+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
Wow! People are getting nominated!!! Its really moving there in AB.

I also got my file number today via email: xxx-xx-0393 :)
I sent my package via USPS so it took a while to reach Canada...it reached them anyhow last Nov. 20.

Congrats Nominees. Something to giveThanks this Thanksgiving day!! Cheers.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
hi nix!
i was able to track it today, and i was a bit surprised because it just arrived yesterday.
it looks like i need to wait another week again for my file number.
whew!

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
jpadz said:
hi nix!
i was able to track it today, and i was a bit surprised because it just arrived yesterday.
it looks like i need to wait another week again for my file number.
whew!
Hi jpadz and all,

What documents did you send during the second stage? Thanks....

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hi Joseph!
I understand that you received an invitation to apply already for the AINP. The documents we sent are basically the ones being asked in the letter (ex. certificates of trainings). We get it notarized.
Hope it helps!

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Could some one tell me what questions Alberta is asking a candidate's employer. I would like to prime my employer for that.

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
hi,
i got the invitation to apply for nomination .... i got some question regarding filing forms
1. in (ABPNP 003) under Occupation & Education in INDUSTRY & ASSOCIATION STANDARDS REQUIRD & OBTAINED:

What does it mean ??? i m applying under Engineering so how should i get Association of Professional Engineers?
pls reply as soon as possible
Thanks

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
If you have any particular certification that is required to do your job and you already have it then you specify it in here..... BTW this should be for your current position in US if you are applying under H1B program...
For example if you are a doctor/civil engineer, etc and you are working in US under H1B then you most probably needed to present a certification/standard to perform your job....

However if you work in IT and you have a java certification then it is desirable in the IT field for you to have a certification.. because you can find a job but it is not required..... you can do your job if you don't poses any...

I hope this helps.... btw, good luck with your application...

rabzee said:
hi,
i got the invitation to apply for nomination .... i got some question regarding filing forms
1. in (ABPNP 003) under Occupation & Education in INDUSTRY & ASSOCIATION STANDARDS REQUIRD & OBTAINED:

What does it mean ??? i m applying under Engineering so how should i get Association of Professional Engineers?
pls reply as soon as possible
Thanks

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and may be very busy shopping from the early morning today.

I just tracked my application package that was sent via USPS on Monday afternoon. This is what it says, "Delivered Abroad, November 28, 2008, 6:12 am, CANADA". Do you think the AINP office opens that early to be able to accept my application package that early? Or do they just drop the package in the box? Anyway, I am very happy that it is already there and hopefully I will get my case number in about 2 weeks. Thanks.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Friends, I have recieved AINP application kit in the mail. I will appreciate if somebody could help
me with some queries... I have applied under code 2171 Information Systems Analyst and Consultant.

Actually I carry out roles of a software consultant/software architect/software developer at client site. My
company is a consulting firm. My h1 LCA letter mentions that I do analysis, design, development,
Testing & QA but mentions my designation as "Software Engineer".

My employer also gave me a verification letter stating my designation as "Software Engineer".

Friends do you think if this h1 LCA letter & verification letter will matter since the designation
doest not exactly match the wording for NOC 2171.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
ainpdude said:
Friends, I have recieved AINP application kit in the mail. I will appreciate if somebody could help
me with some queries... I have applied under code 2171 Information Systems Analyst and Consultant.

Actually I carry out roles of a software consultant/software architect/software developer at client site. My
company is a consulting firm. My h1 LCA letter mentions that I do analysis, design, development,

My employer also gave me a verification letter stating my designation as "Software Engineer".

Friends do you think if this h1 LCA letter & verification letter will matter since the designation

Designation matching is not a problem, what should match is the duties with the code

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yes you shouldn't have any problem... I applied under NOC 2171 and my duties are for a Senior Software Engineer Developer. I was nominated by Alberta under H1B program in Nov 5...

moiz4you said:
ainpdude said:

Designation matching is not a problem, what should match is the duties with the code

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Seems to be that Canada will keep the quota of immigrants for 2009 and will speed up the process....

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=1008308

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2008/2008-11-28.asp

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Yes you shouldn't have any problem... I applied under NOC 2171 and my duties are for a Senior Software Engineer Developer. I was nominated by Alberta under H1B program in Nov 5...

moiz4you said:
ainpdude said:

ngegarcia, moiz and members....

I am beholden...really appreciate it.