka said:
exactly, they aren't stupid. that is why the applicant is suppose to sign the declaration which is on pre-assessment form where one point states that alberta reserves the right to verify employment and education. so they have our consent already.
olusolalekan said:
akk,

Alberta is not stupid and they do not want to face lawsuits. i am pretty sure they DO NOT CALL HR/Boss WITHOUT written consent from you. relax my friend...it is well for you and all of us.

Olu

aayaz

Nov 17, 2008
guys i asked a question yesterday, if anyone can guide me in this regard.

actually i hve to go to pakistan for my marriage and i also hve to get my H1B stamped. As u might know that stamping can take a few months, but i dont want this process to be delayed. in light of ur advice i will apply from USA through my uncle. by reading this thread, i hve concluded that it is taking around 4 months from beginning approx. to get the nomination certificate, is it right?
Another question is if i delay my visit to pakistan till i get the nomination certificate and apply for CIC from USA,is it more advisable, do i hve to apply for CIC in person in USA or forms can be mailed. need ur expert opinion. thanks a lot. u guys hve been a great help. May God Bless You All.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Impact on AINP due to change in employer

Folks and Gurus,

I am looking to change my employer in next few weeks. I applied for AINP in Sept xxxx-xxx-0178. Based on processing times for inge, olu, etc. it seems that I should receive mine in 2-3 weeks.

Quick question here is - Is it ok to change employer

A. At this stage OR
B. Wait for AINP approval and then change OR
C. Wait for approval from CIC?

Any other input is most welcome in case I might have missed something vital.

Thanks in advance,
Taps

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
olusolalekan said:
congrats walkingfunny. you and ccherbert live in atlanta? I just moved out of atlanta and now live in Philly. I still come back every month because i have some tenants there.
I live in Hiram, nobody seems to know where that is, so I usually just say Powder Springs since Hiram is right next to it. I work at a University around downtown atlanta.

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
aayaz said:
guys i asked a question yesterday, if anyone can guide me in this regard.

actually i hve to go to pakistan for my marriage and i also hve to get my H1B stamped. As u might know that stamping can take a few months, but i dont want this process to be delayed. in light of ur advice i will apply from USA through my uncle. by reading this thread, i hve concluded that it is taking around 4 months from beginning approx. to get the nomination certificate, is it right?
Another question is if i delay my visit to pakistan till i get the nomination certificate and apply for CIC from USA,is it more advisable, do i hve to apply for CIC in person in USA or forms can be mailed. need ur expert opinion. thanks a lot. u guys hve been a great help. May God Bless You All.
Aayaz, a friend of mine went for same to get married and get H1B Visa in Passport, for his case it tooks 4 months in 2007. But what I heard that now a days it takes up to 5-6 months, and you have to submit via American Express!
Well as per your question, do I have to apply for CIC in person in USA or Forms can be mailed.
As soon as your PNP will approved and received nomination, your application will forward to CIC and then CIC will contact you for getting other documents such as police certificate, medical or other docs, from all the countries you lived for more than six months since your 18th birthday. Ones you will submit all the docs including police certificate etc... then CIC will process your application (it will take upto 3-6 months) and if require they will call you for interview and issue you immigration visa.
Guys please correct me if I am wrong....

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
walkingfunny...i know HIRAM! still close to Acworth and my friend live there. we drink together every other weekend. he lives close to the Walmart off of Acworth Hoghway. Hiram is laid back and I like it.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Tapak,

If your PnP certificate is almost here, then wait till you get it. As soon as you get the PnP nomination but before applying to CIC, inform Alberta. They will include an "update form" in the approval package, that you will need to send back with the new employer. there is also a consent form that must be sent anyways (saying that you understand the rules) so you can mail both.

then you will apply to CIC with the updated employer info.....good luck

olu

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Don't you guys think this would set a 'red flag' and make them suspicious? Because even thought you asked them to not call, they would call (since you sign the document that says they can contact employer/government)?
In my case I already sent all the documents, still waiting for my number. I thought about calling or sending a fax asking them to not call, but that worries me....

