+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Kinan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Hi all,

I would like to apply for Study Permit and I am still hesitating which choice is the best for my wife in terms of the easiness of getting it and the processing time.

Should she apply OWP or TRV in that case?

Thank you

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
fkl said:
Hello FKL,

I am adding my spouse to my in-progress application for permanent residency through inland PNP. After going through other threads on this forum, I have got a lot of information covered. However, I still have few doubts and queries and I am requesting you to please help.

Ques 1- Does I have sent only my updated IMM008 Generic application form or one for myself & second for my wife filled by her?

Ques 2- Do I have sent my spouse's PR size photographs? If yes then Is it same requirements as it was for me ? i.e. 6 photographs and on one of them write Name, DOB at the back

Lastly, Do we have to mention about we have her Spouse Open Work Permit application in process too ?

Please give your expert advice on this. Thanks

saintya

Apr 20, 2016
Hello,
I am living in Canada as an international student. My wife and son visiting me nowadays as a visitor. I want to apply open work permit for my wife and visitor record for my son. In this regard, I created an online account at mycic but have some confusions.
1. In order to extend the stay as a visitor in Canada I have to show my bank statement, but there is no option to upload the statement.
2. There is also no option for my documents such as my study permit, passport copy and visa copy.

Kindly guide me accordingly

Thanks

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
saintya said:
Hello,
I am living in Canada as an international student. My wife and son visiting me nowadays as a visitor. I want to apply open work permit for my wife and visitor record for my son. In this regard, I created an online account at mycic but have some confusions.
1. In order to extend the stay as a visitor in Canada I have to show my bank statement, but there is no option to upload the statement.
2. There is also no option for my documents such as my study permit, passport copy and visa copy.

Thanks
Download the software from http://www.dopdf.com/

Install it, and then convert your files to pdf first and then combine all supporting documents in one pdf file. attach this to your application, best of luck

saintya

Apr 20, 2016
Install it, and then convert your files to pdf first and then combine all supporting documents in one pdf file. attach this to your application, best of luck
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. Under which category I should upload?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hammer said:
Hello FKL,

I am adding my spouse to my in-progress application for permanent residency through inland PNP. After going through other threads on this forum, I have got a lot of information covered. However, I still have few doubts and queries and I am requesting you to please help.

Ques 1- Does I have sent only my updated IMM008 Generic application form or one for myself & second for my wife filled by her?

Ques 2- Do I have sent my spouse's PR size photographs? If yes then Is it same requirements as it was for me ? i.e. 6 photographs and on one of them write Name, DOB at the back

Lastly, Do we have to mention about we have her Spouse Open Work Permit application in process too ?

Please give your expert advice on this. Thanks
Your situation doesn't seem very clear to me as in, you just got married and you submitted your application before that?

You have to pretty much submit every form that you submitted for yourself. She has to undergo medicals, get police certificates etc. If you were already passed PPR stage, you might just notify CIC first and they would specifically ask for all these things separately, if you only have application in process then yes, you should still first notify them of change in your circumstances.

Assuming you applied via express entry, CIC might open up your my cic profile again with additional forms request - probably all of the ones you submitted for yourself (just like as if you were applying from scratch).

So its best not to assume WHAT forms. Just intimate them first and wait for them to indicate the way.

Meanwhile collect all needed docs Police certs, proof of marriage, get medicals done etc. This would include photos too. I don't know the details of non express entry applications that much so may be the above form would work with the same type of photos. But again, its best to intimate CIC first and wait for their instructions.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
saintya said:
Hello,

Thanks
I could be wrong but I know visitor record is only issued at POE. How old is your son?

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
hey its been 2 months and 6 days since my wife applied for her sowp from India.. I have even sent a case specific enquiry and no reply yet.. I'm worried if there is any problem with the application...

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Netz said:
hey its been 2 months and 6 days since my wife applied for her sowp from India.. I have even sent a case specific enquiry and no reply yet.. I'm worried if there is any problem with the application...
No bro. If they have any issue they would have responded your query right away that there is an issue.

Since you haven't received, just wait for the reply. Bangalore office is overwhelmed by study permit for May intake so they prioritised study permit over sowp.

They have cleared the backlogs till the first week of Feb. You should get a reply this week.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
saintya said:
Hello,

Thanks
My understanding is that by visitor record you mean TRV with residential status (i.e. valid for as long as your study permit, allows health care etc.)

There should be a field for cover letter, attach all documents as a single pdf, put a table of contents and upload as a single doc.

When you apply for extension from inside Canada, you don't need to go to any port of entry. Generally CIC approves the cases and send permits by mail. I have experienced this personally for WP, SOWP and children study permits and I don't think there is any special treatment for a visitor record.

But as others advised, since you have an application in process for a while in India, it might be a good idea to wait for its outcome. Refusals generally come sooner if they are bound to happen.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Netz said:
thanks a ton bro.. tht gives me sooo much of hope...i cn now stay positive...
There is an applicant who applied on the same day as you (Feb 15th) got approval today.

So, you don't have to wait any longer to get ur approval.

Cheers. Keep us updated

khushm27

Feb 19, 2016
GreenHak said:
There is an applicant who applied on the same day as you (Feb 15th) got approval today.

So, you don't have to wait any longer to get ur approval.

Cheers. Keep us updated
Hey GreenHak,

Can we know who got approval and from where did he apply? I applied on feb 17 and I am getting anxious now... :-X

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
khushm27 said:
Hey GreenHak,

Can we know who got approval and from where did he apply? I applied on feb 17 and I am getting anxious now... :-X
As I mentioned in my reply, he applied on Feb 15th. You will definitely receive the good news from CIC by the end of next week. :)

Stay positive and keep us updated.

Good luck.