+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

harivenkat

Oct 6, 2008
maplemapleleaf said:
Guys,

Got my letter to apply for pnp. For the IMM 0008, do we need to send any photos? Someplace I read that we shd send 4 photos, others say no photos. I am confused. Plz help gurus.

Thanks.

findude32 said:
Form 1 Schedule 4
Ans # Yes, Alberta
Yes, mention the funds available in CAD dollars. The amount can be lump sum. But make sure be realistic. It not like you are mentioning 50k and when the time come during the landing process, you only have to show few thousands.
2) ABPNP 003 a lot of applicant must be under 2171 and I'm sure they also left blank. First four I think we are not eligible to anyone and the last part, I wrote N/A = Not applicable.
3) IMM 08 (GENERIC)
I am not sure what is your home country but most of the countries have NIC = National identification card which you can term as social security w.r.t USA/Canada. If you have such card from your home country, you can mention in this column.

4). Photos Yes, you don't need photographs at this stage. If you want you can enclosed but it will be a waste since you have to provide photograph again once you will submit your CIC application.

Good Luck...:)

You dont need to mail photos for AINP. It is only after you recieve nomination and apply to CIC,
photos need to be sent.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
akk and others,

Do NOT REDEFINE "permanent residence"! It is very simple. Your permanent residence is the country in which you have the legal right to live in. If you are a citizen of a country other than US and you only live in the US for work purpose temporarily (H1B), then you CAN NEVER claim US as your country of permanent residence. canada/alberta needs that information for statistics and record purpose. They know you are not a permenent resident of US if you have H1B so they want to know the country where you have the right to live in.

This will not negatively affect your application but you need to reflect the truth at all times. Make sure you make the appropritate correction by sending them an update (mail or fax) if you made that honest mistake earlier.

Olu

akk said:
I don't think so...Seriously, they know it...
We are currently living in US, we have employers here (we sent all the paper work proving that)...and of course we don't have PR here, otherwise no H1B would be needed.

If you put 'current permanent residency' your home country they may think you left US (few people are getting laid off and they are applying from their home country)...

Just my opinion....I don't think you should make a big deal of it, they will figure it out, otherwise it should be better explained on the forms, since all of us would have doubts about it.

Akk

Tapak said:
findude32 said:
akk said:
Someone said to put US, because actually we live here, and Alberta knows that we don't have the PR here (otherwise, why apply).
So I put US.
Akk
I wish things could be so simple as they seem. If living in US could give us PR status; won't it be awesome?
According to my least knowledge, residential status for tax purposes has nothing to do with Immigration (INS). So let say you live in one particular state for certain no. of years that will govern you right to be that state resident, but that does not mean you will become permanent resident of US. Residency concept has different meaning w.r.t to IRS and INS.
finddude32,
I think I too have mentioned USA as my current permanent residency. Should I send an updated letter for this mistake?
Thanks in advance,
Taps

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Just got a call from Alberta, my Nomination is Approved.

xxx-xx-0155

June 25, 2008 -Submitted documents for pre-assessment through email
June 30, 2008 -Got confirmation through email that they received my documents
August 16, 2008 -Received invitation from AINP
September 3, 2008 -AB received my application for PNP (through FedEx tracking)
October 1, 2008 -Got notification through email that they received my application and gave file number.
November 25, 2008 -Nomination Approved.

Thanks be to God.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
bb0310 said:
xxx-xx-0155
October 1, 2008 -Got notification through email that they received my application and gave file number.
Thanks be to God.
Many Many Congrat! and good luck to start CIC process.
I just need to ask kindly to mention your NOC code.
And I will request to all of us that whoever get the nomination, include NOC and file number that will help us to watch closely the pattern.
Thanks and once again, Congrat & Celebrate thanksgiving with alot Peace of Mind. :)

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Congratulations bb0310!!!!

bb0310 said:

xxx-xx-0155

Thanks be to God.

C

cchabert

bb0310 said:

xxx-xx-0155

Thanks be to God.
That was AWSOME!!! Congrats!!

rk

Nov 25, 2008
Thats a good news.

I am next in line
xxx-xx-0161

July 03, 2008 -Submitted documents for pre-assessment through email
August 06, 2008 -Received invitation from AINP
September 08, 2008 -AB received my application for PNP (through FedEx tracking)
October 02, 2008 -Got notification through email that they received my application and gave file number.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Thanks guys. My NOC is 2147

findude32 said:
bb0310 said:
xxx-xx-0155
Thanks be to God.
Many Many Congrat! and good luck to start CIC process.
I just need to ask kindly to mention your NOC code.
And I will request to all of us that whoever get the nomination, include NOC and file number that will help us to watch closely the pattern.
Thanks and once again, Congrat & Celebrate thanksgiving with alot Peace of Mind. :)

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

Did they call you to tell you that your case has been approved? That's pretty cool. I had not heard people getting a direct phone call from the AINP office. Enjoy the Thanksgiving and long weekend.

bb0310 said:

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
cchabert and walkingfunny,

I will be in ATL/Powdersprings last week of the year. We must drink!

Olu

cchabert said:
olusolalekan said:
walkingfunny...i know HIRAM! still close to Acworth and my friend live there. we drink together every other weekend. he lives close to the Walmart off of Acworth Hoghway. Hiram is laid back and I like it.
I use to go to the Pollo Loco at HIRAM, good place if you like chicken, Olu are you coming soon? maybe we can (all 3) have a reunion to share experiences and points of view.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
CONGRATS!!!

bb0310 said:

xxx-xx-0155

Thanks be to God.

C

cchabert

olusolalekan said:
cchabert and walkingfunny,

I will be in ATL/Powdersprings last week of the year. We must drink!

Olu

Sure you got my email right? send me a line with the address and cell phone 8-D

cchabert said:
olusolalekan said:
walkingfunny...i know HIRAM! still close to Acworth and my friend live there. we drink together every other weekend. he lives close to the Walmart off of Acworth Hoghway. Hiram is laid back and I like it.
I use to go to the Pollo Loco at HIRAM, good place if you like chicken, Olu are you coming soon? maybe we can (all 3) have a reunion to share experiences and points of view.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
bb0310 said:

xxx-xx-0155

Thanks be to God.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jul 31, 2008
harivenkat said:
maplemapleleaf said:
Guys,

Got my letter to apply for pnp. For the IMM 0008, do we need to send any photos? Someplace I read that we shd send 4 photos, others say no photos. I am confused. Plz help gurus.

Thanks.

findude32 said:
Form 1 Schedule 4
Ans # Yes, Alberta
Yes, mention the funds available in CAD dollars. The amount can be lump sum. But make sure be realistic. It not like you are mentioning 50k and when the time come during the landing process, you only have to show few thousands.
2) ABPNP 003 a lot of applicant must be under 2171 and I'm sure they also left blank. First four I think we are not eligible to anyone and the last part, I wrote N/A = Not applicable.
3) IMM 08 (GENERIC)
I am not sure what is your home country but most of the countries have NIC = National identification card which you can term as social security w.r.t USA/Canada. If you have such card from your home country, you can mention in this column.

4). Photos Yes, you don't need photographs at this stage. If you want you can enclosed but it will be a waste since you have to provide photograph again once you will submit your CIC application.

Good Luck...:)

You dont need to mail photos for AINP. It is only after you recieve nomination and apply to CIC,
photos need to be sent.
Thanks so much for the info.