+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Congradulations to each and everyone in this forum to reach next level.......... Today got filenumber ((xxxx-xx-0372) & Noc Code applied is : 2171

Here is my timeline

Thanks to everyone sharing the info so far.

Here is my timeline :

Pre-Assessment Application Sent - Sep 27, 2008
Email Confirmation Received - Oct 1, 2008
APINP Invitation Pkg Received - Nov 3, 2008
Sent APINP Application - Nov 15, 2008
Tracked thr FedEx online (Delivered) - Nov 18, 2008
Received File Number - Nov 25, 2008

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
bb0310 said:
Just got a call from Alberta, my Nomination is Approved.

xxx-xx-0155

June 25, 2008 -Submitted documents for pre-assessment through email
June 30, 2008 -Got confirmation through email that they received my documents
August 16, 2008 -Received invitation from AINP
September 3, 2008 -AB received my application for PNP (through FedEx tracking)
October 1, 2008 -Got notification through email that they received my application and gave file number.
November 25, 2008 -Nomination Approved.

Thanks be to God.
Indeed thats A Thanks be to God...!!!! Congrats to you !!!

C

cchabert

I just got my file number...woohoo!!..my file number is 0370 and my NOC is 1111

Here is my timeline :

Pre-Assessment Application Sent - Oct 2, 2008
Email Confirmation Received - Oct 6, 2008
APINP Invitation Pkg Received - Nov 7, 2008
Sent APINP Application - Nov 17, 2008
Tracked thr FedEx online (Delivered) - Nov 18, 2008
Received File Number - Nov 25, 2008

seljem our numbers are to close, my letter said 40 to 60 working days to process. Keep fingers (20 of them) crossing.

Cheers!

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Congratulations!!! Enjoy long wkend!!

bb0310 said:
Thanks guys. My NOC is 2147

findude32 said:
bb0310 said:
xxx-xx-0155
June 25, 2008 -Submitted documents for pre-assessment through email
June 30, 2008 -Got confirmation through email that they received my documents
August 16, 2008 -Received invitation from AINP
September 3, 2008 -AB received my application for PNP (through FedEx tracking)
October 1, 2008 -Got notification through email that they received my application and gave file number.
November 25, 2008 -Nomination Approved.
Thanks be to God.
Many Many Congrat! and good luck to start CIC process.
I just need to ask kindly to mention your NOC code.
And I will request to all of us that whoever get the nomination, include NOC and file number that will help us to watch closely the pattern.
Thanks and once again, Congrat & Celebrate thanksgiving with alot Peace of Mind. :)

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I am sorry, but as far as I remember, it does not say permanent residence, it says just residence. Which is a different thing. I am not trying to redefine anything.

Akk.

olusolalekan said:
akk and others,

Do NOT REDEFINE "permanent residence"! It is very simple. Your permanent residence is the country in which you have the legal right to live in. If you are a citizen of a country other than US and you only live in the US for work purpose temporarily (H1B), then you CAN NEVER claim US as your country of permanent residence. canada/alberta needs that information for statistics and record purpose. They know you are not a permenent resident of US if you have H1B so they want to know the country where you have the right to live in.

This will not negatively affect your application but you need to reflect the truth at all times. Make sure you make the appropritate correction by sending them an update (mail or fax) if you made that honest mistake earlier.

Olu

akk said:
I don't think so...Seriously, they know it...
We are currently living in US, we have employers here (we sent all the paper work proving that)...and of course we don't have PR here, otherwise no H1B would be needed.

If you put 'current permanent residency' your home country they may think you left US (few people are getting laid off and they are applying from their home country)...

Just my opinion....I don't think you should make a big deal of it, they will figure it out, otherwise it should be better explained on the forms, since all of us would have doubts about it.

Akk

Tapak said:
findude32 said:
akk said:
Someone said to put US, because actually we live here, and Alberta knows that we don't have the PR here (otherwise, why apply).
So I put US.
Akk
I wish things could be so simple as they seem. If living in US could give us PR status; won't it be awesome?
According to my least knowledge, residential status for tax purposes has nothing to do with Immigration (INS). So let say you live in one particular state for certain no. of years that will govern you right to be that state resident, but that does not mean you will become permanent resident of US. Residency concept has different meaning w.r.t to IRS and INS.
finddude32,
I think I too have mentioned USA as my current permanent residency. Should I send an updated letter for this mistake?
Thanks in advance,
Taps

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Congrats BB on your nomination!
And to those who got their file numbers from Alberta, congrats too! That calls for a celebration :)
I just hope they will email me my file number within the week. I sent the docs via USPS last November 13.
Goodluck to all!
Happy Thanksgiving!

