+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

C

cchabert

olusolalekan said:
walkingfunny...i know HIRAM! still close to Acworth and my friend live there. we drink together every other weekend. he lives close to the Walmart off of Acworth Hoghway. Hiram is laid back and I like it.
I use to go to the Pollo Loco at HIRAM, good place if you like chicken, Olu are you coming soon? maybe we can (all 3) have a reunion to share experiences and points of view.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
nix1 said:
Guys,

What is the best way to send my application package to AINP? I would like to keep the cost less than $30 and I would like the package to get there in at least 5 days and be able to track or get a signature confirmation. Thanks.
I sent my documents via USPS, cost only $24 (precisely). I was about to send via Fedex but couldn't find any closet location. So avoiding delay I used the USPS Express Mail service. It great and give you tracking number too. I sent my documents monday and friday morning, it was in AB Office. I guess it will really work out for you great...
Good Luck!!!

C

cchabert

I used FedEx. put them on Monday and Alberta got them on Tuesday at 12pm, of course cost me $75 dlls, but I don't want to wait another week on transit

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
findude32 and cchabert,

Thank you so much. I will use USPS too. Sorry! I posted my question on a wrong thread.

One more question, The provincial nomination form (ABPNP 003) asks for 'Country of Last Permanent Residence". Do I put my home country name or just N/A. The only countries I have lived are my home country and the US and I am not a permanent resident here. Thanks.

C

cchabert

nix1 said:
findude32 and cchabert,

Thank you so much. I will use USPS too. Sorry! I posted my question on a wrong thread.

One more question, The provincial nomination form (ABPNP 003) asks for 'Country of Last Permanent Residence". Do I put my home country name or just N/A. The only countries I have lived are my home country and the US and I am not a permanent resident here. Thanks.
I put my home country, same case here I'm not permanent resident in US

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
nix1 said:
Most of us who are on H1 have no permanent residency of US. Therefore the home country has become our PR country by default irrespective we dont use the term 'permanent residence' in our home country. :)

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Polo Loco is just about 1 mile from my house .... yes, it will be nice if we can arrange a meeting of some sort ....
cchabert said:
olusolalekan said:
walkingfunny...i know HIRAM! still close to Acworth and my friend live there. we drink together every other weekend. he lives close to the Walmart off of Acworth Hoghway. Hiram is laid back and I like it.
I use to go to the Pollo Loco at HIRAM, good place if you like chicken, Olu are you coming soon? maybe we can (all 3) have a reunion to share experiences and points of view.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Hi All especially to the senior gurus,

Here's my timeline.

Oct28 sent my pre-assesment
Oct28 confirmation that the received pre-assesment
Nov24 Received invitation to apply for the Alberta immigrant nominee program

I was just wondering if what's the next process for this one. Any inputs are highly appreciated.
Wishing all the best luck in the whole wide world.... :)

C

cchabert

josephdadreamer said:
Hi All especially to the senior gurus,

Here's my timeline.

Oct28 sent my pre-assesment
Oct28 confirmation that the received pre-assesment
Nov24 Received invitation to apply for the Alberta immigrant nominee program

I was just wondering if what's the next process for this one. Any inputs are highly appreciated.
Wishing all the best luck in the whole wide world.... :)
Fill the forms, make zillion of copies of everything they're asking, certified the ones who need to be, and send your book to Alberta ASAP, sit and wait, have a beer or cigar.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Someone said to put US, because actually we live here, and Alberta knows that we don't have the PR here (otherwise, why apply).
So I put US.

Akk

cchabert said:
nix1 said:
findude32 and cchabert,

I put my home country, same case here I'm not permanent resident in US

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
akk said:
Someone said to put US, because actually we live here, and Alberta knows that we don't have the PR here (otherwise, why apply).
So I put US.
Akk
I wish things could be so simple as they seem. If living in US could give us PR status; won't it be awesome?
According to my least knowledge, residential status for tax purposes has nothing to do with Immigration (INS). So let say you live in one particular state for certain no. of years that will govern you right to be that state resident, but that does not mean you will become permanent resident of US. Residency concept has different meaning w.r.t to IRS and INS.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
findude32 said:
akk said:
So I put US.
Akk
I wish things could be so simple as they seem. If living in US could give us PR status; won't it be awesome?
According to my least knowledge, residential status for tax purposes has nothing to do with Immigration (INS). So let say you live in one particular state for certain no. of years that will govern you right to be that state resident, but that does not mean you will become permanent resident of US. Residency concept has different meaning w.r.t to IRS and INS.
finddude32,
I think I too have mentioned USA as my current permanent residency. Should I send an updated letter for this mistake?
Thanks in advance,
Taps

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I don't think so...Seriously, they know it...
We are currently living in US, we have employers here (we sent all the paper work proving that)...and of course we don't have PR here, otherwise no H1B would be needed.

If you put 'current permanent residency' your home country they may think you left US (few people are getting laid off and they are applying from their home country)...

Just my opinion....I don't think you should make a big deal of it, they will figure it out, otherwise it should be better explained on the forms, since all of us would have doubts about it.

Akk

Tapak said:
findude32 said:
akk said:
So I put US.
Akk
finddude32,
I think I too have mentioned USA as my current permanent residency. Should I send an updated letter for this mistake?
Thanks in advance,
Taps

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I finally mailed my application package to the AINP. I feel a lot better now. I sent it via USPS and it cost me $23.95 and according to them, it will get there in 5 business days. I hope it gets there on Friday. I forgot to count how many pages were there, but it was pretty heavy (9.9 oz).

I really appreciate those of you who took the time to answer my questions.

A few questions:
1. I wrote only month and year (ex. 01/2006) for start and end date for my jobs. Am I going to be ok?
2. For the end dates of current job and current address, left them blank first and printed them and wrote "TO DATE" by pen. Would that be OK?
3. I did not put the original invitation letter at the top of the pile. First I put AINP form, CIC forms and then the original invitation letter and supporting docs. Do you think I am going to be ok?
4. I did not find a place to sign on IMM 0008 Generic form. Was there a place where I needed to sign?

Thanks for your time.

Jul 31, 2008
Guys,

Got my letter to apply for pnp. For the IMM 0008, do we need to send any photos? Someplace I read that we shd send 4 photos, others say no photos. I am confused. Plz help gurus.

Thanks.

findude32 said:
Form 1 Schedule 4
Ans # Yes, Alberta
Yes, mention the funds available in CAD dollars. The amount can be lump sum. But make sure be realistic. It not like you are mentioning 50k and when the time come during the landing process, you only have to show few thousands.
2) ABPNP 003 a lot of applicant must be under 2171 and I'm sure they also left blank. First four I think we are not eligible to anyone and the last part, I wrote N/A = Not applicable.
3) IMM 08 (GENERIC)
I am not sure what is your home country but most of the countries have NIC = National identification card which you can term as social security w.r.t USA/Canada. If you have such card from your home country, you can mention in this column.

4). Photos Yes, you don't need photographs at this stage. If you want you can enclosed but it will be a waste since you have to provide photograph again once you will submit your CIC application.

Good Luck...:)