+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

hameedhr

Dec 27, 2011
Hello to everyone

Hope you guys are fine.

Please note my wife has applied for spousal immigration under faimly class on July 19, 2012 from Ontario Canada and later she confirmed from the consulate Canada that they have approved the application and sent to my file to Abu Dhabi consulate on Aug 29 for document verification etc. They have also given file number and ask my wife to tell husband to take follow-up from Abu Dhabi consulate.

I called them up and but could not get it connected to the concern as there was no option for follow up regarding family class immigration.

Pls note that I am UAE resident since last July 2011 and working as a Senior Officer in a local bank. Further I am Pakistani National. My wife is also Pakistani citizen but a Canadian PR holder and she is studying in Canada these days. I am taking care of her by sending funds every month. It is pertinent to mention that we got married in February 2012 here in Dubai.

Can anybody guide me under following?

How to take follow-up from Abu Dhabi consulate about my file number?
How much time they take normally for document verification?
What would be the next step after document verification?

Appreciate your early response in this.

Regards,
Hameed Ahmed
DUBAI- UAE

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
hameedhr said:
Hello to everyone

Hope you guys are fine.

Please note my wife has applied for spousal immigration under faimly class on July 19, 2012 from Ontario Canada and later she confirmed from the consulate Canada that they have approved the application and sent to my file to Abu Dhabi consulate on Aug 29 for document verification etc. They have also given file number and ask my wife to tell husband to take follow-up from Abu Dhabi consulate.

I called them up and but could not get it connected to the concern as there was no option for follow up regarding family class immigration.

Pls note that I am UAE resident since last July 2011 and working as a Senior Officer in a local bank. Further I am Pakistani National. My wife is also Pakistani citizen but a Canadian PR holder and she is studying in Canada these days. I am taking care of her by sending funds every month. It is pertinent to mention that we got married in February 2012 here in Dubai.

Regards,
Hameed Ahmed
DUBAI- UAE
Hi Hameed,

Once your file is transferred to AD they will contact you if they require any documents from you. There is no way to follow up from the phone. If you have any urgent enquiries you can send them an email which in most cases they won't reply since your application is still in the time limit of their current processing time from AbuDhabi.

Regards,

hameedhr

Dec 27, 2011
Hello to everyone

Hope you guys are fine.

Please note my wife has applied for spousal immigration on July 19, 2012 from Ontario Canada and later she confirmed from the consulate Canada that they have approved the application and sent to my file to Abu Dhabi consulate on Aug 29 for document verification etc. They have also given file number and ask my wife to tell husband to take follow-up from Abu Dhabi consulate.

Regards,
Hameed Ahmed
DUBAI- UAE

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea about changing the visa office that is processing your application? Or is it possible?
Coz i'm a Filipino citizen working here in Jeddah for more than 2 years. Problem is, my contract will end soon and i have plans on going home in the Philippines while waiting for the application. Is it ok to change my address and change the visa office from abu dhabi to manila, Philippines?

Thanks. Have a gud day to all!

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Tsichi15 said:
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea about changing the visa office that is processing your application? Or is it possible?
Coz i'm a Filipino citizen working here in Jeddah for more than 2 years. Problem is, my contract will end soon and i have plans on going home in the Philippines while waiting for the application. Is it ok to change my address and change the visa office from abu dhabi to manila, Philippines?

Thanks. Have a gud day to all!
Try sending the visa office an email explaining them your situation I am sure you can do that!

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
bu ayaan said:
Try sending the visa office an email explaining them your situation I am sure you can do that!
Hello!

I tried to send an email to abu dhabi office last oct. 30. I asked about my situation and also i'd like to confirm if they already received my papers. To my surprise, i immediately received 3 msgs from abu dhabi as soon as i had sent my msg. The email was stated as follows:
1. Acknowledgent letter for my query and told me that i have to wait for 28 days for an answer.
2. A letter stating that they already received my application but still not in process. They gave me my permanent resident file no. (Bxxxxxxxxx) can be checked in ecas when they start to process my application.
3. Additional documents like receipt of permanent resident fee, renewed police clearance and nbi clearance, 4 passport pictures, and residency questionnaire and cenomar( maybe advisory of marriage)

Is this the request letter for the additional documents? Or i have to wait for the request letter for police clearance from the visa office before sending the documents all at once?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Tsichi15 said:
Hello!

I tried to send an email to abu dhabi office last oct. 30. I asked about my situation and also i'd like to confirm if they already received my papers. To my surprise, i immediately received 3 msgs from abu dhabi as soon as i had sent my msg. The email was stated as follows:
1. Acknowledgent letter for my query and told me that i have to wait for 28 days for an answer.
2. A letter stating that they already received my application but still not in process. They gave me my permanent resident file no. (Bxxxxxxxxx) can be checked in ecas when they start to process my application.
3. Additional documents like receipt of permanent resident fee, renewed police clearance and nbi clearance, 4 passport pictures, and residency questionnaire and cenomar( maybe advisory of marriage)

Is this the request letter for the additional documents? Or i have to wait for the request letter for police clearance from the visa office before sending the documents all at once?
This is the request letter! There must also be mentioned a time period by which you need to submit all these documents. GoodLuck!

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
bu ayaan said:
This is the request letter! There must also be mentioned a time period by which you need to submit all these documents. GoodLuck!

Really? :D this is the request letter? It says that i have to submit within 45 days. At first i thought that it was only an automated instruction from abu dhabi since they said that they are going to send me a request for police clearance by mail and once i get the letter i have to complete all the documents including police clearance. They said that i cannot get police clearance without request letter from the visa office. But i already have the request letter i got from phil. Embassy with stamp from ministry of foreign affairs. So i can get police clearance already ryt? And i also requested other required documents.
Thanks a lot!

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Check with the respective ministry if they can give you a police clearance certificate with this letter. I don't think there should be any problem but better to check!

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
bu ayaan said:
Check with the respective ministry if they can give you a police clearance certificate with this letter. I don't think there should be any problem but better to check!
I had already requested a police clearance last year using the same letter so yes I'm sure that i can get it now. Did you also received the same email asking for required documents before?
Did they asked for CENOMAR? They asked me to submit it also.

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Tsichi15 said:
Hello!

hi, did your status on E-CAS change to "in process" yet?

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
munchkin80 said:
hi, did your status on E-CAS change to "in process" yet?

I checked my status but still it says application received and medical results received thats all. I understand that they only received my application but not yet in process according to their acknowledgement letter.

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
I also received my AOR on September 20th 2012 from Mississauga but no Acknowledgement from Abu Dhabi as of yet.

Hope its coming soon....

My status also says Medical results received and we received your application on August 10th,,,,, nothing has changed.