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
I just got my file number. My NOC is 2171.

Pre Assessment submitted: October 20th
Pre Assessment Approved: November 10th
Alberta received my app : November 18th
Received File Number : November 25th

My file number is xxxx-xx-0378

Good luck for everyone who got your nominations and file numbers.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Yes, they did because they have instructions for me for FSW I applied back in my home country.

Thanks guys and goodluck to everyone, it's faster than you think.

nix1 said:
Congratulations!

Did they call you to tell you that your case has been approved? That's pretty cool. I had not heard people getting a direct phone call from the AINP office. Enjoy the Thanksgiving and long weekend.

bb0310 said:

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent mine via USPS (express mail) too and I have a tracking number and it only tracks until the package left the ISC Chicago. Were you able to track your package all the way to the AINP office? You sent yours on Nov 13, do you know when they received it? I sent mine on Nov 24th.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Thanks.

jpadz said:
Congrats BB on your nomination!
And to those who got their file numbers from Alberta, congrats too! That calls for a celebration :)
I just hope they will email me my file number within the week. I sent the docs via USPS last November 13.
Goodluck to all!
Happy Thanksgiving!

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Back in Sep, there was an article in Calagary Herald, according to that it said

"Alberta Employment and Immigration spokeswoman Sorcha McGinnis said of 650 applications they have already received, 65 people have submitted full applications and eight people have already received nominations."
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=514874d3-c24e-47eb-b2e3-2dc8a396f0cc

Wondering if 650 applications were received that time then how come we are getting file number below 650. For eg. last three numbers are 128,142,155,309,335,372,378....and so on.

nix1, Relax dude, your package will be in AB on friday if its left chicago today. Luckily there is no thanksgiving in canada in Nov so you wont be delayed because of holidays in US.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I believe that is an old article written in Sept 18, 2008... I guess by now the number of applicants is more than 350 :))

findude32 said:

"Alberta Employment and Immigration spokeswoman Sorcha McGinnis said of 650 applications they have already received, 65 people have submitted full applications and eight people have already received nominations."
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=514874d3-c24e-47eb-b2e3-2dc8a396f0cc

Wondering if 650 applications were received that time then how come we are getting file number below 650. For eg. last three numbers are 128,142,155,309,335,372,378....and so on.

nix1, Relax dude, your package will be in AB on friday if its left chicago today. Luckily there is no thanksgiving in canada in Nov so you wont be delayed because of holidays in US.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
The answer to the question below is that - applying does not mean you will get a number. If you pass pre-assessment and you are invited and you applied to the real PnP program, you will get a number.

Therefore, you may have more applicants than file numbers. You also have to remember that NOT all applicants to the PnP are on this website and thread.....LOL!

ingegarcia said:
I believe that is an old article written in Sept 18, 2008... I guess by now the number of applicants is more than 350 :))

findude32 said:

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
olusolalekan said:
The answer to the question below is that - applying does not mean you will get a number. If you pass pre-assessment and you are invited and you applied to the real PnP program, you will get a number.
Therefore, you may have more applicants than file numbers. You also have to remember that NOT all applicants to the PnP are on this website and thread.....LOL!
My bad....:-(
I get it now, they consider full application who applied for PNP certificate nomination not pre-assessment.
duh!... Me.... but hey didn't I give you guys something to laugh upon;)
cheers!

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
I believe the meaning of this article should be

Article:
Alberta Employment and Immigration spokeswoman Sorcha McGinnis said of 650 applications they have already received, 65 people have submitted full applications and eight people have already received nominations.

My Point of view:
They received 650 pre-assessment applications, and they issued invitations, but only 65 people have submitted full application with all the documents and after process 8 received nominations.

I might be wrong, but its looks like that…

People are thinking too much, before submitting application, and secondly may be few of them are lazy or not too much serious when it comes to submit all the documents and application form.

As few people only curious to check as they will be eligible for applying or not!

And top of that this process is free to apply