AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hello Impresso,

For me it has been half the time. I have had everything submitted upfront and received all the necessary acknowledgements and believe that my application is being processed in Abu Dhabi as the AOR stated.

Obviously being a November 2015 Applicant and now entering the summer season, it already feels like a long time since the application was initially submitted. It is tough to be away from your Spouse not to mention the strain of not being able to determine the date for an outcome, which puts one in a touch spot to handle situations at hand such as- renewing a Tenancy Contract, an Employment Contract, sell or not sell the car, hold on the the useful things or let them go etc. It isn't a very settling situation and time in life to be in.

I have asked my consultant, my representative, to order to the ATI Notes to give us an idea of where we're at. We were informed that it would take a month or so till we have the notes. Today completes 62 days since it has been applied for and we still don't have them. Very frustrating!

May I ask you Impresso, and to all other members of this forum please feel free to share your comments, when you do suggest the Background and or Security checks should or would have started? And is this is the most important and time consuming of it all? And finally, I haven't left the UAE since 2009, not once. Shouldn't a background/Security check for the likes of me be fairly quicker?
Notes take more than a month now
Last time it took them 40 days to send my wife notes
I had to send them an email and they acknowledged that it has been more than 30 days and told me that they will prioritize the request
I suggest sending them an email to remind them that they are late
They are required by law to provide the notes within reasonable time (30 days)
Good luck

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
mohammedessam said:
I had to send them an email and they acknowledged that it has been more than 30 days and told me that they will prioritize the request
Good luck
Cheers Mohammedessam,

I believe my consultant is on the case already.

How about yourself? Have you contacted CIC or received any further updates on your application? You are now passed the Time Frame. I'm really hoping that it comes through for you and for Bublo KSA, another ADVO Applicant and member of this forum who has been way past due time.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hello Impresso,

For me it has been half the time. I have had everything submitted upfront and received all the necessary acknowledgements and believe that my application is being processed in Abu Dhabi as the AOR stated.

Obviously being a November 2015 Applicant and now entering the summer season, it already feels like a long time since the application was initially submitted. It is tough to be away from your Spouse not to mention the strain of not being able to determine the date for an outcome, which puts one in a touch spot to handle situations at hand such as- renewing a Tenancy Contract, an Employment Contract, sell or not sell the car, hold on the the useful things or let them go etc. It isn't a very settling situation and time in life to be in.

I have asked my consultant, my representative, to order to the ATI Notes to give us an idea of where we're at. We were informed that it would take a month or so till we have the notes. Today completes 62 days since it has been applied for and we still don't have them. Very frustrating!

May I ask you Impresso, and to all other members of this forum please feel free to share your comments, when you do suggest the Background and or Security checks should or would have started? And is this is the most important and time consuming of it all? And finally, I haven't left the UAE since 2009, not once. Shouldn't a background/Security check for the likes of me be fairly quicker?

Hello IRONMAN7777 - It truly is a very tough place to be with the whole process of sponsorship. Good thing is once you get the visa, you have some time I would say 6 months to 1 Year to make your landing, so gives you enough time to sort things out esp with Jobs/Tenants/Cars. As frustrating as it is - dont give up hope. I still remember the day when my wife took a bus to Abu Dhabi to speak to the Office to get the Visa on the spot - and she got it ( Miracle I must say ) and she flew the day after. Yes we were bitter all the time, but that instance we forgot about all of that - time gone but atleast we have each other.

From what I remember you can request for notes on your own for 5$ and it takes 4 weeks to come in via email - Actually they pull the fill within a few days but have to go through the whole notes and delete content for security and privacy act .

I dont know if things have changed but, Security Clearance is broken down into two 1) The Criminality Check and 2) Security Clearance which allows the officer to determine if the applicant is safe for Canadian Soil and does not pose any threat to the country.

Criminality Check is based on the police clearance certificates you provide which is usually verified by the local police department and additional police clearance is required if the applicant resided in another country for longer than 6 months in the last 10 Years if I am not mistaken. These verification do take a little longer if the local police department are not quick enough to reply and it varies from country to country, some are quick some are slow.

The Security Clearance is the fun part and is not in ADVO hands - They have to reach out to various organisations to get a green light for the applicant and the list of organisation is also in accordance to/not limited to Where you reside , your country of birth , your past visited countries , your relationship and it is quite intense and takes the most time. This is sort of the same security clearance they do when you are at the airport and they feel like something is up with your name and they make you sit for a few hours - this is what they verify. Once all the agencies/organisations come back giving a green light - you are good to go.

It is very possible to do it in within a day but due to the large number of applicants coming into ADVO , we can certainly expect some delays.

Hope This helps.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mohammedessam said:
Good luck
Oh that is news to me - more that 40 Days just for notes ? That is a little insane and very shocking to me. If they could only update the immigration notes on the online status and not the pointless updates you wait for online atleast a person can have a clear idea on where they stand.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
IRONMAN7777 said:
Cheers Mohammedessam,

How about yourself? Have you contacted CIC or received any further updates on your application? You are now passed the Time Frame. I'm really hoping that it comes through for you and for Bublo KSA, another ADVO Applicant and member of this forum who has been way past due time.
Hello
I have sent a case specific inquiry to cic and they replied back saying that the application is still in process
ADVO haven't replied back to my emails since November 2015

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH very soon landing
Status of your application

Explanation

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

WITHDRAWN

(Applications can only be withdrawn when your application is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Immigrant Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Sponsorship and Eligibility Status Determined
We have made a decision on your sponsorship application. We will inform you in writing of the decision.

Application Forwarded to Visa Office
We have forwarded your application to the Visa Office for final processing. Quebec residents please see the relevant diagram.

