Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH very soon landing
With the summer wedding season about to get underway, the government of Canada has revealed that processing times for the Outland Spousal/Common-Law Sponsorship Canadian immigration program have, in many cases, been significantly reduced.

Until the end of 2015, application processing times for this program were listed by visa office. Around the New Year, however, the way in which processing times were listed changed. Instead of being listed by visa office, a single figure (in months) was given. Now, processing times are listed by individual countries where the application is being made.

This modification allows couples in a relationship to make better decisions on which sponsorship program to apply to: Inland or Outland. Moreover, in many cases it may allow sponsored persons to obtain Canadian permanent residence sooner than was previously the case — a factor that will come as a great relief to many Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and their foreign spouses and common-law partners who wish to be reunited in Canada as quickly as possible.

The processing times for certain countries, including the time it takes to make the initial assessment of the sponsor, are now less than one year. These countries include France, Australia, Spain, Tunisia, Belgium, Algeria, Morocco, New Zealand, Peru, Brazil, Iran, Israel, Portugal, Poland, Taiwan, Trinidad & Tobago, Ukraine, and Switzerland. For many other countries, the processing time is around one year or slightly longer. A full list can be found at the end of this article.

In March of this year, the new Liberal government of Canada announced in its Immigration Levels Plan that it intends to increase the number of new permanent residents who arrive in Canada through the Family Class category, including spouses and common-law partners. This factor may have the effect of further reducing application processing times.

About Outland Spousal/Common-Law Sponsorship

An Outland application is generally pursued when the sponsored partner is living outside of Canada. However, Outland applicants can still be in Canada and apply through the Outland program, and may be permitted to travel in and out of Canada throughout the application process. However, in such an instance it is at the discretion of Canadian immigration authorities as to whether the sponsored person may re-enter Canada during the process; it is also at their discretion as to whether the application may continue to be processed if the sponsored person leaves Canada during the process.

Outland applications are processed through the visa office that serves the applicant’s country of origin, or where they have been lawfully admitted for at least one year.

It should be noted that, though the processing times are now published in a different way (by country), eligibility criteria for the program remains the same. In order to be a sponsor, an individual must:

Read more at http://www.cicnews.com/2016/05/ircc-update-spousalcommonlaw-sponsorship-processing-times-12-months-applicants-057930.html#EEeoqyrAF3U37MYM.99

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
before immigration process timing 17 month now reduce 12 months

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience in requesting a PR Travel Document through ADVO? How long has it taken to be processed (the VAC says 15 days)? Has anyone had to cancel it due to the reason for travel no longer needed? (it was for a funeral...which is long since done)

Thanks.

C.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
I have sent a case specific enquiry on May 13 and i received the following respose today
Dear Sir,
Your application is in queue for review by an officer.
Please ensure that you have provided us with your current email address and/or telephone number where you can be reached throughout the processing of your application.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section / NH
Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi/Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and thereby authorizing the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi/CIC to use your email address for communication with you, including the transmission of personal information on your file.

It's one of their generic responses
My wifes application has sent more than a year ago

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
chilkootcee said:
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience in requesting a PR Travel Document through ADVO? How long has it taken to be processed (the VAC says 15 days)? Has anyone had to cancel it due to the reason for travel no longer needed? (it was for a funeral...which is long since done)

Thanks.

C.
My husband went to the VAC and requested that his passport be returned. Apparently this automatically cancels the application (in case anyone else wants to know)

C.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
mohammedessam said:
I have sent a case specific enquiry on May 13 and i received the following respose today
Dear Sir,
Your application is in queue for review by an officer.
Please ensure that you have provided us with your current email address and/or telephone number where you can be reached throughout the processing of your application.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section / NH
Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi/Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and thereby authorizing the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi/CIC to use your email address for communication with you, including the transmission of personal information on your file.

It's one of their generic responses
My wifes application has sent more than a year ago
Hi Mohammedessam,

I am highly disappointed to see the update you have received and I cannot imagine how you must feel. The only thought that I can come up with is whether your file is in queue for review by a VO after a completion of checks or is this a case where a file hasn't been reviewed at all. Which brings me to ask, have you had a look at your notes- what do your notes say? And when did you last receive them?

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hi Mohammedessam,

I am highly disappointed to see the update you have received and I cannot imagine how you must feel. The only thought that I can come up with is whether your file is in queue for review by a VO after a completion of checks or is this a case where a file hasn't been reviewed at all. Which brings me to ask, have you had a look at your notes- what do your notes say? And when did you last receive them?
I've requested the notes 3 times till now
Starting from november last year till march this year
There was no updates on them
Hopefully all of us will hear good news soon

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Hello group! I am new to this forum! Today I received word that I got approved for sa and that the application has been sent to Abu Dhabi office. Based on your opinions how fast or slow is this office? Are there many apps going to this office?

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
kindly add my data spread sheet

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
Sponsorship
1.We received your application to sponsor ZOHAIB AHMED on December 16, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 8, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on February 16, 2016.

kindly add me spreadsheet

Permanent Residence
1.We received ZOHAIB AHMED's application for permanent residence on December 16, 2015.
2.We started processing ZOHAIB AHMED's application on February 29, 2016.

Dec 31, 2015
bublo ksa said:
I received ADR in March 2015 which i sent with in two weeks. As per GCMS which i received in Feb 2016, my file is ready for visa i don't know y they put my file on hold since October 2015.I paid RPRF upfront. Medical has expired last year in June and no request of remedical yet.
My wife went to PM who replier with the same them she went to another and cooporated very well. Try another MP.
By the way, double check the processing time I think it's been changed to 13 months.

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taiger_dalloul said:
Finall I recieved Passport Request after long waiting time......
Congratulations Dear. Welcome to Canada..
What is your time line?