Akk

olusolalekan said:
durka, cchabert and akk,

I did sign the form but i put an exception beside my signature that THEY MUST NOT CALL MY BOSS. I even asked gingie in Philadelphia before doing that. i also included a cover letter explaning that i do not want them to call my boss.

olu

durka said:
exactly, they aren't stupid. that is why the applicant is suppose to sign the declaration which is on pre-assessment form where one point states that alberta reserves the right to verify employment and education. so they have our consent already.
olusolalekan said:
akk,

Alberta is not stupid and they do not want to face lawsuits. i am pretty sure they DO NOT CALL HR/Boss WITHOUT written consent from you. relax my friend...it is well for you and all of us.

Olu

durka

Oct 25, 2008
not sure what they would do in olu's case. he has put them on the spot, lol.
akk said:
Don't you guys think this would set a 'red flag' and make them suspicious? Because even thought you asked them to not call, they would call (since you sign the document that says they can contact employer/government)?
In my case I already sent all the documents, still waiting for my number. I thought about calling or sending a fax asking them to not call, but that worries me....

Akk

olusolalekan said:
durka, cchabert and akk,

olu

durka said:
olusolalekan said:
akk,

Olu

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
durka,

well approved my PnP. i am sure they understand why people don't want to let there bosses know about it.

olu

durka said:
akk said:

Akk

olusolalekan said:
durka, cchabert and akk,

olu

durka said:
olusolalekan said:
akk,

Olu

tan

Nov 23, 2008
Does anybody know of any other people who file under NOC 1111? I am currently working in public accounting firm and planning to change employer and work in a Small Comercial Company as their in-house accountant. The description in the NOC appears to be more appropriate for public accounting than industry. I am currently in the pre assessment process, emailed my documents on Nov 11.

My questions are:
1. Would it affect AINP process if I move to a different job in the middle of the process? Ingegarcia mentioned in previous post that Gingie told him; he can continue his process even if he is no longer working. But does this only apply if we already receive the invitation? Hopefully I will get my invitation in mid December so I can at least wait until then before I change employer.
2. Would it make a difference if I can wait until I get the nomination, hopefully in March or April '09 before I move to another job? Would it be better?
3. Olu, did you already start job hunting in our field? Public accounting or Industry? I am currious about the job market in Calgary?
3. I read somewhere that when we get the nomination letter and a job offer we can apply for a temporary work permit and start working while CIC process the Immigrant Visa. Does this apply to this AINP as well?

Thanks,

Tan

durka

Oct 25, 2008
yeah, you are right.
olusolalekan said:
durka,

well approved my PnP. i am sure they understand why people don't want to let there bosses know about it.

olu

durka said:
akk said:

Akk

olusolalekan said:
durka, cchabert and akk,

olu

durka said:
olusolalekan said:
akk,

Olu

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Aayaz..... I understand you are going to Pakistan to get married and will do H1 stamping too. Here is another insight that my friend did for stamping.

My friend applied multiple visa entry for Canada (Cost only $150). He took appointment in Calgary for H1 stamping, went there and of course they said they will reply in 30 days due to administrative/background check. He was aware of it as its normal for H1 candidate especially for Pakistanis. He asked his passport back and asked to inform when the processing is done. He flew to Toronto, got a flight and went to Pakistan. He spent 45 days and of course he also got engaged during this visit. Luckily, he got his processing done in 2 weeks and they informed him, but he still stayed until he decided to come back.
Landed in Canada, went to US embassy next day early morning to deposit his passport and they asked him to collect in the evening. He got his stamped passport without any hassle and came back to US.

This is something you can consider if you think you have all documents with no discrepancies. I won't encourage you to get stamping done in Pakistan since you are very well aware of the situation. Everything is so uncertain there.

On the contrary, if you have already decided to go to Pakistan and get stamping done there.
Your pre-assessment will come within a month, some cases it just came in 2 weeks. As we spoke about that get ready all the documents, and ask your uncle to submit from here (usa). I strongly advise you to get nomination first and then think to transfer CIC processing from Pakistan. During your stay in Pakistan, don't forget to get the police report as its has a validity for 6 months.
Good luck to start a new journey of life..... Congrat! Shadi Mubarak !!

aayaz said:

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
I also got the file number through email on Nov. 21. luckily I didnt have to call and ask for update. It just came exactly in 2 weeks.
Pre-assessment - Sep 16
Invitation letter - Oct 27
Docs Reached in AB - Nov. 7th
Acknowledgment and file reference assigned: Nov. 21th -(xxx-xx-0335)