Sponsor Advised of Decision Made
We will inform you in writing of the decision made on your sponsorship application. We will send you a Permanent Resident Kit that you will need to forward to the family class relative you are sponsoring

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
this is sponsorship diagram which I send you guys .

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
this is application timing when we submit the application .please check and advise back .

1.We received your application to sponsor ZOHAIB AHMED on December 16, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 8, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on February 16, 2016

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
Permanent Residence
1.We received ZOHAIB AHMED's application for permanent residence on December 16, 2015.
2.We started processing ZOHAIB AHMED's application on February 29, 2016

kindly check and advise

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRONMAN7777 said:
Cheers Mohammedessam,

Welcome back Impresso, I contacted with area MP in March, according to his reply I have to wait till June as i will be completing 17 months in mid of June after received application in ADVO and in total 20 months since I have submitted it. No response of case specific enquiry, nothing new in second set of GCMS result. Status is still in process. Really frustrating :(

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
zohaib007 said:
Permanent Residence
1.We received ZOHAIB AHMED's application for permanent residence on December 16, 2015.
2.We started processing ZOHAIB AHMED's application on February 29, 2016

kindly check and advise
Just have to sit tight and wait zohaib007 - Be Patient as this process will take some time.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
bublo ksa said:
Welcome back Impresso, I contacted with area MP in March, according to his reply I have to wait till June as i will be completing 17 months in mid of June after received application in ADVO and in total 20 months since I have submitted it. No response of case specific enquiry, nothing new in second set of GCMS result. Status is still in process. Really frustrating :(
Hello bublo ksa - I see that they recently asked for ADR recently from you. Do not worry - you are almost there to the end. Are your medicals still valid or do you have to renew them ?

If you haven't paid your RPRF ( Right of Permenant Resident Fees ) yet , I suggest you do that as well - helps save time later on.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
My wifes been living in abu dhabi for last 8 years since her 18th birthday. I applied for her sponsorship in April 2016. We got married in august 2015 in Pakistan. Can you tell me where will the application be processed LVO or Abu dhabi Visa office? Based on the average times i see on this forum, do you guys think that the process will complete by dec 2016 that is approx 8 months

THanks,

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Impresso said:
Hello IRONMAN7777 - It truly is a very tough place to be with the whole process of sponsorship. Good thing is once you get the visa, you have some time I would say 6 months to 1 Year to make your landing, so gives you enough time to sort things out esp with Jobs/Tenants/Cars. As frustrating as it is - dont give up hope. I still remember the day when my wife took a bus to Abu Dhabi to speak to the Office to get the Visa on the spot - and she got it ( Miracle I must say ) and she flew the day after. Yes we were bitter all the time, but that instance we forgot about all of that - time gone but atleast we have each other.

From what I remember you can request for notes on your own for 5$ and it takes 4 weeks to come in via email - Actually they pull the fill within a few days but have to go through the whole notes and delete content for security and privacy act .

I dont know if things have changed but, Security Clearance is broken down into two 1) The Criminality Check and 2) Security Clearance which allows the officer to determine if the applicant is safe for Canadian Soil and does not pose any threat to the country.

Criminality Check is based on the police clearance certificates you provide which is usually verified by the local police department and additional police clearance is required if the applicant resided in another country for longer than 6 months in the last 10 Years if I am not mistaken. These verification do take a little longer if the local police department are not quick enough to reply and it varies from country to country, some are quick some are slow.

The Security Clearance is the fun part and is not in ADVO hands - They have to reach out to various organisations to get a green light for the applicant and the list of organisation is also in accordance to/not limited to Where you reside , your country of birth , your past visited countries , your relationship and it is quite intense and takes the most time. This is sort of the same security clearance they do when you are at the airport and they feel like something is up with your name and they make you sit for a few hours - this is what they verify. Once all the agencies/organisations come back giving a green light - you are good to go.

It is very possible to do it in within a day but due to the large number of applicants coming into ADVO , we can certainly expect some delays.

Hope This helps.
Hi Impresso,

Good on your wife's part to talk them into granting her the visa on the spot. That truly is a miracle. Well done!

Yes, I understand that it would give me some time to wind things up before leaving after a visa has been issued. However, with all the wait, I wouldn't want to wait any longer than 10 days to leave after approval.

I am definitely not giving up hope. It has to be worth the efforts when it all comes together. My Mrs and I can't wait.

Speaking of checks, I do realize that it is an important stage as well as time consuming. I just wonder if the likes of me who have not traveled outside the UAE since 2009 would require a lengthy security check. It definitely makes sense for one who has a travel history, having spent more than six months in a different country. I was born and raised in Dubai and have been here ever since. My last travel was in 2009 for a very short stay.

Notes, yes I have ordered for them. It is day 63 since it has been applied for and I still don't have them. My consultant is on the case and has promised to revert to me no later than Friday, even though it isn't in his hands either.

Fingers crossed!

Can I ask where you and your wife landed?

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ALM123 said:
My wifes been living in abu dhabi for last 8 years since her 18th birthday. I applied for her sponsorship in April 2016. We got married in august 2015 in Pakistan. Can you tell me where will the application be processed LVO or Abu dhabi Visa office? Based on the average times i see on this forum, do you guys think that the process will complete by dec 2016 that is approx 8 months

THanks,
Hello ALM123

Once your wife's file for Sponsorship Eligibility has been approved and you receive an acknowledgement for it, the file will then get transferred to the Visa Office which will be mentioned in the Sponsorship Eligibility letter. In my opinion, it will most likely go to the Abu Dhabi Visa Office. Either way, you will be informed where it gets transferred to.

I wouldn't be able to answer your second question with a definite answer as all us applicants struggle with the same. All I can say is that it is a possibility.

Welcome to this forum and keep us posted with your progress. All the best mate!